The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: The beginning of the end....

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Can you find a list of the average weight per citizen. I suspect were doing a lot worse then number 50 in that category, and that could have a lot more to do with where we rank in life expectancy then quality of health care.

Now where did I put those chicken wings

Good point, life expectancy by itself is not a good measure of health care quality. I don't know if the link will come through, but this has much more to do with our life exp. numbers than health care.

http://media.peopleofwalmart.com/wp-...09/12/6301.jpg

There's a Foxworthy joke somewhere in there.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Good point, life expectancy by itself is not a good measure of health care quality. I don't know if the link will come through, but this has much more to do with our life exp. numbers than health care.

Don't you have to cover those up in public?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
    Don't you have to cover those up in public?
    If your bra has 4 cups......you might be a redneck!!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

I have never seen boobs without nipples before.

As a matter of justice we provide essential legal representation free to anyone that does not have the ability to pay. Without this long standing practice it is my opinion we would have a total police state in short order. Does anyone really disagree with that?????
    Police states provide legal representation ... though the whole legal process is still a sham. The presence or absence of lawyers, in and of itself, is not as important as the mindset of the populace and those in control of the govt.

The time to do something about healthcare is now..........if neither side gets exactly what it wants then that will probably be a good starting point that can be refined as we move forward..............
    I would tend to disagree. Reform is for improvement. If the replacement is as bad as the original, it is just as hard to "fix". Govt bureaucracy is one of the most durable entities to get rid of.

I believe any program adopted now that provides for greatly expanded coverage will ultimately evolve to eliminate coverage gaps and that our reluctance to increase taxes will ultimately result in more cost controls focused on the cost of care rather than on rationing who gets care.
    As I understand it, UK, Canada and even Sweden, are all suffering from insufficiency of benefits. I believe it's Sweden (maybe Finland?) that is facing serious problems with its generous retirement programs as well. We have heard far too little about the failures of universal coverage.

If new wealth is not created to pay the bills, the bills can't be paid.

I'm sure that all of us would like to see care available to everyone, regardless of economic status. But that only is truly possible when the wealth is available to pay the bill. Otherwise the govt/bureaucrats will make the decisions how limited funds/services are distributed.

This control of distribution has already been the case with insurors, but there has been litigation when an insuror goes outrageous.

I would predict that with the bill prepared the rates will be a lot higher than people expect; and that taxes will be imposed to offset the (foolishly) unanticipated costs of this "improvement." And we all are aware of the Congress's cowardice in failing to address cost-control issues by pandering to the special interest groups.

unless the rate of growth in health care costs is reduced to a level approaching the rate of growth in the economy as a whole,

I see no significant measures in the proposed legislation that will do that very well.

not only the Federal government but businesses and most consumers will be bankrupted without a major change that reduces the number of people with coverage and withholds medical care from those that cannot pay.

The more likely result is that the available services will be distributed "equitably" by a bureaucrat. Some who have, indeed, paid will get less benefit for what they have paid ... to balance those that will get care but who have not paid (have been subsidized).
    This still does not mean that I have no empathy for those who are at the low end of the food chain. The most beneficial thing would be to find policies that would raise that portion of the population into a higher socio-economic level. To do that will take many good minds, creativity, innovation and the will to resist the bribery of special interest groups who buy the votes of legislators.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.