The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Not sure how many of you are NRA members...

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Zeus, with all due respect, you're woefully uneducated on this subject. Might I suggest a nice bottle of http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Contra_affair
    Thanks Hew, I'm educated now but still unrepentant!
    Sarge

I don't want to feed an ugly dog!

Neat story, Joe. A witness to history (or is it infamy?). Did I imagine this, or did you also once mention that you were somehow involved in the rescue attempt in '79?

Good to see you back, if even for just a short stay.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Neat story, Joe. A witness to history (or is it infamy?). Did I imagine this, or did you also once mention that you were somehow involved in the rescue attempt in '79?

Good to see you back, if even for just a short stay.
    Late in my career, I was assigned to a unit who's commander was the co-pilot on the lead C-130 on the rescue attempt in '79. Several of the more senior officers were associated with the planning/execution of the event. I had an opportunity to gain an insight into the birth of the joint-special ops community that few ever get. While I proudly did many things on dark nights in far-away places in defense of our country, NOTHING I did could come close to what some of these men did...

Hope Your Fishing Is Good Regards,

Joe S.
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by WindyCreek View Post
    I do not support or agree with your assessment of LtCol North, but maybe you should put your personal bias aside and listen to the message. The message is about the most precious asset this country has and one I was proud to be a part of for 30 years. It is about the message more than the person who delivers it!
    Amen! Whatever you think about North's past deeds, he is still out there today supporting the troops with such actions, not only words, as the Freedom Concerts that raise money for kids of those killed in action or 100% permanently disabled in an operational mission or training accident, to go to college and other educational opportunities. Over $10 million has been raised for the Freedom Alliance Scholarship Fund
    And to paraphrase Lynyrd Skynyrd from the "God & Guns" cd
    "That IS my America..."
    "It's not that government is inherently stupid, although that's a debatable question."
    Rand Paul CPAC speech 2011

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it. Thomas Jefferson to Archibald Stuart, 1791