The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Oil Refineries

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Guess I'm missing something - the REIT's we have tanked with the economic downturn - which made us buy more . Just what tax surprises could we expect? Other than - 0 income = 0 taxable, which raises the deficit
    I haven't gone anywhere near REITs for decades. However, I know a lot of investors who were surprised by non-deductible expenses (e.g. M&E costs related to marketing) and by taxes on properties that had been fully depreciated and then sold (especially an issue for people buying in late).

I recently read that the Arab countries are the biggest contributors to environmental organizations that lobby in Washington to prevent development in this country of our natural resources. Interesting???

And remember Clinton sold this country to China and now we have Gore who is out to make billions in the name of the environment. It's funny become a senator or congressman and you become a millionaire. They have exempted themselves from the health bill?? interesting??
    Gentle in what you do. Firm in how you do it.

CH SILVERCREEK MURRAY SAMUEL (MURRAY) WDQ CGC MH *** 2/16/00 - 12/26/12
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE (LARRY son of Murray) WDQ MH ***
    LPK DELAWARE RIVER WHISPERING COVE **(SAVAGE SAM son of FC Chester MH)
    WESTWIND WHISPERING COVE JAY ** ( Larry's son and Murray's grandson)

Quote Originally Posted by moscowitz View Post
    I recently read that the Arab countries are the biggest contributors to environmental organizations that lobby in Washington to prevent development in this country of our natural resources. Interesting???
    That is complete Bull Roar!!
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I haven't gone anywhere near REITs for decades. However, I know a lot of investors who were surprised by non-deductible expenses (e.g. M&E costs related to marketing) and by taxes on properties that had been fully depreciated and then sold (especially an issue for people buying in late).
    You might want to stay current - the Exchange listed REIT's don't operate that way & can be very lucrative income wise when the market is hot. I consider REIT's a necessary part of a well rounded portfolio. What you describe sounds like some drilling partnerships we were involved in a few decades back. Now, back to refineries!!! What's not to like about TSO & VLO?

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!