The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ben Nelson

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    http://usdebtclock.org/

Is this helpful??

It appears we are nearing $13,000,000,000!
    Let's say President Bush had $5 trillion that means President Obama has incresed it to $13 trillion, and increase of 260% in 1 year and we aren't even talking "free healthcare" costs yet!!
    And Cap & Trade, and Global Warming etc, etc , etc.

I pray every night that God saves us from ourselves!!

Hoax & Chains regards....

rk
    If anyone is expecting me to defend Obama's spending, you're all barking up the wrong tree.

Bush did not leave office with the debt at 5T. In fact, they had to add another digit to the symbolic debt ticker under his watch, as he pushed the debt through the 10 trillion mark. Again, depending on how you run the books, he ran the debt up anywhere from 4.7T to 8T, largely with a republican congress 6/8 of the time.

You're right about needing to focus on the present guy in office, and reel in his spending. I couldn't agree more. I just don't want us to gloss over the republican's recent record, so we won't mistakenly think that by re-electing the likes of Bush/Cheney, it will make the spending like a drunk sailor go away. We've all seen the chart posted here several times about which administrations run up the big bills. Obama might finally bring the democrats to that party, that has mostly been republican up till now.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    If anyone is expecting me to defend Obama's spending, you're all barking up the wrong tree.

Bush did not leave office with the debt at 5T. In fact, they had to add another digit to the symbolic debt ticker under his watch, as he pushed the debt through the 10 trillion mark. Again, depending on how you run the books, he ran the debt up anywhere from 4.7T to 8T, largely with a republican congress 6/8 of the time.

You're right about needing to focus on the present guy in office, and reel in his spending. I couldn't agree more. I just don't want us to gloss over the republican's recent record, so we won't mistakenly think that by re-electing the likes of Bush/Cheney, it will make the spending like a drunk sailor go away. We've all seen the chart posted here several times about which administrations run up the big bills. Obama might finally bring the democrats to that party, that has mostly been republican up till now.
    I resent that remark.
    I was a sailor, and I got drunk (once), but I had to stop spending foolishly.

You see, I ran out of money.

That's not stopping these guys!!!
    Last edited by road kill; 12-19-2009 at 02:37 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

[QUOTE=dnf777;538922]So true. Bush runs up we'll say 4.7 trillion in debt, and not a peep from the righties. QUOTE]

Where oh where are the specifics? (I tracked you down )
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

[quote=M&K's Retrievers;539067]
    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    So true. Bush runs up we'll say 4.7 trillion in debt, and not a peep from the righties. QUOTE]

Where oh where are the specifics? (I tracked you down )
    Under GWB, the national debt rose from $5.6 trillion to $10.7 trillion. In addition to this, at the time he left office there was an additional deficit of more than a trillion dollars incorporated into budgets and unbudgeted spending commitments already made but not included in the budget (e.g. funding for the war after February 2009). Under Obama, the national debt has increased by about $1.5 trillion reflecting a mix of the inherited deficit and the stimulus program spending to date. The increases in debt are shown in the graph below of changes in the deficit as a percentage of GDP. You can also see the data on Wikipedia at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_public_debt or on the Treasury or White House web sites. FWIW, more than 40% of the deficit is money that has been borrowed from various trust funds including social security.

and the unemployent rate under President George W. Bush and obama to have a tax base to support those deficits?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

There are two things of note.

1) The date of the graph is Feb 2009. In the past 8 months or so, it will have increased.

2) The graph goes straight up with the start of the Obama presidency. That's really worthy of fear.

What's the significance of the red/black lines?

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    There are two things of note.

1) The date of the graph is Feb 2009. In the past 8 months or so, it will have increased.

2) The graph goes straight up with the start of the Obama presidency. That's really worthy of fear.

What's the significance of the red/black lines?

Eric
    I know when it stops. The date is prominently written on the graph. That was why I also indicated how much it has increased since Obama became President. I'm not entirely sure of the red vs black. The source is zfacts.com if you want to check the details. I suspect those are periods when we incurred total operating deficits after accounting for both the budget deficit and the surpluses in government trust funds. The graph began going straight up in mid 2008 with Bush's actions to mitigate the economic collapse and continued that way for the same reason when Obama took office. I am less concerned about that than I am about the absence of plans to reduce the debt once the economy is growing well again.

I'm surprised to see you leftist liberal goo-goo's talking about our national debt. Big numbers usually make you democrats dizzy.

Let's look at Obongo's party so far. Since Shrub left office Dear Leader's added about $1.51 trillion to our debt. Let's round it up to $1.6 trillion by the end of the fiscal year. Now multiply that by 8 years (Heaven please help us) of an Obongo adminstration and we get $12.8 trillion freakin' dollars added to the national debt. Way to go, Barry! That's a double...a one bagger! Want to compare him to Bush? Fine. Bush added $5.727 trillion freakin' dollars during his eight years of arsony.

In October foreigners were net sellers of treasury instruments to the tune of about $43 trillion dollars. Again...sellers not buyers. Obama and his leftist loonies in Congress want to increase the debt ceiling by $1.8 trillion...or $150 billion NET OF NEW ISSUE A MONTH. Don't get dizzy on me yet, dems.

So if the Chinese, Brits, Japanese, Saudis and all the other happy little foreigners won't be buying our crappy debt anymore who will? And what happens when the old stuff rolls?

Oh yeah...we've still got Mr. QuanteasingdebtmonetizingZimbabweB52Bernanke. He'll buy it!! Ben to the rescue with his printing presses and green ink. He's a helluva arsonist. He'll save us, right?

Wrong. Obama, Ben and Timmy Turbo are taking us to hell...and pretty damn quick. We'll by paying $100 for a loaf of bread when they're through with us...if there's any bread left.

We live in Cuba now.

Beat on Bush all you like, you can't change the fact that the past is the PAST and nothing can be done about it.
    The only thing we have any hope of changing is the future.

The Democrats are the party of the "working man"?
    Puh-lease !!
    Both are the party of Goldman Sachs and the rich who just keep getting richer.
    Under Bush/TS Paulson & TARP GS made billions that was funneled directly from AIG with with the direct intervention of former Fed Reserve Bank of NY, now TS Tim Geithner.
    Under BHO/Crap & Tax, GS stands to make trillions off of the new carbon trading market along with Jeffrey Immelt from GE , AL Gore and the rest while every one of "the working man's" power/heating rates skyrocket.
    Under health care "reform", Big Pharma stands to makes billion, if not more, through the barring of price negotiations and banning of imported drugs, while "the working man" will be forced to pay more for a health care plan than it's worth.
    Under amnesty and immigration reform, this country will be flooded with new workers more than willing to work for min wage, thus driving down "the working man's" wage vs tax ratio even more and making it even harder to get/keep a job in the first place.

Forgive me while this working man pukes from the stench of the bull$&^! being spewed from PBO & the choir.
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Yo, Kenny! Hyaryago:

WWW.Givebentheboost.com

Sounds like many of your fellow Cornhuskers aren't in love with your flip-flopping senator either.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.