The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 65

Thread: Been on a plane recently?

  1. #1
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default Been on a plane recently?

    Not me! Not until this country gets their act together. The PC necessity for airport safety is just more than I want to deal with.

    The best suggestion I've heard recently is for the airports to not bother with the full body scanners...just have a blast-proof booth that you step into, and it will detonate any explosive device you may have on your body.

    For those that think we shouldn't be 'profiling' in the airports, and other places that need security, here's a test that might interest you. Enjoy. UB


    1. 1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by:

    a.. Superman

    b. Jay Leno

    c. Harry Potter

    d. A Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40




    2. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by :

    a. Olga Corbett

    b. Sitting Bull

    c. Arnold Schwarzenegger

    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40




    3. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by:

    a. Lost Norwegians

    b. Elvis

    c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women

    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40




    4. During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:

    a. John Dillinger

    b. The King of Sweden

    c. The Boy Scouts

    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40



    5. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:

    a. A pizza delivery boy

    b. Pee Wee Herman

    c. Geraldo Rivera

    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40




    6. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was
    hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered
    and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:

    a. The Smurfs

    b. Davey Jones

    c. The Little Mermaid

    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40


    7. In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens,
    and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:

    a. Captain Kidd

    b. Charles Lindberg

    c. Mother Teresa

    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40


    8. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:

    a. Scooby Doo

    b. The Tooth Fairy

    c. The Sundance Kid

    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40


    9. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombed the
    first time by:

    a. Richard Simmons

    b. Grandma Moses

    c. Michael Jordan

    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40


    10. In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:

    a. Mr. Rogers

    b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from
    Wild Bill's women problems

    c. The World Wrestling Federation

    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40


    11. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two
    were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Centers
    and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon
    and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers.
    Thousands of people were killed by:

    a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd

    b. The Supreme Court of Florida

    c. Mr Bean

    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40


    12. In 2002 the United States fought a war in
    Afghanistan against:
    a. Enron

    b. The Lutheran Church

    c. The NFL

    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40


    13. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:
    a. Bonnie and Clyde

    b. Captain Kangaroo

    c. Billy Graham

    d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40



    Foot note: Fort Hood Texas......another Muslim 39
    years old killed 13 people and wounded 30 some odd others...
    Does this fit the profile

    NOW OUR COMMANDER-IN-CHIEF IS TELLING EVERYONE
    THAT THE YOUNG MUSLIM THAT ATTEMPTED TO BLOW UP
    A NORTHWEST/DELTA JET AS IT APPROACHED DETROIT ON
    CHRISTMAS DAY WAS (QUOTE) "AN ISOLATED INCIDENT".

    YOU HAVE GOT TO BE SHITTING ME OR WHAT!!!
    MY FATHER USE TO SAY: "PLEASE DON'T PISS ON MY LEG AND
    TELL ME IT'S RAINING."












    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  2. #2
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    For ten years before his exposure in 2006, who repeatedly emailed sexually charged messages to teen-aged boys in the Congressional page program?

    a. A gay activist school teacher?

    b. a wishy washy Democrat trying to sell socialism to Americans?

    c. A male Muslim aged 17-40?

    d. A middle aged, white male Republican Congressman named Mark Foley, Chair of the House Caucus on Missing and Exploited Children?


    In the early 2000's, what evangelical leader was publicly exposed for his activities in paying male prostitutes and snorting meth?

    a. Reverend Wright

    b. Some funky Unitarian from Boston?

    c. A male Muslim aged 17-40?

    d. A middle aged, white Republican and leader of the National Association of Evangelicals, Ted Haggert?


    In 2007, what public figure was busted for soliciting sex from an undercover agent in an airport bathroom?

    a. A prominent black Senator from Illinois known for supporting gay rights?

    b. Al Gore?

    c. A male Muslim aged 17-40?

    d. A middle aged white male Republican Senator named Larry Craig, known for opposing gay rights?


    In 2007, what public figure was arrested for offering a male undercover cop $20 to be allowed to perform an act of oral sex on him in the bathroom at a Veteran's Memorial Park?

    a. Jesse Jackson?

    b. Jon Stewart?

    c. A male Muslim aged 17-40?

    d. A middle aged white male Republican named Bob Allen who served as McCain's Florida Campaign Chair and supported banning the right of gays to adopt children?


    In 2007, and previously in 1998, invited young men to his home, got them drunk, and then attempted oral sex acts on them while they were asleep.

    a. Martha Stewart

    b. Oprah Winfrey

    c. A male Muslim aged 17-40?

    d. The white male Chair of the Young Republicans, Glenn Murphy Jr., who also served as Chair for the Clark County Republican Party and as a paid consultant to Republican candidates that he urged to use gay marriage as a wedge issue to gain support?


    What Cumberland County (PA) commissioner was arrested in 2008 for illegally videotaping hundreds fo encounters with male prostitutes?

    a. Liberal Democratic Governor Ed Rendell?

    b. Al Sharpton?

    c. A male Muslim aged 17-40?

    d. A middle aged white male Republican named Bruce Barclay?


    All of this proves, of course, that you should never turn your back on a middle aged white male Republican because "sticking it to you" could take on a whole new meaning.

  3. #3
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,955

    Default

    In the '60s which of the following drove a car off a bridge, then saved himself while a young lady drowned?

    A. Rev. Wright
    B. Bill Clinton
    C. Jimmy Carter
    D. Ted Kennedy

    Which president admitted to doing cocaine or heroin?

    A. Clinton
    B. Carter
    C. Johnson
    D. Obambi

    We could go on all day.
    Bill Davis

  4. #4
    Senior Member Uncle Bill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Posts
    4,289

    Default

    I realize how distraught you must be following that Mass clobbering you and your fellow libs received....but rather than come up with a reasonable arguement for why we don't profile at our airports, you choose to make a straw man post. Nyuk,Nyuk,Nyuk

    How unique.

    FWIW, you might not want to get into a sleezy politician contest...especially if it begins with Presidents.

    UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

  5. #5
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,667

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    For ten years before his exposure in 2006, who repeatedly emailed sexually charged messages to teen-aged boys in the Congressional page program?

    a. A gay activist school teacher?

    b. a wishy washy Democrat trying to sell socialism to Americans?

    c. A male Muslim aged 17-40?

    d. A middle aged, white male Republican Congressman named Mark Foley, Chair of the House Caucus on Missing and Exploited Children?


    In the early 2000's, what evangelical leader was publicly exposed for his activities in paying male prostitutes and snorting meth?

    a. Reverend Wright

    b. Some funky Unitarian from Boston?

    c. A male Muslim aged 17-40?

    d. A middle aged, white Republican and leader of the National Association of Evangelicals, Ted Haggert?


    In 2007, what public figure was busted for soliciting sex from an undercover agent in an airport bathroom?

    a. A prominent black Senator from Illinois known for supporting gay rights?

    b. Al Gore?

    c. A male Muslim aged 17-40?

    d. A middle aged white male Republican Senator named Larry Craig, known for opposing gay rights?


    In 2007, what public figure was arrested for offering a male undercover cop $20 to be allowed to perform an act of oral sex on him in the bathroom at a Veteran's Memorial Park?

    a. Jesse Jackson?

    b. Jon Stewart?

    c. A male Muslim aged 17-40?

    d. A middle aged white male Republican named Bob Allen who served as McCain's Florida Campaign Chair and supported banning the right of gays to adopt children?


    In 2007, and previously in 1998, invited young men to his home, got them drunk, and then attempted oral sex acts on them while they were asleep.

    a. Martha Stewart

    b. Oprah Winfrey

    c. A male Muslim aged 17-40?

    d. The white male Chair of the Young Republicans, Glenn Murphy Jr., who also served as Chair for the Clark County Republican Party and as a paid consultant to Republican candidates that he urged to use gay marriage as a wedge issue to gain support?


    What Cumberland County (PA) commissioner was arrested in 2008 for illegally videotaping hundreds fo encounters with male prostitutes?

    a. Liberal Democratic Governor Ed Rendell?

    b. Al Sharpton?

    c. A male Muslim aged 17-40?

    d. A middle aged white male Republican named Bruce Barclay?


    All of this proves, of course, that you should never turn your back on a middle aged white male Republican because "sticking it to you" could take on a whole new meaning.
    Well, I guess we are in agreement then, we need to profile for certain crimes.

    And in regard to terrorism it would be??????


    rk
    Last edited by road kill; 01-21-2010 at 03:41 PM.
    Stan b & Elvis

  6. #6
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,955

    Default

    Yardley seems to really keep track of perverts all over the country. An unusual hobby to say the least.
    Bill Davis

  7. #7
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Selective interpretation of data has been used to justify bigotry for ages. I remember the outrage when an advisory was issued concerning the threat of terrorist activity by right wing groups in March 2009. If you can figure out the criteria that you would use to distinguish "terrorist extremists" or even the religion of people by appearance, it would be fine. For now, however, it strikes me as being no more valid than saying that white, right wing males are the best candidates if I want to know who will next blow up a government building, assassinate attendees at a Unitarian church in Knoxville, or execute an abortionist during a church service.

    The fact is that I doubt that many of the people working ticket counters and security desks are capable of telling the difference between an Indian and a Pakistani, or between an Arab and an Israeli. What about the difference between a Muslim Turk or Indonesian -- neither of which have been linked to jihadi terrorism -- and Saudis who have. Scared people look for easy answers. Unfortunately, there aren't any. For now, the administration has initiated intensified screening for people from certain countries that are considered problematic. At least that can be done by passport.

  8. #8
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Selective interpretation of data has been used to justify bigotry for ages. I remember the outrage when an advisory was issued concerning the threat of terrorist activity by right wing groups in March 2009. If you can figure out the criteria that you would use to distinguish "terrorist extremists" or even the religion of people by appearance, it would be fine. For now, however, it strikes me as being no more valid than saying that white, right wing males are the best candidates if I want to know who will next blow up a government building, assassinate attendees at a Unitarian church in Knoxville, or execute an abortionist during a church service.

    The fact is that I doubt that many of the people working ticket counters and security desks are capable of telling the difference between an Indian and a Pakistani, or between an Arab and an Israeli. What about the difference between a Muslim Turk or Indonesian -- neither of which have been linked to jihadi terrorism -- and Saudis who have. Scared people look for easy answers. Unfortunately, there aren't any. For now, the administration has initiated intensified screening for people from certain countries that are considered problematic. At least that can be done by passport.
    Meanwhile they are helping to kill the airline industry by searching people who are absolutely no risk at all, just for the sake of asinine political correctness.
    Bill Davis

  9. #9
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Meanwhile they are helping to kill the airline industry by searching people who are absolutely no risk at all, just for the sake of asinine political correctness.
    For many years only men were used as suicide bombers. When selective procedures were developed to focus only on men -- partly because of the cultural difficulties of searching women -- it became increasingly common to use women and children to carry the bombs. Drug smugglers have followed similar patterns, selecting as mules those least likely to be searched.

    The reality is that, for all the threats of terrorism, commercial airplanes remain one of the safest ways to travel. The odds of finding yourself on board with a terrorist are still lower than they were during the period of hijackings to Cuba, Africa and the Middle East during the 70's. The smartest way to screen for terrorists is to look for people under stress using trained observers. Unfortunately, that is expensive, so we used inadequately trained and cheaper people instead.

    Mechanical screening or profile based screening will increase the appearance of thoroughness but will not necessarily help. To make matters even worse, the most important screenings for preventing attacks similar to the recent one are being performed by airport employees in other countries where we have limited influence.

    There is simply no policy that can guarantee to prevent terrorist action. All you can do is create an illusion. Using prejudice as the foundation for pretending to do better is simply an easy way to sugar coat the pablum. It does not succeed in making anyone more secure but does succeed in creating an entire class of people who are treated unfairly and become symbols to help recruit future extremists.

  10. #10
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,955

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    For many years only men were used as suicide bombers. When selective procedures were developed to focus only on men -- partly because of the cultural difficulties of searching women -- it became increasingly common to use women and children to carry the bombs. Drug smugglers have followed similar patterns, selecting as mules those least likely to be searched.

    The reality is that, for all the threats of terrorism, commercial airplanes remain one of the safest ways to travel. The odds of finding yourself on board with a terrorist are still lower than they were during the period of hijackings to Cuba, Africa and the Middle East during the 70's. The smartest way to screen for terrorists is to look for people under stress using trained observers. Unfortunately, that is expensive, so we used inadequately trained and cheaper people instead.

    Mechanical screening or profile based screening will increase the appearance of thoroughness but will not necessarily help. To make matters even worse, the most important screenings for preventing attacks similar to the recent one are being performed by airport employees in other countries where we have limited influence.

    There is simply no policy that can guarantee to prevent terrorist action. All you can do is create an illusion. Using prejudice as the foundation for pretending to do better is simply an easy way to sugar coat the pablum. It does not succeed in making anyone more secure but does succeed in creating an entire class of people who are treated unfairly and become symbols to help recruit future extremists.
    Give me a break. Do you work in Obama's administration? That whole wimpy argument is what got us in the position we are in. I don't think the Muslim terrorists care about being FAIR.
    Bill Davis

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •