The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Did the message win in Massachusetts or the method?

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    I suspect that there was not one simple message behind the voters' decision. Massachusetts polls show strong (57%) support for Obama, and even strong majority support for the President's health plan. What they didn't show was support for Coakley who ran a dismissive campaign. If the administration had not lost support from independents and moderate democrats, Coakley probably would have won despite being a bad candidate.. Had Coakley been a good candidate, she probably would have won despite the problems fced by the administration. Having a bad candidate and administration problems spelled victory for a guy who would have had trouble being elected dog catcher under different circumstances.
    She was a great candidate. She bested a field of 4 top democrats including a millionaire to move on. I will say that makes her a great candidate. She held a 30 point lead. When comparing her ideas to Senator Scott Brown's, they fell short. Then she lost her lead and the election.

Trying to minimize the man’s achievement is all you got. No substance left to your position. It’s sad really...
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Jeff I've seen you say it a couple times and now still haven't answered the calls to explain. HOW was Brown a bad candidate or as you put it an idiot. Seems like quite a few democrats and independents don't agree with you so please explain....

I think a lot of people realized they were getting exactly what the right had been telling them they were going to get, and the country had an "oh shit" moment with this health care fiasco. It's gonna be a bloodbath for the Dems in the next couple of elections. The Republicans will probably have the presidency, and a filibuster proof majority by the time this all plays out.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Having a bad candidate and administration problems spelled victory for a guy who would have had trouble being elected dog catcher under different circumstances.
    This may be the dumbest thing said by a lib yet. The man is an attorney, Lt. Col. in the Nat'l Guard and a state senator. You lefties think the anyone who votes against your agenda must be stupid. I hope all the libs keep going on the course they have been on. It will just shorten their time left in charge...
    Bill Davis

Originally Posted by YardleyLabs
    Having a bad candidate and administration problems spelled victory for a guy who would have had trouble being elected dog catcher under different circumstances.
    It was reported that they expected about 2.2 million in voter turnout of the 4.5 millioin registered voters in MA. I don't know if a final number has been reported.

I'm guessing that quote would offend about 1.14 million MA voters on Tuesday; and those who voted for Brown as their State legislator.

Mr. Brown and Ms. Coakley both had comparable educational background. Should he be embarrassed that he was a male model in his younger days? Would he be smarter if he were uglier? Should he be embarrassed that his daughter was on American Idol? Why?

I'm sure there have been worse qualified Senators in our history. The list could probably start with some now serving regardless of the letter after their name.
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post
    Jeff I've seen you say it a couple times and now still haven't answered the calls to explain. HOW was Brown a bad candidate or as you put it an idiot. Seems like quite a few democrats and independents don't agree with you so please explain....

Because he is a Republican.

I was just helpin' Mr. Yardley, he must be busy rereading the Nationalized Healthcare plan!!

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Gotta love the liberals continuing their liberal way of blame everyone and everything except themselves. If they don't see what the MA people voted for, then I can't wait till nov.

Quote Originally Posted by eildydar View Post

8 hours later and jeff is still searching the interweb for an answer to this
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by EdA View Post
    This should make incumbent Democrats facing re-election in an off year a bit uncomfortable with their current position and may give some cause to re-evaluate their alignment with the Administration

If a Republican can be elected to the Senate from Massachusetts then almost anything is possible
    Only a year later of Change You Can Believe In, which speaks volumes, let alone in Mass. on any given year.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.