The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Universe 13.7 Billion Years Old "Happy B'Day"

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I recently read Steven Hawking's "Brief History of Time" and it really messes with your mind! Just when you think some of the stuff he's saying is far flung and only in the realm of academic chalkboards, you go outside and look at the stars and realize its all right before you. That the small pinpoint of light coming from a star is thousands to millions of years old by the time it hits our eyes.

Even the most advanced science, in my mind, NO WAY refutes the existence of God. If anything, the more we know, the more wonder there is, and the more firmly I believe in the Creator.
    You and I have more in common than you thought.....

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Even the most advanced science, in my mind, NO WAY refutes the existence of God. If anything, the more we know, the more wonder there is, and the more firmly I believe in the Creator.
    Getting all warm and fuzzy are we? Maybe the easier thing to believe in?

Like I've stated before, I too believe in a higher power. That higher power being more energy than spiritual.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Banned

so how old is the earth then? i hear varying numbers from creationists - some a strict interpretation of the old testament, others find a way to interpret differently to fit science better. curious as to what you guys think......

Well just damn it to hell then! We actually agree on something.

fp
    www.BayouMagicRetrievers.com
    FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH "Roux"
    Bayou Magic's Road to Hurricane "Roadie" (Knucklehead Puppy)
    Bayou Magic's Tough as a Boot "Boot" (Knucklehead Puppy)

"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." -- George Herman Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Magic View Post
    Well just damn it to hell then! We actually agree on something.

fp
    Me, you, KG, and Franco agreeing??? THAT is worthy of a Steven Hawking book explaining mysteries of the universe itself! Or a cold beer. I'm opting for the latter at this point.

Have a good one,
    dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post

so how old is the earth then?
    4.5 billion years old. First signs of life, 3.5 billion years ago.

What we've learned from Hubble was also backed up when rocks found after a volcano erruption were dated and found to be 4.5 billion years old.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    4.5 billion years old. First signs of life, 3.5 billion years ago.

What we've learned from Hubble was also backed up when rocks found after a volcano erruption were dated and found to be 4.5 billion years old.
    i am asking the creationists only here.......

how old do you believe the earth is?

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    so how old is the earth then? i hear varying numbers from creationists - some a strict interpretation of the old testament, others find a way to interpret differently to fit science better. curious as to what you guys think......
    If you studied Modern Physics, you will know the time will change varying on your position relative to the one creating Earth. If God was moving around at or above speed of light while creating Earth, his one day may be many many millions of years compared to the observer sitting stationary on the Moon watching.
    Terry Britton, P.E.

Engineers believe that if it isn't broken, it doesn't have enough features yet.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Terry Britton View Post
    If you studied Modern Physics, you will know the time will change varying on your position relative to the one creating Earth. If God was moving around at or above speed of light while creating Earth, his one day may be many many millions of years compared to the observer sitting stationary on the Moon watching.
    ohhhh, i get it. so God moved at the speed of light, and the guys that wrote the old testament understood that, added in the calculations and voila, now we can convert the 7 days and 10,000 yrs or so and magically make that mesh with the 4.54 billion years of earths actual age and the 13.7 billion years of the age of the universe. very convenient way to admit that the earth is 4.54 billion years old - but, many other fundamentalist creationists still reject your theory. arent there several here that refute that any rock on earth could be a million years old?? or 200 million? and that the grand canyon is proof of the great flood??

very creative - but thats an invented version of your religion. true fundamentalists stick with the 7,000 or 10,000 yrs, whatever it is, regardless of time-space continuum. so who is right?

look at all those galaxies!!! billions and billions!!! and each has billions and even multitudes of trillions of stars!! thats billions upon billions of opportunities for other terrestrial life on a planet associated with those stars.....

why bother....creationists just keep inventing things to mesh the two trains of thought to "prove" they are right.......

teach real science in schools, creation in your own home and/or church. simple.

Thanks for confirming what I thought was the purpose of your post #27, David.

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.