The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming - another perspective.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    There you go,,spoken like a true atheist

p
    Thanks! you actually get it!

but actually, i am not a "true" athiest, so be careful not to label me. i just have my own independent free thinking being a geologist and one who has put his hands on the history of the earth, and i just dont see that meshing with the old testament books. however, i have no issues with the ten commandments posted in a courthouse, i fully back the public display of mangers and christmas trees and all things so related - and i want prayer in public school and keep "In God We Trust" on our currency. i support all religions and their right to apostatize peacefully, but this country was founded on christian principles and i prefer it to remain so. i just ascribe to no one religion personally - yet i have spent several hundred thousands of dollars putting my kids through catholic school and defend their right to their own personal choice.

so put away the broad brush and dont judge - wwjd - right? its all in how we steer our own lives and treat our fellow man, thats all Jesus would care about at the end of the day. its all so very simple.
    Last edited by david gibson; 12-27-2009 at 10:52 PM.

Like I've said before, to accept global warming as put forth currently, is only slightly less foolish than to dismiss it!
    I can accept the data that there is a warming trend ... but have more difficulty accepting that the trend is a long-term indication, or just part of a cycle.

Also have difficulty accepting that we know the "why" for the present warming trend & that we can make significant impact by the remedies proposed. As you and I both mentioned, unless we include population considerations in the computations as well, we are dealing with incomplete data.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Thanks! you actually get it!

but actually, i am not a "true" athiest, so be careful not to label me. i just have my own independent free thinking being a geologist and one who has put his hands on the history of the earth, and i just dont see that meshing with the old testament books. however, i have no issues with the ten commandments posted in a courthouse, i fully back the public display of mangers and christmas trees and all things so related - and i want prayer in public school and keep "In God We Trust" on our currency. i support all religions and their right to apostatize peacefully, but this country was founded on christian principles and i prefer it to remain so. i just ascribe to no one religion personally - yet i have spent several hundred thousands of dollars putting my kids through catholic school and defend their right to their own personal choice.
    Good dont label me either,,,I am a scientific biblical research student and I too have seen the corruption in science as well as religious leaders,,,and sorry but I had a label for you a long time ago ,,,and dont see a need to throw them out. Just like a scientist I need my little catagories too. Oh and yes I understand where your comming from I grew up catholic and did the whole bit also and so did my wife,,,
    I'll tell you what I'll throw my label cabinate away for your records if throw mine away
    i am basically a conservative atheist
    thats where I got my paint brush from
    Happy New year

Pete
    Last edited by Pete; 12-28-2009 at 08:26 AM.

Good dont label me either,,,I am a scientific biblical research student and I too have seen the corruption in science as well as religious leaders,,,and sorry but I had a label for you a long time ago ,,,and dont see a need to throw them out. Just like a scientist I need my little catagories too. Oh and yes I understand where your comming from I grew up catholic and did the whole bit also and so did my wife,,,
    I'll tell you what I'll throw my label cabinate away for your records if throw mine away
    thats where I got my paint brush from
    Happy New year

Pete
    You lost me Pete... wanna try again? What's a cabinate?

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

You lost me Pete... wanna try again? What's a cabinate
    Dont you know anythang,,,

p

Dont you know anythang,,,

p
    Guess not. Is there a secret handshake too?

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Don't let JDog get you down, Pete....he needs Merriam-Webster too...

http://www.retrievertraining.net/for...t=48985&page=2

Glass houses regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Looking at data over just a 10 year period is statistically insignificant in the big picture. Also, ignoring data such as activity from under water volcanos or solar activity, or affect from water and water vapor makes any conclusions from just CO2 trash.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Britton View Post
    Looking at data over just a 10 year period is statistically insignificant in the big picture. Also, ignoring data such as activity from under water volcanos or solar activity, or affect from water and water vapor makes any conclusions from just CO2 trash.
    You're forgetting one VERY important force of nature here, Terry...the liberal left.....

What they SAY global warming is, and what global warming IS, is two VERY different things regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

New research finds that the airborne fraction of carbon dioxide has not increased either during the past 150 years or during the most recent five decades, contrary to some recent studies.

This finding was just published yesterday in a scientific journal.
    ScienceDaily (Dec. 31, 2009)
    Jack
    Last edited by junbe; 01-01-2010 at 09:57 AM.
    It was impossible, so it took a little longer to accomplish.