The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Global Warming - another perspective.

Default Global Warming - another perspective.

Greg W.

Brooks Black Gold At Briarwood JH (Louie)
    Brandywine's Belle on Wheels JH (Belle)
    Serengetti Sadie O'Brandywine SH -MH passes (Sadie)
    CH Brandywine's Westdale Duggan MH (Duggan)
    CH Alpenglo's Jasmine O'Brooks JH CD (Jasmine)
    Brandywine's Flagship SH (Brandy)

That's great. But there is no funding without a crisis.
    Kelly, Weis, Willingham, & Davies

Banned

that is a great dose of reality. thanks!!

i am convinced that the main reason there is so much debate about global warming is that the average - even above average - person has no concept of geologic time. we all know and see how south america and africa "fit" like puzzle pieces, and geology proves this beyond a shadow of a doubt. the same principles apply al...l over the globe, its all fact and fully proven.
    as geologists we know that south america and africa are separating at the rate of about 2 inches per year. do the math, since the time of the birth of Christ the two continents have separated about the length of a football field. think about it! and go back the thousands of miles it takes to put them back together to the former super-continent called Pangea, and realize that it too was formed by other plates combining from the former original super continent Gondwanaland.

think about it.

the earth is in perpetual change. GLOBAL WARMING is a FACT to have been occurring repeatedly across geologic history. proving that man is causing it in the last 100 yrs and that we can reverse it in the next 100 yrs is not even worthy of the word "absurd
    the vast majority of scientists that believe in man caused global warming are in academia. to jump on this bandwagon means grant money to further research and KEEP THEIR JOB. "publish or perish" is the realm of academia.

ok, i am done, just wanted to inject a dose of reality here.

Merry Christmas! Happy Hannukka!! good Kwanza!! or even Pleasant Festivus for the Rest of Us!

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    the earth is in perpetual change. GLOBAL WARMING is a FACT to have been occurring repeatedly across geologic history. proving that man is causing it in the last 100 yrs and that we can reverse it in the next 100 yrs is not even worthy of the word "absurd
    !
    I agree. In geologic times, trying to show man has affected the global climate over 100 years or so is just as ridiculous, if not MORE, than trying to prove in astronomical scale, something as equally absurd that the earth is round and revolved around the sun!! What'll they come up with next...little tiny organisms too small to see that make big strong man sick?? What a bunch of crazy goons!

Helios regards
    dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I agree. In geologic times, trying to show man has affected the global climate over 100 years or so is just as ridiculous, if not MORE, than trying to prove in astronomical scale, something as equally absurd that the earth is round and revolved around the sun!! What'll they come up with next...little tiny organisms too small to see that make big strong man sick?? What a bunch of crazy goons!

Helios regards
    dave
    Not really fair comparisons, Dave.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry Clinchy View Post
    Not really fair comparisons, Dave.
    Sure, why not? The overwhelming majority of credible scientists of the time put forth a theory, which much like many large-scale theories of the natural world including global climate change, are not amenable to simple laboratory proofs, and the non-believers took advantage of this fact to discredit and persecute the scientists. Only a handful of astronauts and a few rich people who flew the concord actually SAW the curvature of the earth. The rest of us mere earthlings accept the scientific theories. Well, I'm not sure some do, but most of us, anyway. There are many more questions than answers. God has given us the ultimate textbook to study.....the natural world. The books man has written pale in comparison to God's world. While some study books, enlightened men and women study the world and skies for answers. Like I've said before, to accept global warming as put forth currently, is only slightly less foolish than to dismiss it!

Here's to 2010,
    dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

In Dave’s world you must see it to believe it, and must believe the world is flat if you don’t believe there is enough proof that man has caused global warming.

He dismissed some scientific proofs i.e. the world is round to try and prove his left wing radical idealistic theory
    Last edited by subroc; 12-27-2009 at 06:37 PM.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Sure, why not? The overwhelming majority of credible scientists of the time put forth a theory, which much like many large-scale theories of the natural world including global climate change, are not amenable to simple laboratory proofs, and the non-believers took advantage of this fact to discredit and persecute the scientists. Only a handful of astronauts and a few rich people who flew the concord actually SAW the curvature of the earth. The rest of us mere earthlings accept the scientific theories. Well, I'm not sure some do, but most of us, anyway. There are many more questions than answers. God has given us the ultimate textbook to study.....the natural world. The books man has written pale in comparison to God's world. While some study books, enlightened men and women study the world and skies for answers. Like I've said before, to accept global warming as put forth currently, is only slightly less foolish than to dismiss it!
    The men and woman of biblical times didnt need science to know the earth was round,, or that it hangeth on nothing and that continental drift was alive and real

They new the names of the stars and what was written therin,,,,they new nature much better than we do and probably had forgotten more about the natural world than we could ever know,,

astromers are still wondering why the sky is so mathmatically exact,,, well

Modern Science with all its fancy findings and fancy gadgets is as usual a step behind the times

Pete

Banned

well, i take all the biblical/religious aspects out of it. i am basically a conservative atheist - as a geologist i see the world from a staunch scientific viewpoint. i respect all religions and despise them all as mutually and self destructive at the same time.

science is science, period. you cannot inject any level of any religion into it to try to justify any said religion. science is science, religion is religion, ne'er the twain shall meet.

and i still say global warming as put forth by algore and his minions is ludicrous.

science is science, period. you cannot inject any level of any religion into it to try to justify any said religion. science is science, religion is religion, ne'er the twain shall meet.
    There you go,,spoken like a true atheist

p