The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This is a real 'stunner'...

Default This is a real 'stunner'...

...from Newsmax. No less a leftie than Chris Matthews of "Hardball" fame has begun to recognize the 'problem'.

Chris Matthews Turns on Obama
    Add Chris Matthews to the list of liberals in the media whose fawning adulation of Barack Obama has turned to pointed criticism.

Last week the Insider Report disclosed that CNN commentator Jack Cafferty launched a blistering attack on Obama and the Democrats over the closed-door negotiations to reconcile the House and Senate versions of healthcare reform, asserting that Obama’s campaign pledge of transparency was a “lie.”

Now Matthews, host of MSNBC’s “Hardball,” has expressed deep concerns about Obama’s spending policies and the debt the federal government is compiling.
    “I look at the numbers and I’m worried,” Matthews told colleague Rachel Maddow on Tuesday night as they covered Scott Brown’s election win in Massachusetts.
    “I’m worried about this government committing itself to so many entitlement programs and committing itself to such a level of taxation that supports those entitlement programs . . .

“The debt is too big. The government’s taking on too many responsibilities . . .
    “We’re a dissatisfied people. We are easily drawn to a candidate who promises deliverance. Two years ago, we voted for deliverance with Barack Obama. We will vote for deliverance again in two years if we’re not happy.”

Matthews was such a staunch supporter of Obama during the campaign that he declared: "I have to tell you, you know, it's part of reporting this case, this election, the feeling most people get when they hear Barack Obama's speech. My, I felt this thrill going up my leg. I mean, I don't have that too often."

It will be interesting to see what the Obama minions will write for his telepromter at the SOU speech this week. I can only 'hope' they continue to blame Bush, but that would be too much to ask for eh?

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Matthews is a real lap dog in every sense as it relates to obama specifically and democrats generally. I will be surprised this one criticism is anything more than a one off event.

However...

If he loses Matthews, that would pretty much rise to the level of, say, a republican being elected to Ted Kennedy’s seat in Massachusetts. A real cataclysmic event.
    Last edited by subroc; 01-25-2010 at 03:36 AM.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Matthews is a real lap dog in every sense as it relates to obama specifically and democrats generally. I will be surprised this one criticism is anything more than a one off event.

However...

If he loses Matthews, that would pretty much rise to the level of, say, a republican being elected to Ted Kennedy’s seat in Massachusetts. A real cataclysmic event.
    From someone who listens to the entire spectrum of commentery, when I listen at all, I can tell you there has been just as much criticism of Obama from the left, as the right for some time now. It is just more fact and performance-based, and less hateful than that from the right. It is good to listen to different viewpoints sometimes.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Less hateful as in Olberman's rants?

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    From someone who listens to the entire spectrum of commentery, when I listen at all, I can tell you there has been just as much criticism of Obama from the left, as the right for some time now. It is just more fact and performance-based, and less hateful than that from the right. It is good to listen to different viewpoints sometimes.
    I am not really sure what that had to do with Matthews.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar

it's not that complicated. the op posted this up as if it has just begun. dnf pointed out that the lefty commentators have been critical of bho for some time. that includes matthews.
    ________
    Grief or loss advice
    Last edited by precisionlabradors; 04-26-2011 at 04:40 PM.

Senior Member precisionlabradors's Avatar

However...

If he loses Matthews, that would pretty much rise to the level of, say, a republican being elected to Ted Kennedy?s seat in Massachusetts. A real cataclysmic event for democrats in the republican's mind, and the basis for self-esteem for republicans.

hahahahahahaha
    ________
    Tasty_squirt
    Last edited by precisionlabradors; 04-26-2011 at 04:40 PM.

Parse it any way you want. If obama loses Matthews, it is a significant loss of a political hack that never had a cross word about the man. He has always taken the obama and democrat position as his own.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    ...It will be interesting to see what the Obama minions will write for his telepromter...
    Speaking of his teleprompter.

I just saw a report that obama used a teleprompter at an "elementary school."
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]

Speaking of his teleprompter.

I just saw a report that obama used a teleprompter at an "elementary school."
    Probably when he was IN elementary school
    Bill Davis