The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Jesse Ventura Conspiracy theory

Corey-

Where is your b-i-l, an Air Force retired colonel, prohibited from entering a military base?
    There are some areas of all bases (flight line or command post for example) that would not be generally open to retirees and there may be one or two complete bases that are closed (Sandia and Area 51 for example). I'm retired and I've been on a host of installations from all three services. I drive up, present my ID and am passed right through.

All that is too say that Jesse Ventura is a bumpkin. He may have been a Navy SEAL but he was discharged, not retired. He probably presented himself as from the media and the gate guards said, "No. Thank you." The people, active duty and retired and dependents, who do have business on bases are free to come and go. He didn't have any business and he didn't have any credentials.

Eric

That performance was less credible than when he was acting the part of a wrestler.

"Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Do you really think the explanation is that simple? Do you think people will kill themselves because they wake up one day and say, "gee, those people are free and are not muslim exteremists , (insert "unbelievers" instead) so I'm going to blow myself up."
    One day ?!? No, it comes from years/generations of developed attitudes & learned behavior that anything that anything associated with "the unbelievers" is against Allah & intrinsically evil. Their words, not mine. Go to the Koran online and do a search for "unbeliever". Read what they say should happen to us. If it was just them blowing themselves up, that would be one thing. But it's not and they're getting able to kill more unbelievers each time.
    Your explanation would assume that they therefore consider themselves Muslim extremists. You and I think they are. They probably don't. That makes your theory fall apart. We'll never eliminate terrorism in the world if we don't even study the problem in order to formulate a solution. Complex problems usually have complex roots. We can oversimplify to suit our arguments, but that won't help us solve the problem.
    Of course not you can negotiate with a terrorist, not a religious zealotry. They consider themselves instruments of Allah serving the one True Faith and the Prophet preparing for the Ma'adi. It doesn't really matter what you and I "think" as long as that is what they believe.
    ] O you who believe! fight those of the unbelievers who are near to you and let them find in you hardness; and know that Allah is with those who guard (against evil).
    [9.125] And as for those in whose hearts is a disease, it adds uncleanness to their uncleanness and they die while they are unbelievers.
    [9.68] Allah has promised the hypocritical men and the hypocritical women and the unbelievers the fire of hell to abide therein; it is enough for them; and Allah has cursed them and they shall have lasting punishment.

They want to kill us, destroy our family, country and way of life in favor of theirs. Imo, it's not much more complex than that. It's not like they want their own homeland. The unbeliever(s) must be chastised, we are cursed by Allah; kinda hard for me to find some common ground to establish a meaningful dialogue from that.

13.35] ...and the requital of the unbelievers is the fire.
    18.100] And We will bring forth hell, exposed to view, on that day before the unbelievers.
    Call that over simplified if you want.
    Do you think this stuff isn't what they're reading in the Muslim Koranic schools where Reid and this guy Abdulmutallab studied?
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791

Brian,
    You might want to read your quotes in context some day. The Koran is very specific about the duties of believers relative to unbelievers. Believers are not permitted to try to force conversions. Believers must honor agreements made. Believers must seek to live in peace.However, when believers are attacked because of their beliefs or there is an effort to force believers to reject their beliefs then they must fight. Extracting isolated words fro the Koran to try to prove that it is a religion of hate is no differen from my extracting the words of the Bible to prove that believers inthe Bible support slavery.

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Corey-

Where is your b-i-l, an Air Force retired colonel, prohibited from entering a military base?
    There are some areas of all bases (flight line or command post for example) that would not be generally open to retirees and there may be one or two complete bases that are closed (Sandia and Area 51 for example). I'm retired and I've been on a host of installations from all three services. I drive up, present my ID and am passed right through.

All that is too say that Jesse Ventura is a bumpkin. He may have been a Navy SEAL but he was discharged, not retired. He probably presented himself as from the media and the gate guards said, "No. Thank you." The people, active duty and retired and dependents, who do have business on bases are free to come and go. He didn't have any business and he didn't have any credentials.

Eric
    Let me clarify that. I know he (my BIL) has no problem getting into a regular base (he is still a member of the ARMY Navy golf course in Virginia), but the case in question with JV was a military/government research facility, not a standard military base. In fact there was no uniformed military anywhere to be seen on this facility. I would not think that just because you are a retired officer of ANY rank that you would be granted entry without reason. I would be most concerned if a former military person could just walk up to a secured research facility and just walk in. Having done my share of research (non military/government) I can tell you that NOBODY just walks into a research laboratory setting without prior approval. It just does not happen.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Banned

9/11 truthers crack me up. anyone who thinks that a conspiracy of that level of magnitude and evil could be carried out by Bush et.al. against his own country with not one single direct insider coming out with facts - and there would have to be a lot of co-conspirators - are just nuts. yeah, Bush had a bunch of known muslim extremists recruited to do his deeds, and he must have had direct contact with bin Laden the whole time. and oh yeah, the reason no one has spoken up is because the Bush goons have threatened them, showing the depth of their "system".

geez, just look at "lets roll" flight 93, we have a cell phone recording of what transpired there that directly parallels the Twin Towers and Pentagon incidents. suuuure, Bush had that faked too just to fool us. Makes Bush look a lot smarter than you guys ever gave him credit for, doesnt it?

oh and another thing, if you can prove any of 9/11 was an inside job, then i'll give you 72 virgins in real life....

9/11 truthers are the dumbest bunch i have ever seen....

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    .... if you can prove any of 9/11 was an inside job, then i'll give you 72 virgins in real life....
    As soon as you post the pictures of the 72 virgins that are yours to give...

Corey-

I agree with you. That was my point in mentioning Sandia...now just a secure portion of Kirkland AFB.

Eric

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Do you really think the explanation is that simple? Do you think people will kill themselves because they wake up one day and say, "gee, those people are free and are not muslim extremists, so I'm going to blow myself up."

Your explanation would assume that they therefore consider themselves Muslim extremists. You and I think they are. They probably don't. That makes your theory fall apart. We'll never eliminate terrorism in the world if we don't even study the problem in order to formulate a solution. Complex problems usually have complex roots. We can oversimplify to suit our arguments, but that won't help us solve the problem.

And what part of their JIHADIST rants do you not understand? When they SAY you are an imperialistic pig that must be killed, that to you is only a "complex problem"?

This isn't a situation where you are allowed your miranda rights...they have no concept of that 'right'.

Ever tried to 'discuss' or attempt to 'reason' with a grizzley about your wanting to 'understand' him better? So then you can resolve why it believes all you own is his, as well as all the land he travels over is his too.

Unlike you, when someone makes it their 'religion' to kill me, I have a hard time believing I stand a chance to 'reason' with them. It's sorta like you trying to convince me you are an independant, while praising the current administration and it's band of crooks and ignoramuses, and promoting the Democrat issues.

Your 'spots' won't change any more than the towelheads views of my right to life. Our difference lies in the fact I believe them, and take them at their word. You, like most libs, don't think they are serious in their proclamations, and believe you can 'reason' with them.

What's sad is how unprotected those around you are. You and other libs with your views, will continue to think we can make them understand our way of life, even after they have killed off those we love. God help your family if one of these perverts ever decide to make your home the object of their next 'message'.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

But according to the second book of the Koran "2.62":

Surely those who believe, and those who are Jews, and the Christians, and the Sabians, whoever believes in Allah and the Last day and does good, they shall have their reward from their Lord, and there is no fear for them, nor shall they grieve.
    Muslims don't believe that Christians or Jews are unbelievers. (The Sabians were residents of Sheba in present day Iraq). Allah was a name for God that preceded Islam in ancient Middle Eastern Christian communities.

Tom Friedman essentially explains the Muslim view on the Abrahamic religions: Judaism is God version 1.0, Christianity is God version 2.0, and Islam is God version 3.0
    Last edited by zeus3925; 12-30-2009 at 07:25 PM.
    Zeus

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!