The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Universe 13.7 Billion Years Old "Happy B'Day"

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Franco lobbed a meatball, I just took a swing.
    It is only a meatball if you are looking for any opportunity to bring anti religion rhetoric and sarcasm into any discussion in a malicious way. It just illustrates you have malice in your heart.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    The new James Webb telescope costing 4.5 billion dollars and launching in 4 years will be able to take us to the beginning of time!
    One has to wonder if it will, and what the begining of time really means.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    It is only a meatball if you are looking for any opportunity to bring anti religion rhetoric and sarcasm into any discussion in a malicious way. It just illustrates you have malice in your heart.
    Please pray for me then. I'm praying for you.
    I'm praying for thicker skin for you, if you think some mild little sarcasm in response to a little sarcasm is "malice"!

Sugar and spice and everything nice regards....
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Since when are posts on POTUS intended for any purpose other than to make a point about something known to stimulate controversy?

A sampling of threads that you have started recently (not to suggest my own similar list would be less provocative), each bringing anti-liberal rhetoric in a malicious way and designed to stimulate more of the same:

1. end of global warming causing serious problems
    2. o-bow-ma
    3. obama and the enemy camp
    4. Vice President Dick Cheney A great American
    5. It appears the bloom is off the rose...
    6. Is Global Warming Over?
    7. approval rating
    8. Bob Dylan
    9. example of media bias at the NY Times
    10. Who Caused The Housing Bubble - A Report
    11. global warming

Dave, no need to pray for me...really, I am not a religious man.

I expect this post was intended to be a discussion of the Hubble telescope. That was my intent in my response. Your off topic, uninvited attack on those who practice religion is malicious.

BTW, I believe, as far as the space program goes, the telescope programs probably give us the most bang for the buck.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]

The intent of this thread is about the news story itself.

Since the launch of Hubble, man has learned more facts about earth's and the universe's origins than all the time preceeding Hubble's launch.

After googling James Webb telescope, that investment will teach us even more about the universe as it peeps even deeper into our past.

I think we live in very exciting times and would hope that most would look at these new discoveries with an open mind.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Dave, no need to pray for me...really, I am not a religious man.

I expect this post was intended to be a discussion of the Hubble telescope. That was my intent in my response. Your off topic, uninvited attack on those who practice religion is malicious.

BTW, I believe, as far as the space program goes, the telescope programs probably give us the most bang for the buck.
    I believe Franco if he says he posted the story at face value. I have no reason to doubt him. However, afte being attacked and called a godless liberal, and people feeling "sorry for my kids" etc....I felt just fine pointing out the controversy involved. After all, this is POTUS, not the astronomy room, right? Don't be so surprised if politics enters a discussion here! If you check the old threads on earth ages, you'll see any non-conservative Christians took a real thumping when suggesting the earth is 6 billion years old. Or is it five? Who's counting candles anymore.

BTW, I'm not really praying for you. I save my prayers for when I'm really in deep dung, like all fair weather Catholics!

Have a good one,
    dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

The intent of this thread is about the news story itself.

Since the launch of Hubble, man has learned more facts about earth's and the universe's origins than all the time preceeding Hubble's launch.

After googling James Webb telescope, that investment will teach us even more about the universe as it peeps even deeper into our past.

I think we live in very exciting times and would hope that most would look at these new discoveries with an open mind.
    Franco, all political jabs aside, I find that article fascinating. I'm not sure what the practical application of much of theoretical astrophysics is, but it is fascinating and mind-boggling, nonetheless. For a really fun time, all you need is a starry night, a cheap telescope, a 12-pak and several cans of beenie-weenies. It's a humbling experience.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I believe Franco if he says he posted the story at face value. I have no reason to doubt him. However, afte being attacked and called a godless liberal, and people feeling "sorry for my kids" etc....I felt just fine pointing out the controversy involved. After all, this is POTUS, not the astronomy room, right? Don't be so surprised if politics enters a discussion here! If you check the old threads on earth ages, you'll see any non-conservative Christians took a real thumping when suggesting the earth is 6 billion years old. Or is it five? Who's counting candles anymore.

BTW, I'm not really praying for you. I save my prayers for when I'm really in deep dung, like all fair weather Catholics!

Have a good one,
    dave
    Earth is 4.5 billion years old and the first signs of life appeared 3.5 billion years ago.

We've had some religious discussions here but I did try to avoid it this time because folks will believe what they want to. I guess it is impossible to talk about discoveries concerning the universe without someone bring up Noah's Ark.
    Last edited by Franco; 01-06-2010 at 08:50 AM.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Earth is 4.5 billion years old and the first signs of life appeared 3.5 billion years ago.
    I recently read Steven Hawking's "Brief History of Time" and it really messes with your mind! Just when you think some of the stuff he's saying is far flung and only in the realm of academic chalkboards, you go outside and look at the stars and realize its all right before you. That the small pinpoint of light coming from a star is thousands to millions of years old by the time it hits our eyes.

Even the most advanced science, in my mind, NO WAY refutes the existence of God. If anything, the more we know, the more wonder there is, and the more firmly I believe in the Creator.