The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: You could have heard a pin drop (fwd'd e-mail)

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    WW1..Battle of the Somme, the Brits lost 80,000 men in 1 days fighting!
    Check your stats, Franco.

http://www.firstworldwar.com/battles/somme.htm

Grandiose claims out the arse like that sorta shoot the rest of your arguments in the shorts....

What about Waterloo regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Banned

Do you hate them because they told us in 1962 that getting involved with Vietnam would be a mistake?
    Umm....I believe we were in Vietnam BECAUSE of the French.

And we were there many many years before 1962.

"The Vietnam War was the legacy of France's failure to suppress nationalist forces in Indochina as it struggled to restore its colonial dominion after World War II. Led by Ho Chi Minh, a Communist-dominated revolutionary movement-the Viet Minh-waged a political and military struggle for Vietnamese independence that frustrated the efforts of the French and resulted ultimately in their ouster from the region. Vietnam had gained its independence from France in 1954. The country was divided into North and South. The North had a communist government led by Ho Chi Minh. The South had an anti-communist government led by Ngo Dinh Diem."

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/vietnam.htm

http://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/mod...tnam/index.cfm

WRL

If you bomb one of their trains you can elect a president of your choice.
    Terry Moseley
    Bad Motor Scooter SH

He that tooteth not his own horn...The same shall not be tooted.

There could be 5 or 6 ninjas in this room right now.

The Fremch Foreign Legion is far from the current standard for Special Forces. Our own Special Operations Warriors from either our Army, Navy, Air Force or Marines would run circles around any of them. Also 22 SAS from the U.K. are just as good as our Special Operations Warriors.

P S S The French Foreign Legion is still the world standard for Special Forces. THey just do a better job of picking thier wars.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Check your stats, Franco.

http://www.firstworldwar.com/battles/somme.htm

Grandiose claims out the arse like that sorta shoot the rest of your arguments in the shorts....

What about Waterloo regards,

kg
    Long before the internet, I read about the Battle of the Somme and it had 80,000 casulties. Your source stated 58,000. I'm sure that if I researched it on-line, I could find other estimates. My point is that in 1916 they still hadn't figured how to fight the war. I don't remember the British Officer's name that first used walking artillary combined with tanks and infantry to finally start whipping the Germans in late 1918!
    Last edited by Franco; 12-22-2009 at 10:14 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by WRL View Post
    Umm....I believe we were in Vietnam BECAUSE of the French.

And we were there many many years before 1962.

"The Vietnam War was the legacy of France's failure to suppress nationalist forces in Indochina as it struggled to restore its colonial dominion after World War II. Led by Ho Chi Minh, a Communist-dominated revolutionary movement-the Viet Minh-waged a political and military struggle for Vietnamese independence that frustrated the efforts of the French and resulted ultimately in their ouster from the region. Vietnam had gained its independence from France in 1954. The country was divided into North and South. The North had a communist government led by Ho Chi Minh. The South had an anti-communist government led by Ngo Dinh Diem."

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/ops/vietnam.htm

http://www.digitalhistory.uh.edu/mod...tnam/index.cfm

WRL
    The French warned us after thier defeat at Diem Ben Fu (sp) their air base that had to be evacuated and was the defeat that made them realize that Vietnam couldn't be won. It wasn't the people's will.

WE got in after they got out. Yes, we had observers then but, Kennedy and McNamara were warned!
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCreek View Post
    The Fremch Foreign Legion is far from the current standard for Special Forces. Our own Special Operations Warriors from either our Army, Navy, Air Force or Marines would run circles around any of them. Also 22 SAS from the U.K. are just as good as our Special Operations Warriors.

P S S The French Foreign Legion is still the world standard for Special Forces. THey just do a better job of picking thier wars.
    [/quote]

Yes, as Americans we are proud of our Special Forces.

But, many militaries around the world would disagree with your assessment.

Have you ever typed 'french military victories' into Google and clicked 'Im feeling lucky'? Try it.

Come on....

You know you want to.

Just do it already!!

Long before the internet, I read about the Battle of the Somme and it had 80,000 casulties. Your source stated 58,000. I'm sure that if I researched it on-line, I could find other estimates. My point is that in 1916 they still hadn't figured how to fight the war. I don't remember the British Officer's name that first used walking artillary combined with tanks and infantry to finally start whipping the Germans in late 1918!
    This was the first truly mechanized war, Franco. Aircraft and tanks both made their debut here...EVERYONE was trying to figure out how to fight this war...but please don't suggest that the French had anything to do with the winning of this war, except for providing the ground it was fought on.

The French warned us after thier defeat at Diem Ben Fu (sp) their air base that had to be evacuated and was the defeat that made them realize that Vietnam couldn't be won. It wasn't the people's will.

WE got in after they got out. Yes, we had observers then but, Kennedy and McNamara were warned!
    The worst thing that happened to the US relative to Vietnam was Lyndon B. Johnson and Robert McNamara....and our involvement began in 1945...http://www.historyplace.com/unitedst...nam/index.html. Johnson used the "attack" on the USS Maddox as an excuse to escalate our involvement and it was all down hill from there.

But, many militaries around the world would disagree with your assessment.
    Help me understand why we should care what the other "militaries around the world" would think about "your assessment"....and where does your Love Jones for the French come from, Franco? Jean Lafitte?

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

You made the statement the French Foreign Legion was the World Standard, what is your experience to make such a statement?

Also every foreign Special Operations force of the many I have worked with envy our units and warriors who make up the unit. Which miltary and which country disagree with my assessment? Just wondering obviously you have some info I don't.

But, many militaries around the world would disagree with your assessment.[/QUOTE]