The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: Universe 13.7 Billion Years Old "Happy B'Day"

  1. #1
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,516

    Default Universe 13.7 Billion Years Old "Happy B'Day"

    Flippen' through that Comcast sight I found this gem.

    Hubble is well worth the investment!

    http://www.comcast.net/articles/news....Hubble.Photo/
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

  2. #2
    Senior Member subroc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dover, New Hampshire
    Posts
    2,112

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    ...Hubble is well worth the investment!

    I believe it is as well.
    subroc

    Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

  3. #3
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Only godless liberals would think the world was older than 6000 years! All those fake fossils and rock strata prove it!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  4. #4
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    All obviously a hoax based on unproven theories of expansion. Everything was created simultaneously at different distances from the earth. The false notion of age stems solely from the mistaken belief that all the galaxies originally started in the same place. That place was God's hand and he only needed one day to put everything in its proper place where it remains today. This would all be clear if you only opened your hearts to the truth.

    In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

    And that was before he even got warmed up on the first day.... On the fourth day, "He also made the stars."
    Last edited by YardleyLabs; 01-05-2010 at 07:52 PM.

  5. #5
    Member brent mccoy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Churubusco, IN
    Posts
    48

    Default

    Very well said Jeff.

  6. #6
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,516

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post

    I believe it is as well.
    The new James Webb telescope costing 4.5 billion dollars and launching in 4 years will be able to take us to the beginning of time!
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

  7. #7
    Senior Member K G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    southeast us
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Only godless liberals would think the world was older than 6000 years! All those fake fossils and rock strata prove it!
    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    All obviously a hoax based on unproven theories of expansion. Everything was created simultaneously at different distances from the earth. The false notion of age stems solely from the mistaken belief that all the galaxies originally started in the same place. That place was God's hand and he only needed one day to put everything in its proper place where it remains today. This would all be clear if you only opened your hearts to the truth.

    In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth.

    And that was before he even got warmed up on the first day.... On the fourth day, "He also made the stars."
    Interesting...we can always count on you two to take the anti-creation/anti-
    God tack WHENEVER there is an opportunity...thanks for being so predictable.

    Good job staying on task, Franco.

    kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

  8. #8
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Interesting...we can always count on you two to take the anti-creation/anti-
    God tack WHENEVER there is an opportunity...thanks for being so predictable.

    Good job staying on task, Franco.

    kg
    So predictable of you to think that ONLY YOUR religious views are valid. That God could not have made the heavens and earth in ways that those blinded by men in robes (or designer suits and Rolexes) cannot or will not possibly see. As Wilhelm Humboldt said, "I do not need men or books to teach me, the earth is my textbook."

    Nothing about astronomy or biology or geology is "anti-creation/anti-God". Only in your narrowly defined interpretation is it. Darwin, Descartes, Humboldt, were ALL Christians. It was only when their work threatened the power structure of the church were they threatened or ridiculed. This has been a constant, recurring theme throughout the history of reason versus religion.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  9. #9
    Senior Member K G's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    southeast us
    Posts
    5,354

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    So predictable of you to think that ONLY YOUR religious views are valid. That God could not have made the heavens and earth in ways that those blinded by men in robes (or designer suits and Rolexes) cannot or will not possibly see. As Wilhelm Humboldt said, "I do not need men or books to teach me, the earth is my textbook."

    Nothing about astronomy or biology or geology is "anti-creation/anti-God". Only in your narrowly defined interpretation is it. Darwin, Descartes, Humboldt, were ALL Christians. It was only when their work threatened the power structure of the church were they threatened or ridiculed. This has been a constant, recurring theme throughout the history of reason versus religion.

    dnf, your fear is showing....

    You know NOTHING of my beliefs, and I sure haven't posted them on this thread. Weren't you the one crying on another thread about being pigeonholed about what you believe, yet you can slam what you think I believe, all because I took you to task on your predictability? We can add "thin-skinned" to your resume'...

    Nothing you say threatens me, on this topic or on any other. I'm secure about my position in life....I suggest you focus on cleaning up your own front porch before you condemn mine. As for your comment on "reason vs. religion," why do you think there has to be a battle? Usually when one is unsure of their "facts" they want to fight...looks like what you're doing here, frankly.

    I'll leave you with a couple of interesting links, although I think you need to be a little more free-thinking and approachable to grasp them.

    http://www.halos.com/

    http://www.everystudent.com/features...FRJinAodZjFUJA

    Disclaimer: I am NOT trying to convert you or anyone else...you make your own decisions in this life as do we all. Your lashing out is offensive, but I'm sure that's how you deal with your fear. That's YOUR problem and YOUR problem alone. If you're good with that, good for you. I'm not surprised on whit.

    kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

  10. #10
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    dnf, your fear is showing....
    No fear. Just good discussion.

    You know NOTHING of my beliefs, and I sure haven't posted them on this thread. Weren't you the one crying on another thread about being pigeonholed about what you believe, yet you can slam what you think I believe, all because I took you to task on your predictability? We can add "thin-skinned" to your resume'...
    Don't know where your "thin-skinned" accusation comes from, other than throwing everything against the wall, and see if any of it sticks. It hasn't.
    I don't claim to know what you believe. I commented on the narrow beliefs (whatever they may be) that do not allow for other's beliefs, such as scientific explanation. As for being predictable, I would hope you figured out that I'm a creature of reason and analysis rather than blind faith by now!


    Nothing you say threatens me, on this topic or on any other. I'm secure about my position in life....I suggest you focus on cleaning up your own front porch before you condemn mine. As for your comment on "reason vs. religion," why do you think there has to be a battle? That's MY point exactly. I don't think there is. I believe in God, and I believe he created this incredible world I'm trying to understand through observation, not the Bible. The Bible (in my opinion) is good for spriritual guidance, not scientific discovery and star gazing. The Bible deals with whats inside of us, science deals with what in the world, outside of us.Usually when one is unsure of their "facts" they want to fight...looks like what you're doing here, frankly. Quite the opposite. Some are just looking for fights so badly, they see them everywhere, when in fact there is often agreement.

    I'll leave you with a couple of interesting links, although I think you need to be a little more free-thinking and approachable to grasp them.

    http://www.halos.com/

    http://www.everystudent.com/features...FRJinAodZjFUJA

    Disclaimer: I am NOT trying to convert you or anyone else...you make your own decisions in this life as do we all. Your lashing out is offensive, but I'm sure that's how you deal with your fear. That's YOUR problem and YOUR problem alone. If you're good with that, good for you. I'm not surprised on whit.
    Again, no idea where your fear references come from. It ain't stickin'! I don't see you as trying to convert me or anyone else here. Just see you looking to scrap over this, which is fine...like I've said many times, I enjoy a spirited debate as much as the next guy.

    kg
    Franco lobbed a meatball, I just took a swing. If I were scared, I wouldn't even come here. I'm more afraid of the 3+ feet of snow and whats piling up on my porch. Poor pup can't keep his head above the snow w/o hopping like a gazelle.
    Last edited by dnf777; 01-05-2010 at 09:55 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •