The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: The World Bids Farewell to Obama

Quote Originally Posted by paul young View Post
    no, WE'RE the ones in trouble.....but no one seems to get that. too busy with the tit for tat thing, i guess.

the American people and the Legislative branch of our government have not backed a sitting president in 17 years. and we wonder why we have the problems we are confronted with now.

we are the United States in name only.-Paul
    There's a way to fix that: TERM LIMITS!!!

So sayeth the flock regards,

k g
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

I can tune in to Glen Beck for this type of rhetoric, and it would not matter if the president was Jesus Christ and a democrat, Beck would spin every miracle he performed as bad, so that you toon in for another dose of his crap.

It is funny how people forget. Obama didn't cause these problems but you blame him. And you expect him to fix them over-night. So vote against him next time and get another tax-cutting war mongrel that will short us into Bolivia while his buddys get rich.

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    I can tune in to Glen Beck for this type of rhetoric, and it would not matter if the president was Jesus Christ and a democrat, Beck would spin every miracle he performed as bad, so that you toon in for another dose of his crap.

It is funny how people forget. Obama didn't cause these problems but you blame him. And you expect him to fix them over-night. So vote against him next time and get another tax-cutting war mongrel that will short us into Bolivia while his buddys get rich.
    Just wondering JD...would this be classified as 'whiny'?
    "What a difference a week makes. This week I feel like a football coach. Last week I felt like Britney Spears' choreographer."
    Coach Bob Green, Montana Tech

Then, by all means, please do...I never listen to him or Rush or Sean Hannity either...but you can have MY share.

You DO realize that the POTUS has VERY little legislative power, don't you, sambo? In truth, he has NONE other than being the leader of his party in this country. It is CONGRESS that makes laws and institutes "change." BHO did help sell the concept of change, but the message MA sent was loud and clear that the type of changes CONGRESS has furthered in the past year ain't gonna cut it. Any incumbent, particularly those on the liberal side, does so at their own peril.

No, I didn't expect BHO to fix everything overnight...but I DID expect him to be a bit more responsive to THE MASSES rather than only the folks that elected him and the CONGRESS that has their own agenda. Back-door dealings (what happened to putting all the business of Congress on C-Span???), cutting deals to get votes (does Nebraska and Louisiana ring a bell?), and "no earmarks" (that one fell by the wayside early on; we should have known what would follow) should be enough to make EVERYONE'S blood boil, liberal or conservative.

I heard a news commentator today say that BHO still has time to save the legacy of his Presidency. He's gonna have to choose to do business in a way different than what he's chosen so far if he hopes to achieve anything FOR THE AMERICAN PEOPLE in the next 3 years.

For THE PEOPLE regards,

kg
    I keep my PM box full. Use email to contact me: rockytopkg@aol.com.

Apparently you have never spent anytime in the Northeast or you would know that repubicans are the same as dems up there. You can't get elected if you are pro-life and pro-gun either. So this is no great victory for the republicans because he will vote with the dems most of the time.

You are absolutely correct the pres does not make law...and I hope you will look back since 1996 and count the years the repubs controlled congress and place blame where it should be.

It's gonna take these libs a while to get over this one!

Can you say "I'm Scott Brown, I'm from Wrentham...and I drive a truck!"?? Oh, and I'm a Republican"

Get used to it, there will be more...
    Bill Davis

if you want rid of Obama...you better hope the dems carry the midterms or you will have him for another term...mark my words

Apparently you have never spent anytime in the Northeast or you would know that repubicans are the same as dems up there. You can't get elected if you are pro-life and pro-gun either. So this is no great victory for the republicans because he will vote with the dems most of the time.

You are absolutely correct the pres does not make law...and I hope you will look back since 1996 and count the years the repubs controlled congress and place blame where it should be.
    I am well aware that both the Clinton and Bush Administration were out-of-control with spending. What I don't like is the continuation of the out-of-control spending. In my view, Obama is making a bad situation worse. Now, they want to raise the Federal Deficit limit by 2 Trillion dollars!
    Anyone can spend money but, it takes leadership to find the alternatives to spending money we don't have.
    Collecting more taxes than is absolutely necessary is legalized robbery. Calvin Coolidge

if you want rid of Obama...you better hope the dems carry the midterms or you will have him for another term...mark my words
    What is your logic?
    Bill Davis

i agree that we need term limits for the legislative branch very badly., and have said it here repeatedly.

too bad we the people can't write and sponsor the bill. that's the only way it will ever happen...

no way they will vote their way out of a job. but it would be fun to hear the wailing and gnashing of teeth from all the lobbyists. it might mean their demise, too.-Paul
    there's no good reason to fatten up a retriever.