The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media

Thread: We are supposed to BELEIVE this Guy??

Default We are supposed to BELEIVE this Guy??

He is a pathological baffoon!!

World
    Al Gore Gets It Wrong at Copenhagen Talks Updated: 11 minutes ago
    Print Text Size E-mail More
    Dana Chivvis
    Contributor
    (Dec. 15) -- It is an inconvenient time for Al Gore to be fudging numbers on global climate change.

With the specter of the "Climategate" e-mails hanging ominously over the Copenhagen climate change summit, the former vice president told a crowd there on Monday that one scientist had predicted the polar ice cap would have no summer ice in five to seven years.

"These figures are fresh. Some of the models suggest to Dr. Maslowski that there is a 75 percent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during the summer months, could be completely ice-free within five to seven years," Gore told the audience.

But the scientist Gore quoted, Dr. Wieslaw Maslowski of the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School in Monterrey, Calif., told the Times of London that he never said such a thing.

"It's unclear to me how this figure was arrived at," Maslowski told the Times. "I would never try to estimate likelihood at anything as exact as this."
    The scientist said Gore's statement about the pole being "completely ice-free" was not in line with his current predictions, which are dramatic enough without being pumped up. Maslowski said his research shows 80 percent of the north polar ice will melt in the next six years, but he expects some ice to remain beyond the year 2020.

In an email to Sphere, Maslowski added that if the Arctic melting trend of the last 15 years continues, the "main reduction of sea ice volume may take place within the next five to seven years," which would affect the global climate.

Gore's office later admitted to the Times that the figures weren't actually all that "fresh," but were instead based on a conversation Gore had had with Maslowski several years ago.

Regardless of the confusing details, most climate scientists agree that human activity has contributed to rising temperatures. But the credibility of that consensus was undermined last month when critics released thousands of e-mail exchanges, some of which gave the impression that scientists were massaging figures and trying to silence skeptics of anthropogenic global warming.

Filed under: Nation, World, Science
    2009 AOL Inc. All Rights Reserved.

BTW---I know how he arrived at that figure, he made it up.....it's called a LIE!!

Hoax & Chains regards!!
    Last edited by road kill; 12-15-2009 at 03:44 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    He is a pathological baffoon!!

World
    Al Gore Gets It Wrong at Copenhagen Talks Updated: 11 minutes ago
    Print Text Size E-mail More
    Dana Chivvis
    Contributor
    (Dec. 15) -- It is an inconvenient time for Al Gore to be fudging numbers on global climate change.

With the specter of the "Climategate" e-mails hanging ominously over the Copenhagen climate change summit, the former vice president told a crowd there on Monday that one scientist had predicted the polar ice cap would have no summer ice in five to seven years.

"These figures are fresh. Some of the models suggest to Dr. Maslowski that there is a 75 percent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during the summer months, could be completely ice-free within five to seven years," Gore told the audience.

But the scientist Gore quoted, Dr. Wieslaw Maslowski of the U.S. Naval Postgraduate School in Monterrey, Calif., told the Times of London that he never said such a thing.

"It's unclear to me how this figure was arrived at," Maslowski told the Times. "I would never try to estimate likelihood at anything as exact as this."
    The scientist said Gore's statement about the pole being "completely ice-free" was not in line with his current predictions, which are dramatic enough without being pumped up. Maslowski said his research shows 80 percent of the north polar ice will melt in the next six years, but he expects some ice to remain beyond the year 2020.

In an email to Sphere, Maslowski added that if the Arctic melting trend of the last 15 years continues, the "main reduction of sea ice volume may take place within the next five to seven years," which would affect the global climate.

Gore's office later admitted to the Times that the figures weren't actually all that "fresh," but were instead based on a conversation Gore had had with Maslowski several years ago.

Regardless of the confusing details, most climate scientists agree that human activity has contributed to rising temperatures. But the credibility of that consensus was undermined last month when critics released thousands of e-mail exchanges, some of which gave the impression that scientists were massaging figures and trying to silence skeptics of anthropogenic global warming.

Filed under: Nation, World, Science
    2009 AOL Inc. All Rights Reserved.

BTW---I know how he arrived at that figure, he made it up.....it's called a LIE!!

Hoax & Chains regards!!
    RK,

Agreed, but you know what will happen...

ALGORE press sec....."It was a simple slip of the tounge"

Calm down, it was a mistake they'll say, regards

NCA

If it was that long ago then it should be already melted

The inventor of the interweb strikes again. Every time he speaks the polls change for man made global warmi er cooling no aaa warming yeah warming Yeah yeah thats the ticket.

Here is the perfect SNL clip of John Lovitz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLyyPCbxnIU
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

"We" elected Obama so I guess we will believe anything.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Hey whats a little misinformation when we all know EVERY scientist agrees with algore
    Oh sorry dnf et al I know algore is not an expert and just because he won a Nobel prize does not mean you should take him as factual.........what was I thinking I am sure it was just an HONEST mistake
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Hey whats a little misinformation when we all know EVERY scientist agrees with algore
    Oh sorry dnf et al I know algore is not an expert and just because he won a Nobel prize does not mean you should take him as factual.........what was I thinking I am sure it was just an HONEST mistake

Hey Cory, are you and fellow conservatives backing this guy? I think you may have someone here that could make a difference.

UB

An interesting six minute speech from a candidate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M&feature=player_embedded
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Hey Cory, are you and fellow conservatives backing this guy? I think you may have someone here that could make a difference.

UB

An interesting six minute speech from a candidate:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VP2p91dvm6M&feature=player_embedded

Uncle Bill, a whole thread dedicated to this Hero!!

http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...ad.php?t=48393

Lot's of interesting comments.

rk
    Stan b & Elvis