RetrieverTraining.Net - the RTF banner

Darn Bloody Nuts

2K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  golden dude 
#1 ·
My male(obviously) golden gets his scrotum all scraped up and bloody when Pheasant hunting. Treating the brite red and sore area after the fact is easy enough. Does anyone do any thing for their males to prevent this from happening? Anything at all?? My wife is trying to design a nut-cup of sortes. I need help before she knits Drake a ball hugger and expects me to keep it on him. Help!!!!!

Steve

#2 ·
well, if you are not planning on using him for stud, maybe neutering is best for him...

I would think that he would get uncomfortably warm with a 'cup'... LOL Of course I am not a guy, so I don't know first hand about these things....

Juli

#4 ·
.... neutering is best for him...

... I am not a guy, so I don't know first hand about these things....

Juli
Obviously :shock:

#3 ·
Check with a vet first, but they make stuff to toughen the pads of their feet. Maybe you could put some of that on his nuts after they heal to toughen them up. Like I said, check with your vet first.

#11 ·
Like someone mentioned before - use bag balm before and after.

#14 ·
My dogs have always had the same problem. I just run them. They heal quick and it doesn't seem to bother them. My golden cut his sack on barb wire out west. He had a good inch cut. I took him to the vet and she said here's some anti bacterial cream, have a fun hunt tomorrow. So I hunted him even like that. He didn't care and he healed within 4 days completely.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.