The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Global warming - a big, healthy dose of reality here:

Quote Originally Posted by brandywinelabs View Post
    No warming, no ice age, just normal cycling.
    Which is what I believe. Yes we should try to do our part to keep polution down and conserve. But with realistic, common sense approach without all of the hype.
    I agree...

Decisions made in haste are rarely good decisions. Let's not jump to conclusions (that will hurt us all) based on science with an agenda.

Quote Originally Posted by ducknwork View Post
    I agree...

Decisions made in haste are rarely good decisions. Let's not jump to conclusions (that will hurt us all) based on science with an agenda.
    I'm not sure how you define a decision made in haste. From both a scientific and legislative perspective, the issues related to global climate change have benn on the table with little substantive change for 10-20 years. It has been more than 12 years since the Kyoto Protocol was adopted. Maybe the definition of a decision made in haste is any decision made before it is too late. A parallel definition would be that any vote taken that I might lose is one made "in haste." If my side can win, the vote was obviously taken at the exact correct moment.

I agree...

Decisions made in haste are rarely good decisions. Let's not jump to war (that will hurt us all) based on intelligence with an agenda.
    Fixed it for ya. And I couldn't agree more!!

donning asbestos regards,
    dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post

2) No, and I'll give you credit for trying to equate believing in science to religion.

I should have realized a Minnesota Democrat that didn't find any thing wrong about voting for Al Frankin, wouldn't have the smarts to see the indulgances analogy to Algores carbon credit scam.

But then, I may be reading this wrong, and you are in this program so you can sell your credits to to the power company. Of course the power company will still be polluting as much as before, but now YOU will be gaining $$$, and they will be into a feel good attitude.

I doubt I can make you understand the folly of this hoax any more than I can explain how your Al Frankin vote was as un-American as anything you ever did in your life. Hope he makes you proud.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I don't have the answers, but if we are to accept that this is a natural cycle, we would have to also accept it is the most drastic natural swing in history. That's a little bigger leap than I'm willing to make, so I'm waiting for more info, as it continues to snow here.

I am doing all I can I emptied 6 cans of hair spray shot a case of freon cans with a 22 and it still a 10 year record low
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Fixed it for ya. And I couldn't agree more!!

donning asbestos regards,
    dave
    I knew that was coming!

Are you filling in for Roger today?

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I'm not sure how you define a decision made in haste. From both a scientific and legislative perspective, the issues related to global climate change have benn on the table with little substantive change for 10-20 years. It has been more than 12 years since the Kyoto Protocol was adopted. Maybe the definition of a decision made in haste is any decision made before it is too late. A parallel definition would be that any vote taken that I might lose is one made "in haste." If my side can win, the vote was obviously taken at the exact correct moment.
    Yes, because cap and trade and all of the ill effects that it will bring on us financially is soooo well thought out... That's a great way to bring the economy back. Raise taxes...

Yes, because cap and trade and all of the ill effects that it will bring on us financially is soooo well thought out... That's a great way to bring the economy back. Raise taxes...
    I have no issue with your disagreement with cap and trade (which I suspect has zero chance of passage anyway). I simply find it interesting when it is criticized as a decision being made in haste. Cap and trade has been on the table as a proposal for many years. It was rejected by the prior administration and supported by the current one. From an economic perspective, it is actually one of the more rational possibilities since it assigns a cost to pollution and then lets market forces determine how much pollution will continue because it is worth paying the cost. What is irrational is our current approach which assigns a zero cost to pollution.

Do you seriously believe that there is no negative effect to pollution of the air? If there is a negative effect, why should it not be incorporated into the price? Why should those causing the pollution through their consumption and production decisions (including me) be getting a free ride at the expense of those who prefer our air in a more natural form? As an asthmatic, I can honestly say that pollution from car exhausts costs me between $1-5000 per year. That is an air pollution tax that I pay. Why shouldn't some or all of that cost be included in the cost of pollutants?

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

Ok so global warming is killing the polar bears by melting the ice caps and at the same time Florida had record manatee deaths due to cold water..... So do we save the polar bears with cap and trade at the expence of the manatees? Making it cooler for the polar bears also means cooler for us down here and thus more manatee deaths. I am pretty sure there are fewer manatees than polar bears.
    I know dnf will like this "redneck" comment, but we have had 6 days in a row with temps in the 30's here in S Florida. This has NEVER happened in my 45 years AND the weatherman said this morning that conditions MAY be right for SLEET on Saturday. Freaking SLEET in S.W. Florida!
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Ok so global warming is killing the polar bears by melting the ice caps and at the same time Florida had record manatee deaths due to cold water..... So do we save the polar bears with cap and trade at the expence of the manatees? Making it cooler for the polar bears also means cooler for us down here and thus more manatee deaths. I am pretty sure there are fewer manatees than polar bears.
    I know dnf will like this "redneck" comment, but we have had 6 days in a row with temps in the 30's here in S Florida. This has NEVER happened in my 45 years AND the weatherman said this morning that conditions MAY be right for SLEET on Saturday. Freaking SLEET in S.W. Florida!

You are so stupid, you are getting all that cold weather and sleet because we are warming

BTW record cold temps here just not in recorded history
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan