The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Spend it like you got it!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Ducknwork did you a favor, Roger, 'cause I KNOW you don't want to leave out any administration BEFORE Bush 43's impact on our current problems...'cause, you know, their policies DID have an effect...

And the article you quoted is from February of this year, Roger...that is 10 months ago...an ETERNITY in political and financial time, Roger...PLEASE tell me you understand that....

Read TODAY's news, Roger...TODAY...and tell me where BHO stands with eliminating wasteful spending....PLEASE tell me where he stands TODAY...(here's a hint: he's already said he will NOT veto the bill that has over 5000 earmarks....).

He's changing his promises as he goes along, Roger...you know it, I know it, and fortunately for us all, the AMERICAN PEOPLE know it and will remember it in November '10 and '12....

kg
    The Senate on Sunday passed a $1.1 trillion spending bill with increased budgets for vast areas of the federal government including health, education, law enforcement and veterans' programs.

The spending bill passed Sunday includes $447 billion for departments' operating budgets and about $650 billion in mandatory payments for federal benefit programs such as Medicare and Medicaid, which provide health care benefits to the elderly, disabled and poor. Those programs under immediate control of Congress would see increases of about 10 percent.
    The FBI gets $7.9 billion, a $680 million increase over 2009; the Veterans Health Administration budget goes from $41 billion to $45.1 billion; the National Institutes of Health receives $31 billion, a $692 million increase.

Tell me Keith, what is wrong with spending more for health, education, law enforcement and our veterans?

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

Just a few years back Bush was President we had Johnny Cash and Bob hope. Now with Osama as POTUS we have no Cash and no Hope.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Gutermuth View Post
    Just a few years back Bush was President we had Johnny Cash and Bob hope. Now with Osama as POTUS we have no Cash and no Hope.
    That is a good joke; interesting fact though....Both Hope and Cash died in 2003, the same year the past administration invaded Iraq. Could "W" and not "O" have caused the loss of Hope and Cash?
    power without lumber, raciness without weediness

A big man never looks down on others.... instead, he is someone to look up to.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Tell me Keith, what is wrong with spending more for health, education, law enforcement and our veterans?
    The same thing that is wrong with going to the grocery store and buying steaks for dinner when you have to use your credit card to pay for it.

We don't have the means to pay for increases in anything.

Did you miss this little nugget?

Senate Democrats overcame a Republican filibuster to clear the way for a vote Sunday on a huge end-of-year $1.1 trillion spending bill that gives budget increases far exceeding inflation to much of the government.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    The same thing that is wrong with going to the grocery store and buying steaks for dinner when you have to use your credit card to pay for it.

We don't have the means to pay for increases in anything.

Did you miss this little nugget?
    All right where do we make the cuts. Out of 1.1 trillion over half (650 billion) goes to mandatory payments to Medicare and Medicade and such.
    I know, why don't we just kill off the sick and the elderly.

447 Billion goes to department operating budgets.

Maybe we could cut out money (7.9 billion) for the FBI. Heck we don't need them to track down terrorists do we?

How about cutting out the money for veterans benefits they don't need 45.1 billion do they? After all we only lost about 4,000+ lives and god know how many were wounded in Iraq, Hell lets kick them out of the hospitals and deny them any extended care.

I would say Congress cut the spending to almost the bare bones compared to what the last administration spent. And, yes you do have to make a comparison so you can compare apples to apples.

Where's all this money going to come from, Roger?

WHERE?????????????????????

Especially for those 5000 EARMARKS with this bill that BHO said we wouldn't have any more of after he became President? Is our President a LIAR, Roger??? Or should he just admit he said all that BS just to get elected? I'd respect him more if he did...

I can think of a ton of things I want but can't afford to have regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Banned

Where's all this money going to come from, Roger?

WHERE?????????????????????

Especially for those 5000 EARMARKS with this bill that BHO said we wouldn't have any more of after he became President? Is our President a LIAR, Roger??? Or should he just admit he said all that BS just to get elected? I'd respect him more if he did...

kg
    Estimated receipts for fiscal year 2008 were $2.66 trillion.
    Looks to me that the 2.66 trillion income will be enough to cover the 1.1 trillion spending.

kg

So does Tiger.......

Trying to add a bit of humor regards
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Estimated receipts for fiscal year 2008 were $2.66 trillion.
    Looks to me that the 2.66 trillion income will be enough to cover the 1.1 trillion spending.
    Roger, you're SO predictable....

What about the remaining $13 TRILLION deficit?

And Wikipedia wouldn't be my source for budget number, Roger. Try the GAO...

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Banned

Roger, you're SO predictable....

What about the remaining $13 TRILLION deficit?

And Wikipedia wouldn't be my source for budget number, Roger. Try the GAO...

kg
    Where was your concern when Bush spending all your money? How much of the defict was there when Bush left office?

Here is what McCain would have proposed.

McCain promises to renew the full roster of Bush tax cuts enacted in 2001 and 2003 and add many more for businesses and upper income people who pay the alternative minimum tax. The Bush tax cuts expire at the end of 2010 and renewing them would soon cost well over $200 billion a year. Eliminating the alternative minimum at the same time would cost almost as much.

How would cutting taxes help reduce the defict?
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 12-14-2009 at 05:13 PM.