The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Unprecedented cheap shot and lack of class

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    exactly - the guy has been praised as the "annointed one" so long he believes it. even pop songs "i have a crush on Obama" (although she is changing her tune as well... )
    Who is it that has referred to Obama as the "Annointed One?" I have never heard this from Democrats or Obama supporters. The Annointed One and Messiah references have come from his opponents, and is certainly not meant as praise.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Who is it that has referred to Obama as the "Annointed One?" I have never heard this from Democrats or Obama supporters. The Annointed One and Messiah references have come from his opponents, and is certainly not meant as praise.
    I think the term "Annointed One" is not so much about President Obama as it is about those of YOU who have "Annointed" him!!

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

What particular entitlements is Obama a product of? Are you referring to his academic performance when you say his C's have been made into A's? What messes have been tidied up for him?

How is this MESS working out for you??

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...911_terro.html

Acorn got "tidy'd up for him.

I got more...............

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

Yeah right, and his opponents created the idol painting of him in Jesus robes that one of your fellow liberals had on here as his avatar.

Even those of you that inhale his jenkem have to admit he'd never have gotten in Harvard if he was a white, documented U.S. citizen, much less won the democratic nomination.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I think the term "Annointed One" is not so much about President Obama as it is about those of YOU who have "Annointed" him!!

rk
    Actually, it seems to be used most often as a snide, sarcastic comment intended to belittle Obama. As far as I’m concerned, I have not “anointed” anyone as anything. Perhaps, it would be smarter to actually ask someone what they think before attributing a mind set to them.

Obama said during the campaign that he was the one we have been waiting for...and that the sea levels would start to recede. Maybe he believes his own BS...
    Bill Davis

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post
    Yeah right, and his opponents created the idol painting of him in Jesus robes that one of your fellow liberals had on here as his avatar.

Even those of you that inhale his jenkem have to admit he'd never have gotten in Harvard if he was a white, documented U.S. citizen, much less won the democratic nomination.
    Juli,

Care to share your evidence? Being passionate, articulate, and intelligent, combined with coming from an economically challenged background, is a pretty good recipe for admission to Harvard, Princeton or Yale regardless of skin color.

Quote Originally Posted by Julie R. View Post

Julie,

First, I don’t consider myself as a liberal or conservative. I do not subscribe to the rhetoric of either ideology. I prefer to think for myself. Depending on the issue, my opinions may fall on side or the other, or somewhere in between. So, what someone else used as an avatar has nothing to do with me, and probably not much to do with what most other people are thinking. If that avatar had been adopted as a symbol of a “pro-Obama” movement, it would have much more relevance. However, it has not.

Are you actually saying Obama only got into Harvard because he is black? That’s crazy! Aren’t the overwhelming majority of the students at Harvard white? How did they get in? Contrary to what you believe, being black in America has never been an advantage! The fact is, Obama won the Democratic nomination and the presidency in spite of being black, not because of it.

Besides, why do you see the issue of race as relevant to this discussion?

Quote Originally Posted by huntinman View Post
    Obama said during the campaign that he was the one we have been waiting for...and that the sea levels would start to recede. Maybe he believes his own BS...
    Hasn't every president said they are the one we have been waiting for? Which one of the former presidents campaigned on the premise that America really doesn't need a president like them?

Again, just like the messiah and anointed one comments that are attributed to Obama, where are you getting the "sea levels would start to recede." comments. I certainly never heard Obama say anything like that.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    How is this MESS working out for you??

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/ny_c...911_terro.html

Acorn got "tidy'd up for him.

I got more...............

rk
    It appears the venue of the trial is being changed because of concerns over how it will impact the City of NY. Obviously, the administration did not anticipate the possible disruption to local business. So, they decided to move the trial. Does that constitute a mess?

Obviously, the Reverend Wright “mess” was not tidied up. You’re still talking about it this forum. This is not the first time a president has been tied to radical, race based religious figures. What about Reagan’s association with Jones University (or, Bush’s association with them for that matter). Were those “tidied” up for them?

The “ugly Bill Ayers thing” was never a real mess. It was trumped up, and blown out of proportion to begin with. There never was any real association between Obama and Ayers. They knew each other, and their paths crossed on a few occasions, but that was it.

What if, or was, Obama’s real involvement with ACORN? I have heard a lot of accusations from Obama opponent, but never any proof of his support or activism on their behalf.

So, if you have more, let’s hear it. But, please make sure they are real.