The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Fellow Travelers"

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Have a Bad Day? Your comments make you come off as being just a little "Pink".
    And comments like that come off as being just a little boorish and maybe even "McCarthyist".

Quote Originally Posted by Marvin S View Post
    Senator McCarthy was a good friend of & admired by Joseph Kennedy, in fact I read somewhere that he was a frequent guest at the compound & companion to one of the Kennedy daughters. Teddy could have learned something from the Senator.

But Communism was a great problem within our government at the time, maybe it still is, so Senator McCarthy apparently did a national service in a time of need. But let's stick to facts, How many were falsely accused & how many were found to be more than "Fellow Travelers"?

& did not the good people of WI elect Senator McCarthy, so they would be the perpetrators.
    It was actually Bobby Kennedy, not Teddy, who was most fascinated with McCarthy and Roy Cohn. I think it appealed to the bully streak in him -- a characteristic noted by many while Bobby served as Attorney General under his brother.

McCrthy was one of the early masters of the sound byte. He combined that with the mind of a bully and a complete disregard of any form of ethics to destroy the lives of hundreds of people to further his own career. He thrived on his ability to manipulate fear, scaring even Eisenhower who understood how fundamentally evil McCarthy was. What ultimately destroyed McCarthy was very simple -- television. Day after day for weeks, the American public got to watch him first hand in action. And they saw a man who, in the words of Joseph Welch (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAur_I077NA), truly had no sense of decency at all. McCarthy never recovered. But his spiritual heirs, who are now much more sophisticated in their manipulation of the media, are thriving and well with handsomely paid gigs in radio and TV.

Quote Originally Posted by wheelhorse View Post
    Wow. That right there is scary. I can't believe that anyone really believes that McCarthy eventually did anything but harm what Americans stand for. He ended up being a power hungry tyrannt, which is definitely not what we stand for.
    Thank God there are none of those around anymore!!

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Mr. Yardley said;

"McCrthy was one of the early masters of the sound byte. He combined that with the mind of a bully and a complete disregard of any form of ethics to destroy the lives of hundreds of people to further his own career. He thrived on his ability to manipulate fear, scaring even Eisenhower who understood how fundamentally evil McCarthy was. What ultimately destroyed McCarthy was very simple -- television. Day after day for weeks, the American public got to watch him first hand in action. And they saw a man who, in the words of Joseph Welch (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAur_I077NA), truly had no sense of decency at all. McCarthy never recovered. But his spiritual heirs, who are now much more sophisticated in their manipulation of the media, are thriving and well with handsomely paid gigs in radio and TV."

Some of these sound vaguely familiar.

Emanuel, Axelrod and President Obama (24/7 TV star).

Just sayin!!

rk
    Last edited by road kill; 12-31-2009 at 08:03 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Mr. Yardlet said;

"McCrthy was one of the early masters of the sound byte. He combined that with the mind of a bully and a complete disregard of any form of ethics to destroy the lives of hundreds of people to further his own career. He thrived on his ability to manipulate fear, scaring even Eisenhower who understood how fundamentally evil McCarthy was. What ultimately destroyed McCarthy was very simple -- television. Day after day for weeks, the American public got to watch him first hand in action. And they saw a man who, in the words of Joseph Welch (see http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAur_I077NA), truly had no sense of decency at all. McCarthy never recovered. But his spiritual heirs, who are now much more sophisticated in their manipulation of the media, are thriving and well with handsomely paid gigs in radio and TV."

Some of these sound vaguely familiar.

Emanuel, Axelrod and President Obama (24/7 TV star).

Just sayin!!

rk
    Do you have examples of people that have been publicly and personally attacked by Rahm or Obama to destroy their reputations and lives?

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Do you have examples of people that have been publicly and personally attacked by Rahm or Obama to destroy their reputations and lives?
    Puhlease.....

How about President Bush, on a daily basis, just for a start.

(please ask for more!)

rk
    Last edited by road kill; 12-31-2009 at 08:21 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by walt8@cox.net View Post
    Let's compare, it seem Christians are woefully lacking in any kind of military training. These simpletons who kill at abortion clinics in the name of god need some lessons in military tactics. Perhaps they could attend one of the many camps all over the world that train muslims to kill in the name of Allah.
    Walt
    My religion does not promote violence in the name of ANY God. No religion should run military camps, but history has shown just about all major religions have done so.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Your view on Christians. I would like you to name the Christian radicals?

You act as though there is a group of Christians out there hunting down and killing Muslims or others. If you have not noticed it is the other way around.

When I say group, don't give me a five member group. Give me a large organization that its goal is similar to the Radical Muslims. I know you will bring up some fringe group like the anti-abortionists but that is only a couple of idiots and not one major branch of Christianity sanctions these actions. The radical Muslims are well financed, well organized highly motivated and number in the hundreds of thousands.

Over time I am getting a better picture of your world views. It is obvious to me that you are intolerant of Christians.

The only radical Christians I have ever met are the ones that show up at my door asking if I know Jesus. Scary!

I guess its OK to be a bigot if you are on the left.
    Good luck with that, code3....now he's been asked twice and STILL no answer.........typical OTA comments from Jeff.....

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Here and now. In the moment. Today.

Give me a break Dave, bringing up the crusades again? Why just yesterday at my bible study we were talking about running off to Nevada to join the "Crusades for Christ-kill em all let God sort them out"- group. What a joke. Still waiting for the example of the radical extreme christain groups running around blowing up Air Arab planes, burning down mosques and such things that are happening in our life time-right now. I don't discount history, I respect it. Not use it as some lame brain argument to justify why Islamic extremists hate us. Pretty darn sure not a single one of the terrorist loony tunes was personally beat up by any crusaders. There are fringe elements in any religion, that use their 'belief' as a reason to do EVIL deeds. The biggest problem with Islam is that the fringe loonies are running the show. Period.

Right now I'm dealing with a 25 year old Pakistani Muslim man stalking my 20 year old daughter. He is a frickin fruit cake and what an experience his 'beliefs' have been for us. While you may think that "trying to reason with people on this list" is like dealing with the islamic extremists-you don't have to worry about one of 'right wingers' on here blowing up your house.

I think we should allow middle eastern folks to come and go freely back and forth to the US A few little restrictions would keep us totally safe and we can learn alot in the mean time

First strip down every middle eastern person,and stack them up on top of each other necked at the back of the plane. Inject a GPS chip up their ass as a prerequisit.
    Have an US air marshall keep a gun pointed at them at all times,,, and no one moves not even to use the bathroom.

I think this will make the friendly skys a safe place to be.

radical christian terrorist reguards

Pete

Quote Originally Posted by code3retrievers View Post
    Your view on Christians. I would like you to name the Christian radicals?

You act as though there is a group of Christians out there hunting down and killing Muslims or others. It's called the war in Iraq and Afghanistan.If you have not noticed it is the other way around.

When I say group, don't give me a five member group. Give me a large organization that its goal is similar to the Radical Muslims. I know you will bring up some fringe group like the anti-abortionists but that is only a couple of idiots and not one major branch of Christianity sanctions these actions. The radical Muslims are well financed, well organized highly motivated and number in the hundreds of thousands. I'll call BS on this last statement

Over time I am getting a better picture of your world views. It is obvious to me that you are intolerant of Christians.

The only radical Christians I have ever met are the ones that show up at my door asking if I know Jesus. Scary!

I guess its OK to be a bigot if you are on the left.
    Have you looked in the mirror lately?
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift