The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Spend it like you got it!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    The Senate on Sunday passed a $1.1 trillion spending bill with increased budgets for vast areas of the federal government including health, education, law enforcement and veterans' programs.

The spending bill passed Sunday includes $447 billion for departments' operating budgets and about $650 billion in mandatory payments for federal benefit programs such as Medicare and Medicaid, which provide health care benefits to the elderly, disabled and poor. Those programs under immediate control of Congress would see increases of about 10 percent.
    The FBI gets $7.9 billion, a $680 million increase over 2009; the Veterans Health Administration budget goes from $41 billion to $45.1 billion; the National Institutes of Health receives $31 billion, a $692 million increase.

Tell me Keith, what is wrong with spending more for health, education, law enforcement and our veterans?
    Nothing is wrong with that, it's the other 90% that is disturbing!!

Hoax & Change regards,

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Where was your concern when Bush spending all your money? How much of the defict was there when Bush left office?
    BTW most who are concerned about BHO's spending were less impressed when W did. W likely had the worst fiscal record ever for a Republican president ever. I am afraid by the time the folks running it now will make Bush look like a amatuer. Sorry your not getting much defense from fiscal conservatives about this one.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Where was your concern when Bush spending all your money? How much of the defict was there when Bush left office?

Here is what McCain would have proposed.

McCain promises to renew the full roster of Bush tax cuts enacted in 2001 and 2003 and add many more for businesses and upper income people who pay the alternative minimum tax. The Bush tax cuts expire at the end of 2010 and renewing them would soon cost well over $200 billion a year. Eliminating the alternative minimum at the same time would cost almost as much.

How would cutting taxes help reduce the defict?
    Do you realize how futile you sound by quoting "what ifs?"

$13 TRILLION, Roger.....5000 more earmarks....are you getting what you want out of this President? Isn't that more important to you that whatever you would or would not have gotten from the guy that didn't get elected?

I'm beginning to believe that you enjoy the political fantasy life you live here, Roger....

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Do you realize how futile you sound by quoting "what ifs?"

$13 TRILLION, Roger.....5000 more earmarks....are you getting what you want out of this President? Isn't that more important to you that whatever you would or would not have gotten from the guy that didn't get elected?

I'm beginning to believe that you enjoy the political fantasy life you live here, Roger....

kg
    All the bitching in the world will not change the fact YOUR GUY LOST. Obama will be the President for the next 3 years and unless he gets assassinated or dies and that will not change. Get used to it.

All the bitching in the world will not change the fact YOUR GUY LOST. Obama will be the President for the next 3 years and unless he gets assassinated or dies and that will not change. Get used to it.

McCain was not MY guy....

....but to clarify, we all lost!!

Hoax & Change regards

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Nothing is wrong with that, it's the other 90% that is disturbing!!

Hoax & Change regards,

rk
    Where I went to school the following add up to 1.181 trillion
    443 billion dept operating
    650 billion medicare & medicade ect
    7.9 billion FBI
    45.1 billion veterans
    31 billion Nat. Inst Health care

Banned

With Bank of America paying off 45 billion, wells fargo paying off 25 billion and Citi group paying off 20 billion, that should help the defict some.

A drop in the bucket.

The bucket is still leaking regards,

Transchoptankia, DEMOCRATIC Peoples Republic of Maryland

The real loser in the election of 2008 was not Senator McCain, it was America. Osama couldn't run a one car funeral, never mind what was until his inauguration the greatest nation on earth. America will be a 3rd world country by the time his next three years are up. God forbid he should get re-elected.
    Bob Gutermuth
    Canvasback Chesapeakes
    ROLL TIDE!