The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Iran & Nuclear Enrichment

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Nice liberal word smithing.

Iraq was a transgressor in a previous war with Kuwait. Iraq was not abiding by its signed agreements after the war ended. Iraq continued to violate the no fly zone and would not allow full inspections.
    We held them to the agreement.

"Liberalism, always having to say your sorry"
    I was there as part of Operation Southern Watch, patrolling the no-fly zone. We had not ONE incident of violation. Just gettin the facts straight.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by walt8@cox.net View Post
    I thought the higher casualty rate in Japan was not from racial hatred but the constructions of their homes. Wood and paper burn a lot better then stone and mortar.
    Maybe you guys wouldn't have dropped an A bomb on Germany, but my dad and his buddies would have. Since they were there, and you guys weren't, I think you are wrong.
    Walt
    Good point about the wood vs. concrete, but I'm not claiming the firebombing of Tokyo revolved around prejudice...just our reaction and rememberance of it relative to what happened in Dresden.

Unless your dad was FDR, Harry S. Truman or Henry Stimson then his opinion wouldn't have counted for much (nor would my grandfather's; who also would have let fly on the Huns). Japan, not Germany, was the intended target for the in-development A-bombs as far back as '43. That intention was reiterated in late '44 in a meeting between FDR and Churchill.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Nice liberal word smithing.

Iraq was a transgressor in a previous war with Kuwait. Iraq was not abiding by its signed agreements after the war ended. Iraq continued to violate the no fly zone and would not allow full inspections.
    We held them to the agreement.

"Liberalism, always having to say your sorry"
    I am still waiting to hear from code3retrievers on where he got his information that Iraq was violating the no fly zone in 2001 & 2002. The cat must have gotten his tongue. Can any of you righties help him out? RK, KG, HEW, Uncle Bill?
    Last edited by Roger Perry; 12-26-2009 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    I am still waiting to hear from code3retrievers on where he got his information that Iraq was violating the no fly zone in 2001 & 2002. The cat must have gotten his tongue. Can any of you righties help him out? RK, KG, HEW, Uncle Bill?
    For starters, Code3 didn't qualify his statement by limiting no fly zone violations to 2001 and 2002. You did.

Secondly, there were indeed numerous Iraqi violations of the no fly zone by Iraq in 2001 and 2002. In well over 100 instances between 2001 and 2002 Iraq tried to shoot down coalition aircraft that were enforcing the no fly zone.

Be careful what you ask for...
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

That's never stopped Roger before, HEW....sometimes it's fun to just watch his posts flap in the wind. I love when he edits them to solicit more responses..

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.