The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: UN climate chief admits mistake on Himalayan glaciers warning

Default UN climate chief admits mistake on Himalayan glaciers warning

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6994774.ece

http://tinyurl.com/y9bqy4a

The UN’s top climate change body has issued an unprecedented apology over its flawed prediction that Himalayan glaciers were likely to disappear by 2035.

The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC) said yesterday that the prediction in its landmark 2007 report was “poorly substantiated” and resulted from a lapse in standards. “In drafting the paragraph in question the clear and well-established standards of evidence, required by the IPCC procedures, were not applied properly,” the panel said. “The chair, vice-chair and co-chairs of the IPCC regret the poor application of IPCC procedures in this instance.”

-more-

What a surprise...more lies from the global warming crowd.

I suppose global warming scientists are just like politicians in that you can always tell when they are lying because their lips are moving.

We live in Cuba now.

Don't worry Henry will be here soon to show us some graphs of how this is just taken out of context. I am sure the responce will be that it was only one paragraph and that of is no reason to believe the screw up anything else of lie to further their cause.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

http://www.nationalreview.com/onthen...Y0OTNhNGVjMWQ=

It gets worse....

Rest assured that the all our other research and conclusions are valid though.

Bad science regards

Bubba
    Last edited by Bubba; 02-04-2010 at 03:11 PM.
    There are three classes of people: those who see...those who see when shown...and those who do not see. - Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Don't worry Henry will be here soon to show us some graphs of how this is just taken out of context.
    I know I just can't get enough of the same CO2 graph over and over again.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    I know I just can't get enough of the same CO2 graph over and over again.
    I guess you can't handle the facts.

You know, I can't get enough of all the data, graphs, and scientific evidence that all the deniers post and link to that supports the theory that the earth is not warming and that humans are not a driving force.

Oh, wait, I forgot, there is little credible scientific evidence ever presented here to support this theory and most all the posts started by deniers just take the kill the messenger approach.

Hmmm, kinda reminds me of the tobacco industries strategies but I am sure that the coal and oil industries would not do anything similar, would they??
    http://www.businessinsider.com/oil-c...r-years-2009-4
    http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...al-1072039.htm
    and my favorite
    http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...he_world_burns

Quote Originally Posted by badbullgator View Post
    Don't worry Henry will be here soon to show us some graphs of how this is just taken out of context. I am sure the responce will be that it was only one paragraph and that of is no reason to believe the screw up anything else of lie to further their cause.
    Yeah your right. Citing one bad estimate in a lengthy report, a couple of emails among a few scientists, or a couple of bad citations among hundreds clearly suggests all the other evidence is flawed.

Please, present some links to peer reviewed scientific evidence for why CO2 has increased the past 140 years, why methane is on the increase, why the oceans are becoming more acidic, why sea level is on the rise, and why the vast majority of glaciers around the world are melting. Or, provide some evidence that any of these is not happening. I am always looking to read more good science related to these topics.

No CO2 graph?!? WTF?!?
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    No CO2 graph?!? WTF?!?
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But hey...I've got just what turns Henry on. We've lambasted your prevaricator-in-chief enuff, Henry. Time to get after a different source of "hoaxs we can be proud of"... the Chair of the UN IPCC.

Of special concern and interest for all is the final paragraph of this column.

UB

Barrasso Calls for U.N. Climate Chief’s Resignation

Thursday, 04 Feb 2010 10:12 PM

WASHINGTON, D.C. –

Today, Senator John Barrasso, R-Wyo., called on Dr. Rajendra Pachauri, Chairman of the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change, to resign after revelations of ongoing scientific fraud under Dr. Pachauri’s watch. Senator Barrasso delivered the following statement on the Senate Floor:

“Every day, new scandals emerge about the so called ‘facts’ in the UN reports. The integrity of the data and the integrity of the science have been compromised.

“Concrete action by world leaders is needed. Government delegations of the UN’s general assembly and UN Secretary Moon must pressure Dr. Rajendra Pachauri to step down as head of the United Nations Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change.

“It is time to conduct an independent investigation into the conduct of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change. The scientific data behind these policies must be independently verified.

“Administration policies relating to climate change will cost millions of Americans their jobs. We need to get this right. To continue to rely on these corrupted U.N. Reports is an endorsement of fraudulent behavior. It is a signal to the American people that ideology is more important than their jobs.”

Background:

Recent news reports have highlighted Dr. Rajendra Pachauri’s and the United Nation’s involvement in covering up flawed science:

• February 2, 2010, Investor’s Business Daily article, Walter Russell Read, Project Director for Religion and Foreign Policy at the Pew Forum, said “After years in which global warming activists had lectured everyone about the overwhelming nature of the scientific evidence, it turned out that the most prestigious agencies in the global warming movement were breaking laws, hiding data and making inflated, bogus claims resting on, in some cases, no scientific basis at all.”
    • On January 30, 2010, the Times of London reported, “Pachauri was told that the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change assessment that glaciers would disappear by 2035 was wrong, but he waited two months to correct it.”
    • On January 24, 2010, the Times of London reported the UN wrongly linked global warming to natural disasters. Reporter Jonathan Leake wrote, “The United Nations climate panel faces new controversy for wrongly linking global warming to an increase in the number and severity of natural disasters such as hurricanes and floods,” and the report “had not been subjected to routine scientific scrutiny.”

Senator Barrasso, a member of both the Energy and Natural Resources Committee and the Environment and Public Works Committee, has continued to call on the international community and the Obama Administration to ensure that our energy policy is based on sound scientific data.

Recently, Barrasso sent letters to the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) and National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) to express his concerns regarding a report concluding the organizations eliminated two-thirds of their temperature monitoring stations around the globe in places that are colder, rural or at higher altitudes beginning in 1990 in order to drive up temperature trend averages.
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Surprise, surprise, surprise. A congressman from Wyoming is following the oil and gas industry playbook. In the interest of science, please send me a link to the report referenced in your copy and paste.

UB, Just in case you missed this above.
    Quote Originally Posted by Henry V View Post
    I guess you can't handle the facts.

You know, I can't get enough of all the data, graphs, and scientific evidence that all the deniers post and link to that supports the theory that the earth is not warming and that humans are not a driving force.

Oh, wait, I forgot, there is little credible scientific evidence ever presented here to support this theory and most all the posts started by deniers just take the kill the messenger approach.

Hmmm, kinda reminds me of the tobacco industries strategies but I am sure that the coal and oil industries would not do anything similar, would they??
    http://www.businessinsider.com/oil-c...r-years-2009-4
    http://www.marketwire.com/press-rele...al-1072039.htm
    and my favorite
    http://www.rollingstone.com/politics...he_world_burns