The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fox, the most trusted news???

Default Fox, the most trusted news???

subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post

I recall that not to long ago there was a poll that said that Fox news viewers were also the most likely to believe things that were not true.

and you believe that???

lot of believing goin' on...
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.
    Article [II.]
    A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    I recall that not to long ago there was a poll that said that Fox news viewers were also the most likely to believe things that were not true.
    Do you have a link??

I didn't think so, you just made that up...didn't you??!!??!!

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

RK, Do a search. It has been discussed here before. You can then google the study. Of course, we all know that the straightforward questions were biased and the damn liberal elite researchers also lied with the statistics.

Ya'll have some fun now...

JD

....and since it's a doggy forum, let's add one more,

Last edited by JDogger; 01-27-2010 at 11:14 PM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

chuckling

nice images...

Does this mean that you embrace less than the most trusted news?
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]

From your source;

“A generation ago you would have expected Americans to place their trust in the most neutral and unbiased conveyors of news,” said PPP President Dean Debnam in his analysis of the poll. “But the media landscape has really changed, and now they’re turning more toward the outlets that tell them what they want to hear.”

Does that mean maybe, your trust is misplaced?

more than 90% of all the statistics you read on the internet are made up on the spot
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    From your source;

“A generation ago you would have expected Americans to place their trust in the most neutral and unbiased conveyors of news,” said PPP President Dean Debnam in his analysis of the poll. “But the media landscape has really changed, and now they’re turning more toward the outlets that tell them what they want to hear.”

Does that mean maybe, your trust is misplaced?

more than 90% of all the statistics you read on the internet are made up on the spot
    Outstaning point and rising out of all that bias is the one that is trusted most, Fox.
    subroc

Article [I.]
    Article [II.]

Quote Originally Posted by subroc View Post
    Outstaning point and rising out of all that bias is the one that is trusted most, Fox.
    But the bias is right wing;

From wikipedia:

Right-wing Bias
    Quite a few left-wing blogs have accused The Politico of being right-wing for several reasons, added that in there. 67.160.106.255 05:52, 26 March 2007 (UTC)
    It absolutely is. With headlines like "Tax returns show Clintons got rich quick," "Extreme Makeover: Pennsylvania edition" "bloomberg candidacy would help dems" OF COURSE there is a clear rightwing bias. Just look at the site. Tallicfan20 (talk) 22:02, 5 April 2008 (UTC)
    That's ridiculous. The site has gone after conservatives too. Just because "a few left-wing blogs" have accused them of being biased doesn't mean anything. Some of them would accuse JFK of being right-wing. Arnabdas (talk) 18:54, 15 April 2008 (UTC)The charge of right-wing bias appears warranted. On July 31, 2008 Carrie Budoff Brown published an article at 04:33 AM which says in the title "GOP's celeb-Obama message gains traction." Since the video ad she refers to was released on July 30, 2008, and is critical of Obama it appears it would be impossible to ascertain by 4 o'clock IN THE MORNING of the following day that her assertion was verified by any objective measurement technique known to science. —Preceding unsigned comment added by 68.15.57.109 (talk) 16:31, 31 July 2008 (UTC)
    I removed your entry. Poorly written, slanted, et cetera. Wikipedia isn't an opinion blog. Wikipedia:Neutral point of view Muskogee (talk) 01:29, 1 August 2008 (UTC)
    I have to agree with the above people. Politico seems pretty conservative. Granted, I occasionally see something attacking conservatives, but it seems to have a preponderance of anti-Obama, anti-Democrat type articles. It almost seems like a weak Fox News. In fact, I came to Wikipedia to see what, if anything, Wikipedia said about it. Squad51 (talk) 13:53, 27 October 2009 (UTC)

"But, but, but....it's on the internet..." -subroc

Must be true then. JD
    Last edited by JDogger; 01-28-2010 at 09:53 PM.