The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Unprecedented cheap shot and lack of class

Default Unprecedented cheap shot and lack of class

It is long and well established that members of the judiciary do not make public utterances or arguments. For this reason, they are essentially defenseless. President Obama should know this because he's an attorney.

President Obama lowered himself last night. Whether you agree or disagree with him or the Court in their recent decision, what he said about the Court was an absolute cheap shot. The Rep who called him a liar was out of bounds. However, that action pales compared to this. I don't know that a President has ever criticised the Court in a public forum such as last night.

Amongst anything else said about the President, he's a public bully.

Don't know what they can do except not come next time.

Eric

Obama is desperate. He has come to realize that he is in way over his head.

The question is; How to we minimize the damage he is creating in the present & future? Can we afford 4 years of this administration?
    "Well, when I went off to college, the guys I used to hang with were pumping gas and voting Democrat. Today they're still pumping gas and voting Democrat. Guess the Democrats didn't do much for them." Charles Barkley

SCOTUS always gets the last laugh, because when they make a ruling, thats it...you either make a new amendment or try a new law...I still believe that Obama THINKS he knows more about constitutional law because of his stint teaching it at a university level..I also think the media has blown the ruling way out of context, I am no legal eagle but I think it just overturned McCain-Feingold which had so many loopholes that PAC 's exploited to the fullest...
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Someone posted this on another site
    http://www.politico.com/blogs/politi...ie_moment.html
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    It is long and well established that members of the judiciary do not make public utterances or arguments. For this reason, they are essentially defenseless. President Obama should know this because he's an attorney.

President Obama lowered himself last night. Whether you agree or disagree with him or the Court in their recent decision, what he said about the Court was an absolute cheap shot. The Rep who called him a liar was out of bounds. However, that action pales compared to this. I don't know that a President has ever criticised the Court in a public forum such as last night.

Amongst anything else said about the President, he's a public bully.

Don't know what they can do except not come next time.

Eric
    Yes, and as is apparent in the quote below, he beat them senseless while they lay helplessly before him. If criticizing a Court opinion amounts to bullying, that must explain why all those comments over the years concerning Roe v Wade, the abuses of the Warren Court, etc., were spoken with such quiet respect..

Obama's abusive rant against the Court:

"With all due deference to separation of powers, last week the Supreme Court reversed a century of law that I believe will open the floodgates for special interests -- including foreign corporations -- to spend without limit in our elections. (Applause.) I don't think American elections should be bankrolled by America's most powerful interests, or worse, by foreign entities. (Applause.) They should be decided by the American people. And I'd urge Democrats and Republicans to pass a bill that helps to correct some of these problems."

Vile, shameful, bullying words indeed.... Odd that he didn't even say that the decision was wrong, just that legislation was needed to prevent a negative impact.

Well....

The decision didn't overturn McCain-Feingold, merely parts of it.

The decision clearly didn't overturn "100 years" of election law. President Obama was referring to a law passed in about 1906-8 that made it illegal for corporations to directly contribute to campaigns. That law wasn't touched.

Eric

His tactics are striaght ouf of the Hugo Chavez playbook.

What's next...night of the long knives, Obama style?

We live in Cuba now.

Quote Originally Posted by achiro View Post
    Someone posted this on another site
    http://www.politico.com/blogs/politi...ie_moment.html
    in reading the Politico story, I am struck by their misquote of what the President actually said in that section of the speech.

Politico quotes Obama as saying: "Last week, the Supreme Court reversed a century of law to open the floodgates for special interests including foreign corporations to spend without limit in our elections."

The actual quote was: "With all due deference to separation of powers, last week the Supreme Court reversed a century of law that I believe will open the floodgates for special interests -- including foreign corporations -- to spend without limit in our elections."

The bolded text are the parts they left out, and the red text in the Politico statement is text that they inserted. I believe the misquote was designed to make it appear that the President was attacking the integrity of the Court's decision. You can check the video linked in their story to hear what the President actually said. My quote came from the official transcript distributed prior to the speech and I did verify it against the actual for this quote.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    in reading the Politico story, I am struck by their misquote of what the President actually said in that section of the speech.

Politico quotes Obama as saying: "Last week, the Supreme Court reversed a century of law to open the floodgates for special interests including foreign corporations to spend without limit in our elections."

The actual quote was: "With all due deference to separation of powers, last week the Supreme Court reversed a century of law that I believe will open the floodgates for special interests -- including foreign corporations -- to spend without limit in our elections."

The bolded text are the parts they left out, and the red text in the Politico statement is text that they inserted. I believe the misquote was designed to make it appear that the President was attacking the integrity of the Court's decision. You can check the video linked in their story to hear what the President actually said. My quote came from the official transcript distributed prior to the speech and I did verify it against the actual for this quote.
    I didn't even read the article, just watched the video, and I assume what the prez said is what he said.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Johnson View Post
    Well....

The decision didn't overturn McCain-Feingold, merely parts of it.

The decision clearly didn't overturn "100 years" of election law. President Obama was referring to a law passed in about 1906-8 that made it illegal for corporations to directly contribute to campaigns. That law wasn't touched.

Eric
    I actually agree with you on the substance of what the decision did. I don't see a century of precedents overturned either. The issue I had was your characterization of the President's speech as a form of low class bullying of a defenseless Supreme Court.

Of course, that is nothing compared with Goose's nonsensical efforts to suggest something Nazi-like and totalitarian about the speech. I'd love to know what tactics Obama used in his speech that "are striaght ouf of the Hugo Chavez playbook." Goose, I know you are geographically challenged (No, you are NOT in Cuba now), but your post suggests a completely different form of mental challenge that might warrant some clinical attention.