Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Is This a Problem to Anyone??

Default Is This a Problem to Anyone??

New JOBS!!??!!??

http://www.usatoday.com/printedition...terstitialskip

I especially like this part;

"Federal employees making salaries of $100,000 or more jumped from 14% to 19% of civil servants during the recession's first 18 months and that's before overtime pay and bonuses are counted.

Federal workers are enjoying an extraordinary boom time in pay and hiring during a recession that has cost 7.3 million jobs in the private sector."

God help us!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Kinda like the BS chrysler bailout so they could close the local truck and van plant and move them to Mexico and Canada.

Tell me again how this jobs saved or created thing works again.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Banned

•Pay hikes. Then-president Bush recommended — and Congress approved — across-the-board raises of 3% in January 2008 and 3.9% in January 2009. President Obama has recommended 2% pay raises in January 2010, the smallest since 1975. Most federal workers also get longevity pay hikes — called steps — that average 1.5% per year.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 12-11-2009 at 06:30 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    New JOBS!!??!!??

"Federal employees making salaries of $100,000 or more jumped from 14% to 19% of civil servants during the recession's first 18 months and that's before overtime pay and bonuses are counted.

Federal workers are enjoying an extraordinary boom time in pay and hiring during a recession that has cost 7.3 million jobs in the private sector."

God help us!!
    The recession started in 2007 when Bush was in office.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    The recession started in 2007 when Bush was in office.
    The groundwork was laid by his predecessor with the deregulation of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac...and it is being furthered by his successor....

Look up the new spending bill that is FLYING through this Congress, Roger....over 5,000 EARMARKS worth nearly $4 BILLION dollars....but what's $4 BILLION more when our national debt is almost $13 TRILLION....and he has NO intention of vetoing it... ....pay particular attention to the millions in earmarks going to the state of Mississippi and WHY...

Hope BHO enjoys his "Christmas at the White House" show with Oprah on ABC this weekend...it'll be a great memory for him and his family when he's out of office in three years....

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    The groundwork was laid by his predecessor with the deregulation of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac...and it is being furthered by his successor....

Look up the new spending bill that is FLYING through this Congress, Roger....over 5,000 EARMARKS worth nearly $4 BILLION dollars....but what's $4 BILLION more when our national debt is almost $13 TRILLION....and he has NO intention of vetoing it... ....pay particular attention to the millions in earmarks going to the state of Mississippi and WHY...

Hope BHO enjoys his "Christmas at the White House" show with Oprah on ABC this weekend...it'll be a great memory for him and his family when he's out of office in three years....

kg
    How does that relate to the federal employees pay raises for which this thread is about? I think RK stuck his foot in his mouth on this thread. I can't wait to see how RK spins himself out of this one.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 12-11-2009 at 07:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    How does that relate to the federal employees pay raises for which this thread is about? I think RK stuck his foot in his mouth on this thread. I can't wait to see how RK spins himself out of this one.
    Your statement about the recession beginning in '07, Roger...nice job avoiding the issue....typical...

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Your statement about the recession beginning in '07, Roger...nice job avoiding the issue....typical...

kg
    This was RK's quote about the recession which started during the BUSH administration.

Is This a Problem to Anyone??
    New JOBS!!??!!??

"Federal employees making salaries of $100,000 or more jumped from 14% to 19% of civil servants during the recession's first 18 months — and that's before overtime pay and bonuses are counted.

Federal workers are enjoying an extraordinary boom time — in pay and hiring — during a recession that has cost 7.3 million jobs in the private sector."

God help us!!

This is an excert from that article. Note Bush increases of 3% in January 2008 and 3.9% in January 2009. Also note that Obama recommended (not yet passed) 2% increase in January 2010 (which is not even here yet) Which is the smallest increase since 1975.

Key reasons for the boom in six-figure salaries:
    •Pay hikes. Then-president Bush recommended — and Congress approved — across-the-board raises of 3% in January 2008 and 3.9% in January 2009. President Obama has recommended 2% pay raises in January 2010, the smallest since 1975. Most federal workers also get longevity pay hikes — called steps — that average 1.5% per year.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 12-11-2009 at 08:10 PM.

Roger, where did RK mention anything about the messiah to suggest that he was attacking him? If it's there, I missed it. It seems that you made that jump on your own, did you not? I am willing to bet that if you ask him if he has a problem with the raises Bush recommended during that time period he would say so. Go ahead and ask.

The hurt dog hollers regards,

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Roger, where did RK mention anything about the messiah to suggest that he was attacking him? If it's there, I missed it. It seems that you made that jump on your own, did you not? I am willing to bet that if you ask him if he has a problem with the raises Bush recommended during that time period he would say so. Go ahead and ask.

The hurt dog hollers regards,
    All of Rk's posts have been pro Bush (conservative) anti Obama (liberal) I don't know why he would change his opinions now. I am still waiting for him to comment.