The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Son of ex-KKK grand wizard renews effort to join Palm Beach County GOP

Banned

Default Son of ex-KKK grand wizard renews effort to join Palm Beach County GOP

« Follow Crist’s money

Son of ex-KKK grand wizard renews effort to join Palm Beach County GOP

by George Bennett | January 4th, 2010 Dinerstein, Black at December 2008 GOP meeting. Will they square off next in court?

The son of a former Ku Klux Klan grand wizard is renewing his effort to be seated on the Palm Beach County Republican Executive Committee.
    Derek Black, now 20, won a 2008 election to one of 111 executive committee seats.

http://www.postonpolitics.com/2010/0...ch-county-gop/

He should be judged on his own beliefs and actions, not his father's. My grandfather on ,my father's side was the town drunk and a leader in the local chapter of the KKK. My father became active in the civil rights movement as a freshman in college and was active in the campaigns of a number of liberal/moderate Democrat campaigns, as well as the civil rights movement, throughout his life. Each person gets to choose what side of the road they wish to walk. From the story, however, it sounds like more may be involved than the father's politics.

I see your dufess story and raise him with Robert KKK Byrd. We can play name the racist all freakin day.
    "Communism only works in Heaven, where they don't need it, and in Hell, where they already have it" Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Amrein View Post
    I see your dufess story and raise him with Robert KKK Byrd. We can play name the racist all freakin day.
    I'm not sure that I know why RP posted this story. However, I see nothing in it suggesting that the Republican Party is in any way racist or even that the person elected is racist (He may be, but I don't see it in the story.). There is no question that Robert Byrd was a bigot for a good (or bad) part of his life just as was LBJ and many others -- both Dems and Reps. I find it more interesting tht many, if not most of these one-time bigots managed to grow past their bigotry.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I'm not sure that I know why RP posted this story. However, I see nothing in it suggesting that the Republican Party is in any way racist or even that the person elected is racist (He may be, but I don't see it in the story.). There is no question that Robert Byrd was a bigot for a good (or bad) part of his life just as was LBJ and many others -- both Dems and Reps. I find it more interesting tht many, if not most of these one-time bigots managed to grow past their bigotry.
    Well come on we know Bush is
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    As much as I hated Bush as President, I believe he may have been one of the least racist (if not the least racist) President in our nation's history. Credit where credit due....

Banned

Just a local story nothing more.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Sounds like you have a man crush on Bush.

Jeff, Roger, Dave- why do you even bother?

it would be fun to watch them start feeding on each other, don't you think?-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Sounds like you have a man crush on Bush.
    Careful there Roger. You know how easy it is to cross the line

JD
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift