The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Hey Roger Perry, expain this one ???

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post
    Fox entertainment as a source?
    Thats all you got ????? hahahahahahahaha
    Chad Radt
    HR Wildrose Theodores Lucky Seven MH, "Seven"
    Say Good Night Irene QAA, "Peace"

Fuel the Champion Within, PURINA ProPlan Performance
    TriTronics Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Magic View Post
    There is no way on Godís earth a company can sign onto a 25 million dollar project and not know it was a sole source procurement! Impossible!

fp
    It's been a lot of years (since Reagan was President) since I was last involved with government contracting. However, we actually received multiple sole source contracts that started out as competitive bids. Typically happened when we offered an alternative proposal that convinced the purchasing agent to change the spec.

I once won a multi-million dollar sole source contract when I refused to bid the competitive job because another firm spent three months writing the spec and only ten days was provided for submitting proposals because of the constraints of a legislative deadline for implementation. The firm that wrote the spec was bidding for implementation and I wrote a letter suggesting that they simply be given the contract since no one else could possibly provide a fixed cost bid in the time allotted. I also pointed out that we had an ideally structured team for the work involved and would be happy to do something on T&M or if there were more time to prepare proposals. We were asked to fax a proposal suggesting that. We did and were awarded the contract sole source. No politics were involved other than the fact that the purchasing officer recognized the truth of my claim and did not want to be owned by the firm that wrote the spec. We actually completed the job is less time and at half the cost proposed by the leading firm.

I know nothing about this case or the politics involved, and am not defending the award. However, the process is often not as straightforward as you imply.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    It's been a lot of years (since Reagan was President) since I was last involved with government contracting. However, we actually received multiple sole source contracts that started out as competitive bids. Typically happened when we offered an alternative proposal that convinced the purchasing agent to change the spec.

I once won a multi-million dollar sole source contract when I refused to bid the competitive job because another firm spent three months writing the spec and only ten days was provided for submitting proposals because of the constraints of a legislative deadline for implementation. The firm that wrote the spec was bidding for implementation and I wrote a letter suggesting that they simply be given the contract since no one else could possibly provide a fixed cost bid in the time allotted. I also pointed out that we had an ideally structured team for the work involved and would be happy to do something on T&M or if there were more time to prepare proposals. We were asked to fax a proposal suggesting that. We did and were awarded the contract sole source. No politics were involved other than the fact that the purchasing officer recognized the truth of my claim and did not want to be owned by the firm that wrote the spec. We actually completed the job is less time and at half the cost proposed by the leading firm.

I know nothing about this case or the politics involved, and am not defending the award. However, the process is often not as straightforward as you imply.
    The Contracting Officer has the latitude to award a sole source as you described the process in the case you sited provided significant criteria are met. Timeliness of the project execution can be an overriding factor. However, are you going to tell me that the award (contracts are awarded, not given) was made without you knowing that it was awarded as a sole source contract? We will just have to disagree about the process not being straightforward. The FARs are very explicit in how procurements are made.

fp
    www.BayouMagicRetrievers.com
    FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH "Roux"
    Bayou Magic's Road to Hurricane "Roadie" (Knucklehead Puppy)
    Bayou Magic's Tough as a Boot "Boot" (Knucklehead Puppy)

"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." -- George Herman Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by Bayou Magic View Post
    The Contracting Officer has the latitude to award a sole source as you described the process in the case you sited provided significant criteria are met. Timeliness of the project execution can be an overriding factor. However, are you going to tell me that the award (contracts are awarded, not given) was made without you knowing that it was awarded as a sole source contract? We will just have to disagree about the process not being straightforward. The FARs are very explicit in how procurements are made.

fp
    Actually, in the case of the multi-million dollar contract, I was completely stunned when we were awarded the job. As far as I was concerned, all I did was provide some cover for the contracting officer to allow him to say that we had submitted a proposal despite my earlier refusal.

Forget it- I'm keeping the nose plugs, the stink of this is rotten.

Gonna need a bigger shovel regards,

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Actually, in the case of the multi-million dollar contract, I was completely stunned when we were awarded the job. As far as I was concerned, all I did was provide some cover for the contracting officer to allow him to say that we had submitted a proposal despite my earlier refusal.
    Working from the government side of the equation I've written many sole source justifications. The "cover" you provided was undoubtedly used by the CO or COR to provide the justification necessary to award as a sole source contract. Without adequate justification no sole source contract is awarded in accordance with the FARs. It is unthinkable that a contractor today, particularly the way vendors scrutinize sole source procurements, could unknowingly be awarded a non-competitive contract. Just won't happen. You can buy the Checci explanation if you wish. My many years of experience playing that game tell me something very different.

fp
    www.BayouMagicRetrievers.com
    FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH "Roux"
    Bayou Magic's Road to Hurricane "Roadie" (Knucklehead Puppy)
    Bayou Magic's Tough as a Boot "Boot" (Knucklehead Puppy)

"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." -- George Herman Ruth

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky Seven View Post
    Thats all you got ????? hahahahahahahaha

No Chad, that's not all I got. You must have forgotten to leave this part out.

Joseph A. Fredericks, director of public information at USAID, told Fox News the Checchi deal was actually a renewal of an existing contract, awarded in 2004 by the Bush administration after a competitive bid process. "As the incumbent," Fredericks wrote in an e-mail Monday, "Checchi was rewarded a renewed contract to allow for work on the ground to continue."

Joseph A. Fredericks, director of public information at USAID, told Fox News the Checchi deal was actually a renewal of an existing contract, awarded in 2004 by the Bush administration after a competitive bid process. "As the incumbent," Fredericks wrote in an e-mail Monday, "Checchi was rewarded a renewed contract to allow for work on the ground to continue."
    Fox News as a source Roger?

Starting to see the light, huh?
    Bill Davis

Bush's fault ....... shocker !!!!

So if Obama is pushing forward a Bush contract/policy, what ever happen to that "hope and change" ???? or transparency ?????

OR

When will you start bashing Obama for doing the same things that you accuse Bush of ?????

Double standard ????
    Chad Radt

TriTronics Dealer

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Fox News as a source Roger?

Starting to see the light, huh?
    No, I am sure Roger get his news from the "little boy" Rachel Maddow ...... or better yet, Keith Over-bite on MSNBC. Cause those boys call it right down the middle.
    Chad Radt

TriTronics Dealer