The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 65

Thread: Been on a plane recently?

  1. #11
    Senior Member YardleyLabs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Yardley, PA
    Posts
    6,639

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Give me a break. Do you work in Obama's administration? That whole wimpy argument is what got us in the position we are in. I don't think the Muslim terrorists care about being FAIR.
    So you are OK with targeting white right wing extremists for counter terrorism activities? We should probably start by preserving all those gun registration forms that are now being destroyed so they can be used to track down the sellers of weapons that end up in the wrong hands.

  2. #12
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    So you are OK with targeting white right wing extremists for counter terrorism activities? We should probably start by preserving all those gun registration forms that are now being destroyed so they can be used to track down the sellers of weapons that end up in the wrong hands.
    If someone is breaking the law, they should be stopped. If they are planning to harm someone they should be stopped. How many right wing extremists have you have you seen lately trying to blow up planes or flying planes into buildings? If you want to get the sellers of guns that end up in the wrong hands, you need to start by keeping criminals in jail. And prosecuting the ones who are caught selling stolen guns etc... no need to punish the law abiding gun owners who are minding their own business. Maybe we should arrest car dealers who sell cars to someone who ends falling asleep at the wheel and killing someone.
    Bill Davis

  3. #13
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Give me a break. Do you work in Obama's administration? That whole wimpy argument is what got us in the position we are in. I don't think the Muslim terrorists care about being FAIR.
    In our small town, 100% of the murders have been committed by middle-aged white males wearing camoflauge, who own hunting rifles.

    According to YOUR philosophy, how should we screen and profile people at our airport? Who's civil rights should be discarded in the name of public safety?
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  4. #14
    Senior Member road kill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    New Berlin, WI
    Posts
    10,591

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    In our small town, 100% of the murders have been committed by middle-aged white males wearing camoflauge, who own hunting rifles.
    According to YOUR philosophy, how should we screen and profile people at our airport? Who's civil rights should be discarded in the name of public safety?
    Using YOUR own standard, support that accusation with a link or some factual evidence.

    I claim you just made that up rendering it a useless false claim that has NO bearing on this issue.....


    rk
    Stan b & Elvis

  5. #15
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    In our small town, 100% of the murders have been committed by middle-aged white males wearing camoflauge, who own hunting rifles.

    According to YOUR philosophy, how should we screen and profile people at our airport? Who's civil rights should be discarded in the name of public safety?
    If your town is that small, everyone probably knows everyone (or are all related). Do you even have an airport?
    Bill Davis

  6. #16
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    Using YOUR own standard, support that accusation with a link or some factual evidence.

    I claim you just made that up rendering it a useless false claim that has NO bearing on this issue.....


    rk
    I wish I had.

    http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...14/detail.html

    Both you and Huntingman threw up diversions rather than answer the question. And yes, we have an airport served by Continental Express, which requires TSA security.
    Last edited by dnf777; 01-21-2010 at 08:41 PM.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  7. #17
    Senior Member huntinman's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Tennessee
    Posts
    6,760

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    I wish I had.

    http://www.thepittsburghchannel.com/...14/detail.html

    Both you and Huntingman threw up diversions rather than answer the question. And yes, we have an airport served by Continental Express, which requires TSA security.
    I did not read your article. Did the murderer fly into town in camo and carrying a gun? If so, the security definitely broke down... If not, I would say don't change what they are doing at the airport.

    OK, I just read the article. I say aprehend everyone who is shooting people from their window. What does this have to do with airport security?
    Last edited by huntinman; 01-21-2010 at 08:49 PM.
    Bill Davis

  8. #18
    Senior Member M&K's Retrievers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Royse City, TX
    Posts
    5,099

    Default

    Sorry, but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, pull you arse over and let me check you out. The rest of you go on.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

    Mike Whitworth

  9. #19
    Senior Member dnf777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Western Pa
    Posts
    6,161

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Sorry, but if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck, pull you arse over and let me check you out. The rest of you go on.
    I'm not going to passionately argue with you guys on this. I think there needs to be a little understanding and common sense here. After the Ft. Hood shooting, there was some Muslim organization leader who was saying that he is tired of having Muslims given a bad name by the terrorists, and that he was WILLING to submit to extra screening tools, if it would decrease terrorism and show people the Muslims do no want this type of rep. How many Muslims he speaks for, I don't know.

    Unless you have the resources and time to screen EVERYONE, you must only screen a sample. The trick is to avoid sampling error, and check in a way that will maximize the efficiency of only partial screening. This means that more brown people will be pulled out of line, which is something that at least one muslim leader said he is willing to do. I was pulled out of a boarding line in my class A army uniform and patted down, and I'm as cracker as you can get, so I understand the frustration.

    But it also means we don't ignore all white people, and give free passes. Again, a little common sense and understanding.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

  10. #20
    Senior Member Hew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    2,082

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    So you are OK with targeting white right wing extremists for counter terrorism activities?
    I don't think you really want to compare the scorecard of worldwide muslim terrorists to US rightwing extremists.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •