The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 19 of 19

Thread: These Guys are in Charge???

  1. #11
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Roger-

    I don't understand your point. The GOP have blocked the guy's appointment because he's broken the law regarding privacy. Are you saying that he should be rewarded for violating the privacy of an individual?

    Eric
    DeMint held up the nomination because he consider Southers to be too friendly towards unions, not because of the 20 year old incident concerning accessing criminal records for the man living with his ex-wife and his children.

    DeMint said President Obama "is more focused on coming through with a campaign promise to unions rather than keeping transportation security focused on the real security of American passengers."

  2. #12
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wetumpka, AL
    Posts
    2,863

    Default

    I'll stand corrected though the preliminay story I saw had the breach of individual privacy as being an issue. For that matter, the guy did use bad judgement and government facilities to essentially spy on a private citizen.

    However, bad judgement doesn't seem to disqualify people from high position in the Obama administration.

    Eric

  3. #13
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    I'm soooo fed up with that obvious LIE! I will hound you to your death to tell me ONE time the Patriot act even involved you, let alone how it "invaded YOUR God given freedoms". You are becoming as big a phoney as the other 'ilk' you side with

    You LIE about wanting everyone to believe you are an 'independant', when you are more socialistic than most liberals on board. You are as phoney a military partizan as Kerry and Murtha. So please stop feeding us that bilge of how patriotic you are. As far as I'm concerned, you don't measure up to any real American Veteran.

    You and those that think like you will bring down this once great nation. You have played into the hands of every Communist manifesto ever written, and you don't even realize what you have done. You may have the education of a Doctor, but as an American, you have flunked out.

    What makes my blood boil is how you and the other Obamaites have taken the rest of us down with you. I feel sorry for all your grandkids. They will be as brainwashed as you, so they won't ever know what this nation was at one time. You gotta be proud!

    UB
    I've served my fellow man through military service to our country, and by entering the healing profession. I do not want nor expect any thanks or understanding from you. I will ignore the above highlighted insults and personal attacks, and ascribe them to early dementia and frontal lobe release syndrome....or a total wacko who is undeserving of a reply. And FYI, you have a very defective lie detector; given your total lack of awareness of current and recent events, and your allegiances to an administration that gives new meaning to the word "lie". I will not spoon feed you information. Given where your head is, it wouldn't reach your mouth anyway.

    Sorry to stoop to your level, but you hit below the belt with your insults, that won't go unanswered in kind.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  4. #14
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I've served my fellow man through military service to our country, and by entering the healing profession. I do not want nor expect any thanks or understanding from you. I will ignore the above highlighted insults and personal attacks, and ascribe them to early dementia and frontal lobe release syndrome....or a total wacko who is undeserving of a reply. And FYI, you have a very defective lie detector; given your total lack of awareness of current and recent events, and your allegiances to an administration that gives new meaning to the word "lie". I will not spoon feed you information. Given where your head is, it wouldn't reach your mouth anyway.

    Sorry to stoop to your level, but you hit below the belt with your insults, that won't go unanswered in kind.
    Better place my posts on 'ignore' then, because if you think you can make a call like you did without being taken to task, nice try. Between you and Roger, I'm fed up with your LIES about how badly YOU have been treated by the Bush administration.

    But then, accusation and zero proof make up what you two are all about.

    And the answer to my question is?????? I know,...you don't have one, so you obfuscate and avoid.

    Oddly enough, I don't have a problem with even the current corrupt administration continuing their phone monitoring of possible terrorists. They can monitor my calls all day...couldn't care less. What are you hiding, that it is such anathema to YOU personally? I doubt it's anything...it's just your form of whining about anything you can to find fault with Bush...sort of an ACLU wannabe.

    The time will come, DNF, when the real Americans will realize how hoodwinked they were and how they've been had by this current batch of socialists in power, and they will be ashamed for acting like a bunch of sheep. Unfortunately, I don't see you as part of that group.

    You and the rest of the lefties on this board are willing to watch this nation's freedoms erode, so you can benefit. The something for nothing crowd will soon be in full charge. Obama's hope and change will have come to fruition. I know you'll be proud, but will the messiah know how big a role you played in his oligarchy?

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  5. #15
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    Better place my posts on 'ignore' then, because if you think you can make a call like you did without being taken to task, nice try.
    I can ignore them without the help of the server. And actually, I find them somewhat amusing, just like the grumpy old men in line at the grocery store that carp about everything. I do find the venomous attacks on my allegiance to country, my military service, or your experessed concern for my posterity annoying, I have thick enough skin to just let it roll off my back. They don't bother me, but they do reflect very poorly on you, so you may want to take a deep breath before unleashing your angst on the keyboard. You might also want to visit your VFW and see how veterans respect and treat one another. Even those who differ politically.

    Try to have a nice day, and remember, there's lots of democrats in uniform, as well as republicans, protecting your freedoms as we speak.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  6. #16
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wetumpka, AL
    Posts
    2,863

    Default

    Ooops. I apologized too soon. The hold-up is largely due to the fact that he lied to the Congressional committee in November. He corrected himself a day or two later but, while under oath, did misstate the facts.

    Eric

  7. #17
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Tulsa
    Posts
    683

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    We did. November '06 and November '08. Unfortunately, we now have a continuation of Bush's failed policies. Endless wars, uncontrolled spending, and expansion of government into private lives. Although to date, Obama has not invaded our God given freedoms as much as Bush-Cheney's Patriot act. I'm afraid with time, he will.
    They are all the same bunch coming from Yale, Harvard, and so forth. The guy that Bush ran against in 2004 was his Frat brother.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

    Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

  8. #18
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Terry Britton View Post
    They are all the same bunch coming from Yale, Harvard, and so forth. The guy that Bush ran against in 2004 was his Frat brother.
    Isn't that the sad truth. Both were members of the Skull&Bones Society too, weren't they?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  9. #19
    Senior Member Gerry Clinchy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    6,726

    Default

    Fed judge just threw out the indictment against the Blackwater fellows regarding the shooting incident in Iraq. The reason: gross violation of civil rights of the defendants, and other prejudicial acts on the part of the prosecution.

    It wasn't clear whether the original investigators were from the old administration, but the new administration did have an opportunity to stop the circus themselves.

    Seems to me that whether Constitutional rights are honored or not primarily depends on how politically convenient it is for those in control of the situation.Regardless of one's voting preference, it also seems clear that nothing much changes in DC.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

    ​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •