The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 20 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: The peoples seat - Massachusetts

Default The peoples seat - Massachusetts

Scott Brown is running for the senate in Massachusetts. This exchange was great. He really left David Gergen sputtering. I expect he was looking for a Dan Quayle/Lloyd Bentsen debate moment. What he got was pretty much a Sister Souljah moment.

Gergen might have just given the election to Brown

Those from Massachusetts appear to have a choice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OJEEQHOnI2Q
    Last edited by subroc; 01-12-2010 at 10:24 AM.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Wouldn't it be ironic if Ted Kennedy's old seat becomes the vote that defeats Nationalized Socialized Healthcare!!

After all, it was his lifelong dream!!
    Stan b & Elvis

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Wouldn't it be ironic if Ted Kennedy's old seat becomes the vote that defeats Nationalized Socialized Healthcare!!

After all, it was his lifelong dream!!
    we can only hope.
    Pelosi and her minions are plotting heavily to delay his confirmation until after the vote if he is elected. same old games..........

We can tap our ruby slippers, rub out rabbit feet and have the Dali Lama himself pray for our cause and there ain't no way that a Republican is going to pick up that seat.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    We can tap our ruby slippers, rub out rabbit feet and have the Dali Lama himself pray for our cause and there ain't no way that a Republican is going to pick up that seat.

You know that, and I know that, BUT BUT BUT...isn't it fun to dream? Can you imagine the tsunami that would develope? After watching that debate, I thought he hit a home run. It was indeed about as satisfying as watching the Reagan/Carter debate.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    I agree. It was just a good moment and worth watching.

But...they have elected republican governors before. reminds me of the dumb and dumber line when Jim Carey...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX5jN...eature=related
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

I like it! Maybe some folks in power are going to start waking up soon! (insert praying smiley here)

I'm from Ma. and I think it will be very close... If we really want to send a message of change to DC then replacing Teddy with a R would send that message loud and clear. 2 votes from this household ... Jim
    The mightiest oak was once a small nut that stood its ground

From Rasmussen today:

"A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of likely voters in the state finds Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley attracting 49% of the vote while her Republican rival, state Senator Scott Brown, picks up 47%. "

Yesterday alone, Brown raised over $1.3 MILLION in an online fundraising campaign.

Brown support has be steadily increasing from being down double digits just a few weeks ago. He has some substantial momentum. This one is shaping up to be much closer than most anyone ever imagined.

Bob/Jim

It should be an interesting few days. I think I will listen to Howie Carr for the next few days. He should have plenty to say.

That "it's the peoples seat" was a great line wasn't it?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]