The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 33

Thread: The World Bids Farewell to Obama

  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Wetumpka, AL
    Posts
    2,857

    Default The World Bids Farewell to Obama

    http://www.spiegel.de/international/...673192,00.html

    http://tinyurl.com/yk8egw3

    US President Barack Obama suffered a painful defeat in Massachusetts on Tuesday. With mid-term elections looming, it means that Obama will have to fundamentally re-think his political course. German commentators say it is the end of hope.

    US President Barack Obama has had a number of difficult weeks during his first year in the White House. Right after he took office, he had to wade through a week full of partisan bickering over his economic stimulus package combined with a tax scandal surrounding Tom Daschle, the man Obama had hoped would lead his health care reform team.

    -more-

  2. #2
    Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    st anthony idaho
    Posts
    584

    Default

    just a quick reminder---this in no way disputes the veracity of your claim---

    when bho was elected and europe was grateful and going crazy with hope, a lot of people on this board mocked the commentary saying that europe doesn't matter, that we should disregard it and only pay attention to what our own american commentators have to say. commentators....hahahahah. they'll say anything. i imagine its the same in europe.
    ________
    Lovely Wendie
    Last edited by precisionlabradors; 04-26-2011 at 03:39 PM.

  3. #3
    Senior Member Julie R.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Orlean VA
    Posts
    2,821

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by precisionlabradors View Post

    when bho was elected and europe was grateful and going crazy with hope, a lot of people on this board mocked the commentary saying that europe doesn't matter, that we should disregard it and only pay attention to what our own american commentators have to say. commentators....hahahahah. they'll say anything. i imagine its the same in europe.

    Really? Can you provide links to those posts where people on this board said we should only pay attention to what our own commentators had to say about BHO's election?

    I remember saying something to the effect that nations that didn't like the U.S. were rattling their sabers with glee over the prospect of an apologetic, spineless U.S. president that wanted everybody to love him.

    And that was before the apology tour.


  4. #4
    Senior Member badbullgator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    somewhere between Boca Grande and Mims
    Posts
    7,055

    Default

    I am forced to listen to NPR a couple of times a month by my lib co worker. All the BBC stuff yesterday was about how obongo was in trouble.....
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Oakdale,ct.
    Posts
    2,721

    Default

    no, WE'RE the ones in trouble.....but no one seems to get that. too busy with the tit for tat thing, i guess.

    the American people and the Legislative branch of our government have not backed a sitting president in 17 years. and we wonder why we have the problems we are confronted with now.

    we are the United States in name only.-Paul
    Last edited by paul young; 01-21-2010 at 10:47 AM.
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Eastern NC
    Posts
    2,755

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    That's some serious bling!

    I watched a couple minutes of an Obama interview on ABC news last night and he sounded pretty dejected about the results. From what I gathered, it almost seemed as though he feels a little like a lame duck. A lame duck after only one year? WOW. He doesn't have the supermajority anymore (not that he accomplished much with it) and every dem in congress is scared for their job and before long will begin to distance themselves from him. After all, he hasn't exactly been the luckiest talisman for those he campaigned for...

  7. #7
    Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    st anthony idaho
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Really? Can you provide links to those posts where people on this board said we should only pay attention to what our own commentators had to say about BHO's election?

    I remember saying something to the effect that nations that didn't like the U.S. were rattling their sabers with glee over the prospect of an apologetic, spineless U.S. president that wanted everybody to love him.

    And that was before the apology tour.


    you can use the search function as easily as i. they were and are there.
    ________
    Paxil Lawsuit Settlements
    Last edited by precisionlabradors; 04-26-2011 at 03:39 PM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    st anthony idaho
    Posts
    584

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    no, WE'RE the ones in trouble.....but no one seems to get that. too busy with the tit for tat thing, i guess.

    the American people and the Legislative branch of our government have not backed a sitting president in 17 years. and we wonder why we have the problems we are confronted with now.

    we are the United States in name only.-Paul
    W.O.R.D. mhmm
    ________
    For Porn
    Last edited by precisionlabradors; 04-26-2011 at 03:39 PM.

  9. #9
    Senior Member Franco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Lafayette, La.
    Posts
    10,502

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by precisionlabradors View Post

    you can use the search function as easily as i. they were and are there.
    I was curious so, I did a search. Sorry, couldn't find any.

    Don't y'all just love the way Obama supporters like to divert attention away from the story/issue.
    Last edited by Franco; 01-21-2010 at 03:01 PM.
    “The end of democracy and the defeat of the American Revolution will occur when government falls into the hands of lending institutions and moneyed incorporations.” –Thomas Jefferson

  10. #10
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,579

    Default

    In todays world FADS come and go quickly.....especially those without substance!!!





    rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •