The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Spend it like you got it!

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default Spend it like you got it!

    Senate to vote on $1.1 trillion spending bill

    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20091213/...gress_spending

    Senate Democrats overcame a Republican filibuster to clear the way for a vote Sunday on a huge end-of-year $1.1 trillion spending bill that gives budget increases far exceeding inflation to much of the government.

    This guy says it best...

    Republicans who fought the bill said it provides too much money at a time when the government is running astronomical deficits. "Obviously we need to run the government, but do you suppose the government could be a little bit like families and be just a little bit prudent in how much it spends?" said Sen. Jon Kyl, R-Ariz.


    Before you say it, I know Bush spent a lot. However, back in kindergarten, I learned that two wrongs don't make a right.

  2. #2
    Senior Member K G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    southeast us
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Okay Roger......NOW we can start talking about this topic......and PLEASE stay current. This is happening NOW, on the tail end of the worst recession since the great depression, which BHO is taking TOTAL credit for "ending"...and he has stated that he will NOT veto this spending bill, which contains over 5000 earmarks....

    Remembering BHO's campaign promise about earmarks regards,

    kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Richard Halstead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Lino Lakes, MN north metro area
    Posts
    2,061

    Default

    I watched a little C-span today the congress trying to vote for the bill would increase the level that is approved by congress. The bill passed with more pork than a Iowa pig farm. McCain, the Replican senator from Arizona, reminded his fellow members of the Senate that President Obama promised to go line by line and veto any bills that he did not favor.

    Warning to Buzz and Yardley that Obama is moving closer to the center from the Left he seems to relize that telling the nations that don't like us very much and the Whitehouse is are actally evil in these nations that won't change because of teleprompter speeches.
    cave canem...beware of the dog
    Richard Halstead (halst001 at yahoo.com)

    http://www.browndogmafia.com/finalists.html

  4. #4
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Okay Roger......NOW we can start talking about this topic......and PLEASE stay current. This is happening NOW, on the tail end of the worst recession since the great depression, which BHO is taking TOTAL credit for "ending"...and he has stated that he will NOT veto this spending bill, which contains over 5000 earmarks....

    Remembering BHO's campaign promise about earmarks regards,

    kg
    At least his spending is down from the past administration.

    On February 5, 2007, President George W. Bush submitted (as is customary for a president to do so) a budget request to the U.S. Congress for fiscal year (FY) 2008. It would amount to $2.9 trillion in federal spending

    By David R. Sands and Christina Bellantoni, THE WASHINGTON TIMES
    President Obama on Monday vowed to reel in wasteful Washington spending and blasted deceptive "accounting tricks" used by the Bush administration to fund the Iraq war even as House Democrats released a $410 billion stopgap spending bill studded with thousands of pork-barrel projects.

    "There aren't nearly as many earmarks in these bills as there were when [the Republicans] were in power, and unlike those days, every earmark is listed, every sponsor identified, and the public has a chance for real accountability," said Kirstin Brost, a spokeswoman for Mr. Obey.

    Among the earmarked projects in the bill are $764,000 for the Lake George Watershed Protection Initiative in New York, requested by Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, New York Democrat; $9.9 million for South Carolina's historically black colleges and universities, requested by House Majority Whip James E. Clyburn, South Carolina Democrat; and $1.1 million requested by Senate Republican Conference Chairman Lamar Alexander and Sen. Bob Corker, both of Tennessee, for water treatment plant improvements in Tennessee's Unicoi County, as well as $300,000 for a sewer extension project in another county.

    Among the cuts he outlined: ending payments to agribusiness, eliminating no-bid contracts in Iraq, stopping Medicare fraud, and ending tax breaks for companies that ship jobs overseas - a regular campaign promise that Mr. Obama hasn't mentioned recently.

    http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009...esponsibility/

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    At least his spending is down from the past administration.
    I knew it was coming!

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork
    Before you say it, I know Bush spent a lot. However, back in kindergarten, I learned that two wrongs don't make a right.

  6. #6
    Senior Member K G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    southeast us
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Roger, please help me understand how you think that dwelling on the Bush 43 administration's "failures" (in YOUR eyes) helps us deal with today's issues?

    You are living with blinders on, my friend....the denial you live in daily is staggering....

    Are you REALLY not capable of understanding that, quite frankly, YOU are the only person that cares NOW what Bush 43 did or didn't do? Do you think the conservatives and moderates here (or the INFORMED liberals, for that matter) really give a FLIP about what Bush 43 spent or didn't spend at this stage of the game? Do you think anyone is gonna care in November of 2010 or 2012?

    I would feel sorry for you if I didn't think you were capable of understanding this concept. However, all evidence up to this point confirms my latent suspicion....

    kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

  7. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wetumpka, AL
    Posts
    2,750

    Default

    Roger-

    Two issues....

    1. The reference to Bush was a complete budget less the war. The $1.1 trillion just passed was for everything not including Defense.

    2. The reference to a Bush document was to a "going in" document. It was vastly changed in the process. The $1.1 trillion refers to a completed budget.

    Oh...one more thing.... President Obama promised the American public that he would be going through expenditure legislation line by line and would remove the pork-barrel spending. Wanna bet?

    Eric

  8. #8
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Port St. Lucie, Fl
    Posts
    3,611

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Roger, please help me understand how you think that dwelling on the Bush 43 administration's "failures" (in YOUR eyes) helps us deal with today's issues?

    You are living with blinders on, my friend....the denial you live in daily is staggering....

    Are you REALLY not capable of understanding that, quite frankly, YOU are the only person that cares NOW what Bush 43 did or didn't do? Do you think the conservatives and moderates here (or the INFORMED liberals, for that matter) really give a FLIP about what Bush 43 spent or didn't spend at this stage of the game? Do you think anyone is gonna care in November of 2010 or 2012?

    I would feel sorry for you if I didn't think you were capable of understanding this concept. However, all evidence up to this point confirms my latent suspicion....

    kg
    I made a one sentence reference to past spending and 4 paragraphs about comments on present spending and you did not address one of those. You chose to attack the statement for the Bush spending instead. Why don't you comment on the other 4 paragraphs?

    Roger, please help me understand how you think that dwelling on the Bush 43 administration's "failures" (in YOUR eyes) helps us deal with today's issues?

    Because of the past administration the economy is in the situation it is in today. Obama did not start from scratch to put us where we are today, he inherited it.
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 12-14-2009 at 10:15 AM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Because of the past administrations the economy is in the situation it is in today. Obama did not start from scratch to put us where we are today, he inherited it.
    Fixed it for ya.

  10. #10
    Senior Member K G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    southeast us
    Posts
    5,349

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    Fixed it for ya.
    Ducknwork did you a favor, Roger, 'cause I KNOW you don't want to leave out any administration BEFORE Bush 43's impact on our current problems...'cause, you know, their policies DID have an effect...

    And the article you quoted is from February of this year, Roger...that is 10 months ago...an ETERNITY in political and financial time, Roger...PLEASE tell me you understand that....

    Read TODAY's news, Roger...TODAY...and tell me where BHO stands with eliminating wasteful spending....PLEASE tell me where he stands TODAY...(here's a hint: he's already said he will NOT veto the bill that has over 5000 earmarks....).

    He's changing his promises as he goes along, Roger...you know it, I know it, and fortunately for us all, the AMERICAN PEOPLE know it and will remember it in November '10 and '12....

    kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •