The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fellow Travelers"

I believe Saddam Hussein was a fellow traveler of the Palestinians with his $25,000.00 payoffs for terrorism and bombings until we ended his reign and his free people hung him.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I know the source and meaning of the phrase well, and I also know where in our history it had its most vicious use. McCarthyism was one of the ugliest pieces of our national heritage. There are those who would like nothing better than to drag us back into that same mud again. In my personal opinion, such people represent the antithesis of all that has made America great.

Who are the "Christian radicals" you speak of Jeff? Not your opinion....cold, hard facts, please.

You hung it out there....you get to own it.

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

If we define fellow travelers as those who hate America's freedoms and do all they can to undermine them, then many conservative minds would consider the progressive caucus of the Democrat party to be Fellow Travelers
    A group following the teachings of a Marxist determined to undermine the roots of our constitution by pushing entitlements and control by the federal government of society that was never intended by the framers.
    One can only hope that Americans will squirm around in their chairs long enough to pop this festering pimple on our countries ass
    Last edited by Captain Mike D; 12-30-2009 at 09:05 PM.

If we define fellow travelers as those who hate America's freedoms and do all they can to undermine them, then Senator Joe McCarthy and his friends from HUAC would certainly head my list. Today, if I were to look for the comparable fellow travelers, I would look to our own version of Christian "Jihadists", those who seek some form of holy war against Islam.
    Have a Bad Day? Your comments make you come off as being just a little "Pink".

Senator McCarthy was a good friend of & admired by Joseph Kennedy, in fact I read somewhere that he was a frequent guest at the compound & companion to one of the Kennedy daughters. Teddy could have learned something from the Senator.

But Communism was a great problem within our government at the time, maybe it still is, so Senator McCarthy apparently did a national service in a time of need. But let's stick to facts, How many were falsely accused & how many were found to be more than "Fellow Travelers"?

& did not the good people of WI elect Senator McCarthy, so they would be the perpetrators.

Marvin S

Everyone's friend is No One's friend

Someday your life will flash before your eyes. It's your responsibility to make sure it's worth watching!

I expect Jeff honestly believes there is no difference between Radical Islam and a born again Christian.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I expect Jeff honestly believes there is no difference between Radical Islam and a born again Christian.
    Nice change of words there. You compare radicals to mainstream Christians. Why not compare radical Islamists to radical Christians? There are a few of them out there, ya know. They make the news now and then, just like radical Islamists, except they tend to strike here at home. Olympic Park, Altlanta? OK Fed bldg? I don't think anyone here has a problem with anyone practicing their religion anyway they want......so long as it doesn't involve flying planes into buildings or blowing up medical clinics or recreation facilities!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    I have zero problems with born again Christians and count a number among my friends. Those that I know define their religion in terms of an accepting love and respect for others and seem satisfied to leave judgment in God's hands. They have also been charitable in all aspects of their lives -- whether it be tithing no matter how much or little they had, or simply in giving of themselves to help others in need. I have no problem with anyone who builds their life around values of charity and compassion. But then I, like Muslims, and Jews and some Christians, believe that the measure of a person is how they live their life, not what they purport to believe.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    OK Fed bldg?
    Just curioius, but how does Timothy McVeigh's agnosticism relate to his crime? Or did you just assume he was Christian and just assume that Christianity had something to do with it? In either/both cases you'd be incorrect.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

About McCarthy or about Muslim and Christian radicals that think holy wars make sense?
    Your view on Christians. I would like you to name the Christian radicals?

You act as though there is a group of Christians out there hunting down and killing Muslims or others. If you have not noticed it is the other way around.

When I say group, don't give me a five member group. Give me a large organization that its goal is similar to the Radical Muslims. I know you will bring up some fringe group like the anti-abortionists but that is only a couple of idiots and not one major branch of Christianity sanctions these actions. The radical Muslims are well financed, well organized highly motivated and number in the hundreds of thousands.

Over time I am getting a better picture of your world views. It is obvious to me that you are intolerant of Christians.

The only radical Christians I have ever met are the ones that show up at my door asking if I know Jesus. Scary!

I guess its OK to be a bigot if you are on the left.
    Last edited by code3retrievers; 12-31-2009 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post

But Communism was a great problem within our government at the time, maybe it still is, so Senator McCarthy apparently did a national service in a time of need. But let's stick to facts, How many were falsely accused & how many were found to be more than "Fellow Travelers"?

Wow. That right there is scary. I can't believe that anyone really believes that McCarthy eventually did anything but harm what Americans stand for. He ended up being a power hungry tyrannt, which is definitely not what we stand for.
    Kathleen

"Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you're not, in fact, just surrounded by a**holes" -William Gibson