Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is This a Problem to Anyone??

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I work for the federal gov't.

Fire away...
    No fire here. Can I borrow $20?

I'm so broke, I can't pay attention...

If I had your money, I'd burn mine to keep yours warm...
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I got the main point .
    No, I really don't think you did.
    Most of your posts nere seem to start by saying "Well Bush did ..."
    Wrong is still wrong whoever's doing it, PBO's continuation of the policy even if it's less than before is STILL a continuation.
    Why do Federal employees get any raise when we're having to extend the debt ceiling in order to help pay it? If you're running a company and the business is going broke, do the employees get raises? No, they're getting pay, benefits & hours cut, just like many state workers are.
    And don't use the argument that "it's in their contracts". The "pay czar" is cutting legally contracted pay/bonuses for company execs who were forced into accepting bailouts. The whole concept of "legally binding" has been turned on it's head by this Administration.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    No, I really don't think you did.
    Most of your posts nere seem to start by saying "Well Bush did ..."
    Wrong is still wrong whoever's doing it, PBO's continuation of the policy even if it's less than before is STILL a continuation.
    Why do Federal employees get any raise when we're having to extend the debt ceiling in order to help pay it? If you're running a company and the business is going broke, do the employees get raises? No, they're getting pay, benefits & hours cut, just like many state workers are.
    And don't use the argument that "it's in their contracts". The "pay czar" is cutting legally contracted pay/bonuses for company execs who were forced into accepting bailouts. The whole concept of "legally binding" has been turned on it's head by this Administration.
    If you read right, Obama has proposed a 2 % increase which still has to be passed by Congress for the year 2010. 2010 is not here yet.

Is it possible that congress will do something other than what obama recommends? Could congress give a higher % raise or even a lower or zero % raise?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Obama has proposed a 2 % increase .
    Again, I would ask, why should they get ANY increases even if just "proposed"?

You and the President just don't seem to get it. The checking account is EMPTY sir.
    "How can I be broke, I still have more checks?!?"
    Expenditures exceed tax revenues and at an ever increasing rate. Simple math. Even a graduate of Columbia ought to be able to understand that!
    The "overdrafts" are unsustainable and must come to an end before we can't even pay the fees, much less the overdraft amounts.
    Why is that SO hard to comprehend?
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Quote Originally Posted by BrianW View Post
    Again, I would ask, why should they get ANY increases even if just "proposed"?

You and the President just don't seem to get it. The checking account is EMPTY sir.
    "How can I be broke, I still have more checks?!?"
    Expenditures exceed tax revenues and at an ever increasing rate. Simple math. Even a graduate of Columbia ought to be able to understand that!
    The "overdrafts" are unsustainable and must come to an end before we can't even pay the fees, much less the overdraft amounts.
    Why is that SO hard to comprehend?

Around here, as is the case with most working folks I know, the annual increase this year and last......0% and you still feel lucky to have a job. Roger will never get it

BTW- I know of 5, that is FIVE, people that have been asked to take decreases in pay to keep working. One from 130K to about 80K...take it or leave it. In better times they would have left it, but right now he is taking it because it is a whole lot better to make 80K then 0!
    Last edited by badbullgator; 12-12-2009 at 01:53 PM.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

I find it interesting that Roger also misses this point

The highest-paid federal employees are doing best of all on salary increases. Defense Department civilian employees earning $150,000 or more increased from 1,868 in December 2007 to 10,100 in June 2009, the most recent figure available.
    When the recession started, the Transportation Department had only one person earning a salary of $170,000 or more. Eighteen months later, 1,690 employees had salaries above $170,000.

Sorry I don't care if it is Bush, obongo, the pope, or God himself doing it, it is not right. 1 in 5 goberment employees make 100K or better. Yeah, 1 in 5....that is 20% roger. Come on tell us how that is a good thing, the right thing, or even if it is a bad thing and Bushes fault.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

The pay raises Roger talks about amounted to less than $1,000 per cival Servant that's not much for over 30 years than add on a reduction for a disibility retirement.

I need some money that the Whitehouse wastes on the illusion of thrift. Like the kitchen garden to provide the first family with more neutricous food being tended by the kitchen gardener with a salary over 100,000 that's a lot of lettuce.
    Last edited by Richard Halstead; 12-12-2009 at 02:26 PM. Reason: spelling
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html