The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 20 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: The peoples seat - Massachusetts

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Thumbs up

Do you think if I went to ACORN and asked if I could vote for Coakley in Ma it would happen?
    I could then do like Obama and lie and not vote for her and vote for Brown...May be a way to get Brown elected.kind of CROOKED but it would work maybe...I like the idea of a 41st vote against the health care bill.
    Last edited by Sundown49 aka Otey B; 01-12-2010 at 07:20 PM. Reason: corrected typing
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Democratic polls note that the race is too close to call with Republicans outspending Democrats by a substantial margin. Right now, a lot of companies are viewing the Massachusetts election as the easiest place to defeat health insurance reform.

Sounds good. I hope they succeed in that defeat.

It will represent a great day in the United States. A clear message will be sent to the politicians telling them to stop looting the treasury.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Democratic polls note that the race is too close to call with Republicans outspending Democrats by a substantial margin. Right now, a lot of companies are viewing the Massachusetts election as the easiest place to defeat health insurance reform.
    I believe, and this is an opinion, that if the Republicans pull off a victory in MA it would be a bigger upset than the USA beating Russia in hockey.

And a GIANT wakeup call for a lot of Senators and Congressman that don't want to lose their jobs because of ideology!!

Just an opinion.
    Maybe a hope as well.

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

We always hear from the media in these situations "it is a referendum vote" trying to place more on the particular election than it needs. We saw that in several of the mid-term races.

Not trying to over state it but, I think this would really be a referendum if Brown wins.
    Last edited by subroc; 01-12-2010 at 09:06 PM.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Hope and Change
    "Character is doing the right thing when nobody is watching"....J.C. Watts

Quote Originally Posted by dixidawg View Post
    From Rasmussen today:

"A new Rasmussen Reports telephone survey of likely voters in the state finds Massachusetts Attorney General Martha Coakley attracting 49% of the vote while her Republican rival, state Senator Scott Brown, picks up 47%. "

Yesterday alone, Brown raised over $1.3 MILLION in an online fundraising campaign.

Brown support has be steadily increasing from being down double digits just a few weeks ago. He has some substantial momentum. This one is shaping up to be much closer than most anyone ever imagined.
    this is exactly why nothing is going to change! $1.3 million is a LIFETIME of paychecks for most families. RAISED IN 1 DAY! politicians have no connection to the mainstream wage earner. why should they? free health care for life, a great pension, paid travel expenses, $1,000 per plate fundraising dinners, etc. they are more than happy to let us eat cake!

how much money do you think these people are investing in their campaigns? whoever wins owes favors to too many individuals, special interest groups and corporations to pay back in 1 term, so the cycle gets repeated again and again and again......regardless of party affiliation.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

Absolutely correct Paul.

And to top it off, the Supreme Court is about to make a ruling that will open the floodgates, allowing business to open their wallets and give unlimited funds to politicians.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Realizing that both parties are corrupt...

I have no problem with who gives money to politicians. I have no problem with how much money anyone gives to a politician. I believe lobbyist provide a valuable service to those that they represent and both political parties (think NRA and DU).

I have a problem with transparency. Where did the money come from? I have a problem with earmarks. How are you, as a politician, looting the treasury? I have a problem with using legislation to buy votes (tailoring bribes or legislation so only one specific state qualifies for that money).

I believe that, coupled with the freedom that the supreme court is about to grant, politicians should create a high level of transparency. Just tell us where the money comes from.

We can make our own decisions on if we believe that a politician is being bought, is dis-honest or is just accepting money from their constituency with no strings attached.

Everything is about transparency. Follow the money…
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]

Edbuck

Two votes for Scott Brown from my house.