The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Republicans for more Taxes???

[QUOTE=Pals;553945]
    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post

I can't hardly follow you Dave, makes me dizzy.

When you spend your life riding the fence, in the end all you have to show for it is arse full of splinters.

cheers-
    I am on one side of the fence on some issues and candidates, and the other with some. My fence has a hot wire across the top, so there ain't no fence sittin' with me!

No offense intended, but most seem to be very party-loyal ideologues here, so I would not expect much understanding for an independent here.

If you have anyway of reconciling a pro-choice, NRA-lifer position, please let me know! If I want a candidate who supports my positions on major issues, I would have to run myself, and I'd rather pull splinters than be a politician!
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

I find it easier to justify paying tolls for the use of a road, than some of the other things govt would like us to pay for

In many cases, there is an option to using the toll road, and one might even find the family vacation more interesting by doing so.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Hmmmm....

The PA bill to convert I-80 to a toll road was passed in 2007.

It originated in the PA House. The Democrats in the PA House had a slim majority.

It was co-sponsered by four PA state representatives. All Democrats.

All but one of the 100 (+/-) Democrats in the House voted for making it a toll road.

All but four of the 100 (+/-) Republicans voted against making it a toll road.

The bill was signed by Democrat Gov. Ed Rendell.

After passage of the bill, the Democrat administration of Rendell requested that the Republican administration running the US Transportation Dept. approve the tolls. The request was denied. Twice.

Now, with a Democratic administration running the US Transportation Dept., the Democratic administration of Gov. Rendell has asked a third time for the state to collect tolls on I-80.

Now tell us again, DNF, why you claim the GOP is trying to ram tolls down the poor people of Pennsylvania's throats.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Now tell us again, DNF, why you claim the GOP is trying to ram tolls down the poor people of Pennsylvania's throats.
    WPXI and WTAE reported a delegation of republican state representatives was headed to Washington to inquire about ways to reconsider tolling I-80. Fortunately, there is not much support, at least from local reps, including GT Thompson, our local republican.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Hmmmm....

The PA bill to convert I-80 to a toll road was passed in 2007.

It originated in the PA House. The Democrats in the PA House had a slim majority.

It was co-sponsered by four PA state representatives. All Democrats.

All but one of the 100 (+/-) Democrats in the House voted for making it a toll road.

All but four of the 100 (+/-) Republicans voted against making it a toll road.

The bill was signed by Democrat Gov. Ed Rendell.

After passage of the bill, the Democrat administration of Rendell requested that the Republican administration running the US Transportation Dept. approve the tolls. The request was denied. Twice.

Now, with a Democratic administration running the US Transportation Dept., the Democratic administration of Gov. Rendell has asked a third time for the state to collect tolls on I-80.

Ouch!!!!!!

WPXI and WTAE reported a delegation of republican state representatives was headed to Washington to inquire about ways to reconsider tolling I-80. Fortunately, there is not much support, at least from local reps, including GT Thompson, our local republican.
    You sure? Here's everything WTAE has reported on with the word "toll" in it: http://www.wpxi.com/search/form.html...es=on&video=on

And here's WPXI's stories with the word "toll": http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...ading=&qt=toll

No mention of GOP delegations sent to DC. Does that even make sense, btw? How big of a "delegation" could you send when hardly any Republicans voted for it in the first place? And why would the state send Republicans to beg for approval from a Democrat US Transportation Dept.?

You sure? Here's everything WTAE has reported on with the word "toll" in it: http://www.wpxi.com/search/form.html...es=on&video=on

And here's WPXI's stories with the word "toll": http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...ading=&qt=toll

No mention of GOP delegations sent to DC. Does that even make sense, btw? How big of a "delegation" could you send when hardly any Republicans voted for it in the first place? And why would the state send Republicans to beg for approval from a Democrat US Transportation Dept.?
    Don't ask me. I asked that in the first place. I must admit, I haven't seen much on this story today. I heard it before work and was wondering that myself. It certainly doesn't make sense to me.

"No, there's never been any, see, what they tell us are earthquakes are actually sonic booms caused by a project that's been funded by the U.S. government. You see, what they're doing is they're, they're creating a huge, ah, cavity, a tunnel if you will, right to the center of the Earth where they're gonna build a giant computer to control the planet's rotation."

(awkward pause)

"Can I, can I be the only one that's heard of this?"

Clavinism

Glad I'm on his 'Ignore' list
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

A lot of tolls are farmed out to a private party to maintain, which is a cost savings measure. Even after the money is spent on a new road, it takes x-dollars to maintain per year. One way or another you are going to pay for it.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.

Don't ask me. I asked that in the first place. I must admit, I haven't seen much on this story today. I heard it before work and was wondering that myself. It certainly doesn't make sense to me.
    My bad. All this time on this thread I thought you were making baseless accusations and here you were just trying to be an honest information broker in search of the truth. I'm glad I could be of service.