The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: State of the Union Drinking Game

I have to admit JDogger I do agree completely with your last post...very good observation

the highlight for me is when BHO announced they would do away with the Dont Ask Dont Tell policy of allowing gays in the military and not one of the Joint Chiefs of the Armed Services flinched
    Last edited by BonMallari; 01-28-2010 at 12:09 AM. Reason: addtional info
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    I have to admit JDogger I do agree completely with your last post...very good observation

the highlight for me is when BHO announced they would do away with the Dont Ask Dont Tell policy of allowing gays in the military and not one of the Joint Chiefs of the Armed Services flinched
    Mabuhay!

As me and the wife ( and she's a peach) watched tonite she asked, "Who are those guys down on the right, in front, who never stand and applause."

"Thats the SCOTUS." I explained to her. "Their job is to remain neutral."

"Oh, right", she said, "How does that work?"

"Not very well", I replied.

JD

... and yeah, the Joint Chiefs were a stoney-faced bunch too.
    Last edited by JDogger; 01-28-2010 at 12:49 AM.
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dnf777
    I'm still drunk from Bush's last state of the union, where I took a sip of Coors Light every time he said something stupid! I ought not to drink so much!

Originally Posted by road kill
    RUDE!!

rk

No...typical....

kg

Some whiiiine with that cheese, boys?

FWIW while not impressed with BHO's SOU, I did enjoy when he called the SCOTUS on the carpet. Priceless.

JD
    Your definition of "Whine?"

I called someone out (who claims to be nuetral) for calling an ex-President of the United States "stupid!"

Show me the list of things he stated in his last SotU address that would qualify as "stupid" or was dnf "whining" because he didn't like what was said?

Lots of things I don't like in the world.....doesn't make them "stupid."

That was just RUDE!!

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    As noted before on this forum one man's observation may be another man's whine.

A little arrogance by the President should not be considered such a bad thing. After all, he is expected to lead...not follow.
    When is going to start?
    Did you really expect that his first SOU would be apologetic? Done it all over the world

Although, he did seem to do a little of that too.

All and all, I found his speech to be unremarkable, and much like the speechs of his predecessors. Full of the high and mighty, but with little true promise.
    The status quo will remain...like it or not. Glad the telepromter worked tonight

I'm not a fan of Obama, I just haven't been presented with any other alternative...Ya Know???

JD
    No KoolAide for ME REGARDS
    Just Win

His speech was predictable and forgettable. Strong on rhetoric, soft of security, blame others, offer solutions that cost billions he doesn't have.

What's new?

fp
    www.BayouMagicRetrievers.com
    FC AFC Wing Magic's Louisiana Roux MH "Roux"
    Bayou Magic's Rouxster Bleu QAA "Bleu"
    Bayou Magic's Dave Robicheaux QAA "Burke"
    Bayou Magic's Cletus Purcell (Knucklehead Puppy)

"Never let the fear of striking out get in your way." -- George Herman Ruth

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    the partisanship shown during the speech where part (mostly Repubs) did not stand and give BHO a standing ovation is just a reflection of how divided this country is.

its crazy how he chastizes the very financial institutions that help fund his election, and admonishes the very Congress that the country needs to pass legislation.

Bottom line he is back in campaign mode blaming everyone else but taking no responsibility in the failure of the American public to embrace his agenda

Seems to me that is what always goes on in SOU's.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Sounded much like campaign rhetoric to me. However, for the more specific statements he made, this time he should have "inside" information on whether the goals can be met. If those items do not occur, then the responsibility remains firmly at his feet.

Was it my imagination or did the Gov of VA seem to get more enthusiasm for his remarks than the Pres?
    G.Clinchy@gmail.com
    "Know in your heart that all things are possible. We couldn't conceive of a miracle if none ever happened." -Libby Fudim

​I don't use the PM feature, so just email me direct at the address shown above.

How about... (paraphrased) "I am freezing all discretionary spending... except defense, medicare, and social security...next year (lots of laughter from the audience)... because that is how budgets work."

I have never heard such laughter during a SOU speech. I about fell off my chair when he said it and was then all indignant when people laughed.