The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Gun Dog Broker
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Will DOW dip below 10K again

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

It is going to be hard to have a strong currency with the new budget bho has presented. If our credit rating is dropped you can bet the currency will not be stronger

http://www.dailyfinance.com/story/co...back/19205457/

http://stevenmcollins.com/WordPress/?p=1527
    Last edited by badbullgator; 02-04-2010 at 10:13 AM.
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Last time I looked we had a AAA rating by S&P

Currency valuation is a function of other currencies and their underlying country's monetary policis....Fisher developed a model at The University of Chicago, my alma mater, call the Fisher Model. It measures inflation in a currency by establishing real interest rates have to be the same for everyone and the difference in the currency's rate of return is inflation...so far example, our fed increases the fed fund rate and the rest of the world does not, our money increase in value relative to the other currencies...same goes for if a major currency's fed rasies fed funds and we don't our currency loses value.

This isn't politics...it just too hard to spin fact...but I assure you those trading currencies have this little model handy.

Again...Beck's IQ can't handle this math...And Rush would struggle with it given his brain is saturated with Oxicodine

somewhere between Boca Grande and Nova Scotia

who is talking about glen beck? Never watched or listened to him, but thanks so much for giving me credit.....it is very clear you are the only one here who knows anything
    I never said we did not have a AAA rating, what I said was we are clearly in danger or having that rating dropped to AA. If beck or limbaugh said that I would not know and the links i posted were from not from fox news, glen beck or rush.
    Can think for myself regardless of your expert opinion regards
    Views and opinions expressed herein by Badbullgator do not necessarily represent the policies or position of RTF. RTF and all of it's subsidiaries can not be held liable for the off centered humor and politically incorrect comments of the author.
    Corey Burke

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    Ask yourself this question...if I don't buy stocks what do I buy?
    Grocery list

1. Milk
    2. Eggs
    3. Bread
    4. Mason Jars
    5. Shovels

Last time I looked we had a AAA rating by S&P

Currency valuation is a function of other currencies and their underlying country's monetary policis....Fisher developed a model at The University of Chicago, my alma mater, call the Fisher Model. It measures inflation in a currency by establishing real interest rates have to be the same for everyone and the difference in the currency's rate of return is inflation...so far example, our fed increases the fed fund rate and the rest of the world does not, our money increase in value relative to the other currencies...same goes for if a major currency's fed rasies fed funds and we don't our currency loses value.

This isn't politics...it just too hard to spin fact...but I assure you those trading currencies have this little model handy.

Again...Beck's IQ can't handle this math...And Rush would struggle with it given his brain is saturated with Oxicodine

Apparently a Yardley wannabe
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Make up your mind...do you want a strong currency or not.

FYI Bernackee (sp?) was reconfirmed last week

Fed funds at 25 bps..sounds monertariest to me

I little bit of advise here...don't let the nysayers scare you away from this market....its just taking a breather as bank regulation is hammered out and we get through 1st quarter earnings.

Ask yourself this question...if I don't buy stocks what do I buy? Bonds? Not a good ideal if you think rates are rising; Money Markets? rate does not cover the bank fees....Remember the only thing that matters is the liquidity and what is it chasing...That politician in MASS has nothing to do with it....but it does make good spin that the market doesn't like him

How can we miss, now that the oracle of I-HOP has weighed in. Is this your 'professional' view?

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

IT's down to 10023 right now. I bet it closes under 10,000. The DUMMOCRATS in the house of reps just voted to increase the debt ceiling again by 2 TRILLION.

Yes it will

We live in Cuba now.

Ask yourself this question...if I don't buy stocks what do I buy? Bonds? Not a good ideal if you think rates are rising; Money Markets?
    Nothing wrong with a Money Market account and much better than losing money. I wouldn't touch the stock market with a 100 foot pole right now.

I've never lost money in Real Estate. From raw land to rental property, now is a great time to buy!
    Last edited by Franco; 02-04-2010 at 03:13 PM.
    The Libertarian Party believes that all persons are entitled to keep the fruits of their labor. A call for the repeal of the income tax, abolishment of the Internal Revenue Service and all federal programs and services not required under the U.S. Constitution. We support the passage of a "Balanced Budget Amendment" to the U.S. Constitution, provided that the budget is balanced exclusively by cutting expenditures, and not by raising taxes. LP.org

I've been waiting for this big correction in the first quarter. I wouldn't be surprised if it gets down to 8500. The market is a joke with artificial pumping.
    A lot of people are afraid of heights. Not me, I'm afraid of widths.