The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: Jesse Ventura Conspiracy theory

C'mon dnf...surely you have something to add here....

Birds of a feather regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    C'mon dnf...surely you have something to add here....

Birds of a feather regards,

kg
    Nah, I'll take a pass. Making comparisons to Hitler is almost always in poor taste, and picking on Mr. Bush is, well, just too easy. Its not pc to make fun of the intellectually challenged.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    McVeigh stated he was agnostic. Agnostics are not Christians. Therefore, a Christian was not responsible for Oklahoma City as you stated.
    I don't think religion had anything at all to do with McVeigh's actions. While he did once say that "My religion is science.", McVeigh was born and raised as a practicing Catholic. He became inactive, but still professed to believe in God and a universe controlled by God. At his request, he was attended to by a Catholic priest before his execution. None of that sounds very agnostic.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    ....and picking on Mr. Bush is, well, just too easy....
    I understand why you and those who think like you do so....it helps keep the focus off of all that BHO and his administration are NOT accomplishing for the American people...you know, all of that "hope" and "change" rhetoric........smoke and mirrors....shuck and jive....

I just hope you and yours keep believing in and practicing that strategy....

kg

(check this out if you think that strategy is working: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...month_by_month )
    Last edited by K G; 01-02-2010 at 10:41 PM. Reason: additional info
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    You guys crack me up! McVeigh planned the attack to coincide with the Waco siege, in part to avenge his fellow Christians' demise at the hands of the government. Now, you say, that's ridiculous to point out McVeigh or Koresh to represent the feelings of Christians, and I couldn't agree more. So why are some so quick to condemn some 3 billion Muslims based on the actions of a few? You're doing exactly what you're attempting to make fun of me for doing! And I'm just doing it to prove a point...you guys really believe it!
    here's the difference:

there are many many many more times the number of muslim fanatics vying for their 72 virgins.

one lunatic mcveigh, thousands of suicide islamic lunatics.

BIG difference.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    None of that sounds very agnostic.
    Other than the letter he wrote to a newspaper just before his execution in which he claimed he was agnostic. As you said he did have a Catholic priest administer to him just before he was killed. Perhaps he was hedging his bets...isn't that what a good agnostic would do?

But I agree with you...religion had nothing to do with the OK City bombing.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    At his request, he was attended to by a Catholic priest before his execution. None of that sounds very agnostic.
    I remember reading in 'The Greatest Generation', one of the contributors stating that German 88s had brought more men to Christ than any priest ever could.....I'd think an EC might just have a similar effect.
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    I understand why you and those who think like you do so....it helps keep the focus off of all that BHO and his administration are NOT accomplishing for the American people...you know, all of that "hope" and "change" rhetoric........smoke and mirrors....shuck and jive....

I just hope you and yours keep believing in and practicing that strategy....

kg

(check this out if you think that strategy is working: http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ...month_by_month )

Once again we see the false assumptions of "you're either with us, or against us". Why do you assume that anyone who points out the mess Mr. Bush made of things in 8 years is an ardent Obama supporter??? I didn't vote for either, although I will admit, I would have voted for Barney if he was the only alternative to Bush! Why was I being goaded into commenting on a fanciful bunch of crap regarding reincarnation? I don't mind spirited debate, as I've said many times, but let others comment when they want. We don't need a director. And remember, to paraphrase your great fountain of wisdom, 'if human beings and fish can coexist peacefully....so can we!'
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post

BIG difference.
    Darn right there is. I don't disagree. But that doesn't make racism and ethnic discrimination ok. There are thousands of young black males committing crimes in our inner cities. I don't, and I doubt you, brand all african-americans as thugs. There are millions of Muslims that do not condone terrorism, but rather denounce it. I have no beef with them.
    For about the tenth time, I will say that I am only pointing out that to trivialize terrorism as people who just decided to hate America because we're free, is ignoring the issues, and likely missing a chance to fix it. The "kill 'em all, let God sort them out" attitude is juvenile and only serves to perpetuate religious wars....not end them.

Ignoring what issues? And, is it us that needs to fix something because they hate us?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.