Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: "Hate."

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    I'm waiting for Roger to say, "Brown's win is Bush's fault!"

Eric
    Why would I give a Hoot about Brown. The sun will come up in the East tomorrow and I will still go to work. The election is what it is, nothing more. It does not affect the state of Florida where I live.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Did I defend it?? I don't recall doing so. I merely implied he did the same thing I hear quite frequently from the right wingers. Do you really not recall hearing the attacks on Obama, Murtha, Biden, Haiti devil-dealers, New Orleans hurricane baiters, from Robertson, Coulter, Hannity, Beck, Limbaugh??? Come on, lets be real. I know those mouths have spewed hatred that made you cringe.
    I recall all the things that those on the right say that are interpreted as hate by the left.

But never, NEVER to my recollection has a single one EVER said anything close to this and meant it.

I challenge you to prove me wrong.

And while you are doing it, look up the phrase tu quoque.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Why would I give a Hoot about Brown. . . .The election is what it is, nothing more. It does not affect the state of Florida where I live.
    You are either naive or in denial.

Brown now has a vote in DC, breaking up the left's filibuster-proof majority. What happens in DC affects all of us, even the state of Florida.
    Kevin Walker

Drive is the manifestation of Desire, and measured in Style.
    Thank you judges who score Style, you are preserving Desire!

Senior Member Sundown49 aka Otey B's Avatar

Roger I seem to remember Florida as being the "State of Confusion"...
    My Dad said to me ."Son, a man just needs three things to be happy....A good dog, a good gun and a good wife.....Thank God I have all three
    Sundown's Boss of Delta Marsh JH (Louie QAA X Delta MH)
    Traveling Through The Graded Timber JH (2012 NAFC Trav X Timber MH QAA)

Sundown's Ruff And Tuff (Boss JH X Lil Bit) best pup I have ever raised
    Home of HRCH Sundown's Loaded To The Maxx (FC AFC Jamie X Dixie QAA) RIP
    www.sundownlabs.com

Quote Originally Posted by AmiableLabs View Post
    I recall all the things that those on the right say that are interpreted as hate by the left.

But never, NEVER to my recollection has a single one EVER said anything close to this and meant it.

I challenge you to prove me wrong.

And while you are doing it, look up the phrase tu quoque.
    I'm not sure how tu quoque applies here?

Don't you think saying that God sent a hurricane and killed 2000 people because there are gays that needed punished a tad hateful?

How about what...200,000 dead and dying in Haiti because former leaders made a pact with the devil? I think that is God-hating, if he thinks God is either to powerless of overcome the will of the Devil, or just allow this to happen to his innocent children?

Here's some Anne Coulter:

Vester: You say you'd rather not talk to liberals at all?
    Coulter: I think a baseball bat is the most effective way these days.
    (FOX News Channel, DaySide with Linda Vester, 10/6)

My only regret with Timothy McVeigh is he did not go to the New York Times building.
    New York Observer article; August 26, 2002
    Of course I regret it. I should have added 'after everyone had left the building except the editors and the reporters.'
    rightwingnews.com; June 26, 2003
    On her (above) statement concerning Timothy McVeigh

We need somebody to put rat poisoning in Justice Stevens's creme brulee. That's just a joke, for you in the media.
    Philander Smith College January 26, 2006 [18]

Here's a nice little quip form glenn beck for good measure:

On the September 9, 2005, edition of his radio show, Beck referred to survivors of Hurricane Katrina who remained in New Orleans as "scumbags." Also, after acknowledging that nobody "in their right mind is going to say this out loud," Beck attacked victims of the disaster and the families of victims of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, saying: "I didn't think I could hate victims faster than the 9-11 victims."

There. I proved you wrong. Now, this is all a little ridiculous. Is it any shock that left wing, as well as right wing talking heads would say something off color about the opposing party?

Thicker skin regards,
    dave
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Interesting difference, Dave....all the hard right quotes you named happened after natural and terrorist disasters....Olberman's was after an election...which the liberal left media obviously deemed a disaster...

Oh, the irony regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post
    Interesting difference, Dave....all the hard right quotes you named happened after natural and terrorist disasters....Olberman's was after an election...which the liberal left media obviously deemed a disaster...

Oh, the irony regards,

kg
    "hard right"? What happened to "fair and balanced"?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar

what olbermann said is wrong...he gets paid to do it. what rush says it wrong...he gets paid to do it. what jesse jackson says is frequently wrong....he gets aggrandized for doing it. everyone has their motivations. it doesn't make it right

it is repugnant to me that either side, including the op of this thread, whine about the "rude" things people say. it's free speech. there have been much worse things said of our commander in chief on this very BB. stop whining. people can say what they want. nobody censors themselves on here.
    ________
    Dot Iolite Portable Vaporizer Review
    Last edited by precisionlabradors; 04-26-2011 at 03:38 PM.

Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by K G View Post

Oh, the irony regards,

kg
    not quoting, just paraphrasing your words from the rush thread....they are talking heads. we can turn them off.
    ________
    Free Gift Card
    Last edited by precisionlabradors; 04-26-2011 at 03:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Here's a nice little quip form glenn beck for good measure:

On the September 9, 2005, edition of his radio show, Beck referred to survivors of Hurricane Katrina who remained in New Orleans as "scumbags." Also, after acknowledging that nobody "in their right mind is going to say this out loud," Beck attacked victims of the disaster and the families of victims of the September 11, 2001, terrorist attacks, saying: "I didn't think I could hate victims faster than the 9-11 victims."

dave

I admit to not having done any research on the above, but I'm pretty sure the scumbag reference was to those that stayed and looted the city and shot at rescue workers trying to pluck people off of their roof tops.