The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is This a Problem to Anyone??

In other words, you ASS U MEd that he was targeting Obama. You would make an awesome assistant to Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. You are great at turning things into something they aren't.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    In other words, you ASS U MEd that he was targeting Obama. You would make an awesome assistant to Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton. You are great at turning things into something they aren't.
    I do not ass u me anything I just find it hard to believe that a leopard can change its spots.

In 1964 around the holidays my wife & I were sitting in the 4B's cafe in Missoula, MT having a bite & I was reading the WSJ. On page 1 they have a synopsis of inside articles & one of those dealt with pay for federal employees & how they want to raise federal employees pay to the level of the private sector so more highly qualified people will want government employment. Apparently is was not enough that they are employed in a basically risk free environment, with early retirement & little accountability. In 45 years they have managed to swing the pendulum in their favor to the degree that you witness today, but the best & brightest are still in the private sector. So more money that the country does not have is being spent but the results are the same.

What caused that to happen? Apathy on the part of the citizenry, the large number of public employees in elective positions & the recognition by the best & brightest in the private sector that being the POTUS, your state's governor, US Senator or Rep &/or even in the State House was not as big a deal as owning a successful multi million dollar corporation. When you create a successful business model it is an immense personal satisfaction. & that is much easier to create than any significant legislation with all the perceived stakeholders.

Any of the fiscal moderates &/or conservatives on this forum who have never volunteered for those advisory boards, local elective office, etc. if they had the skills are to blame. If you look into the mirror & see that person, you might want to rethink how you spend some of your leisure time. Try to make the US a better country than when you arrived so our offspring will have somehting to look forward to in the future.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

The topic (upon which almost everyone here agrees) is govt is growing while the private sector is losing jobs.

None of those govt jobs provide a product that can be exported to our trading partners.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I do not ass u me anything I just find it hard to believe that a leopard can change its spots.
    You prove that on a daily basis.

Do you know any 4th graders?
    If so, maybe you could get them to help you with your reading comprehension.
    Your missing a lot!!
    Stan b & Elvis

When it comes to losing American jobs, one word: NAFTA

A few more words: Bush I, Clinton, Bush II, Obama

Neither party is lookin' out for guys and gals like US! (unless you happen to own a multi-national corporation who makes giant (and many) shadow contributions
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

Neither party is lookin' out for guys and gals like US! (unless you happen to own a multi-national corporation who makes giant (and many) shadow contributions

I agree 100%

I will add that most folks have either lost jobs, wage freeze, pay cut or reduced hours. Then most folks who responsible aduts have cut back their spending and lived withen a budget. Only in gooberment can you decrease incoming funds and still give out raises. Its wrong for either party.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    You prove that on a daily basis.

Do you know any 4th graders?
    If so, maybe you could get them to help you with your reading comprehension.
    Your missing a lot!!
    I got the main point

•Pay hikes. Then-president Bush recommended — and Congress approved — across-the-board raises of 3% in January 2008 and 3.9% in January 2009. President Obama has recommended 2% pay raises in January 2010, the smallest since 1975.

exacly,,didnt think I'd ever hear you write that
    Pete

I work for the federal gov't.

Fire away...
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.