The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Unprecedented cheap shot and lack of class

Looks like we have another lefty that calls himself an independent. you should fit in well with the other "independents" on this forum. Why is it that no one will admit to being a liberal democrat?
    Last edited by duckheads; 01-29-2010 at 03:02 PM.
    CPR HRCH Scott's Sweet Brandy
    Kankakee River HRC
    NRA Life Member
    Pheasants Forever
    Delta Waterfowl

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    It appears the venue of the trial is being changed because of concerns over how it will impact the City of NY. Obviously, the administration did not anticipate the possible disruption to local business. That the Obama administration didn't anticipate that disruption doesn't scare you?!? Hell, people on this forum were pointing that out immediately after the decision was announced. Does it not give you pause that there's a boatload of other issues they likely didn't consider before making that brain-dead decision to try terrorists in US criminal court? So, they decided to move the trial. Does that constitute a mess?
    -----
    The “ugly Bill Ayers thing” was never a real mess. It was trumped up, and blown out of proportion to begin with. There never was any real association between Obama and Ayers. They knew each other, and their paths crossed on a few occasions, but that was it. You're seriously misinformed and parrotting moveon.org pap. The notion that Ayers was, to Obama, "just some guy in the neighborhood" has pretty much become a debunked laughingstock. You should look into their relationship a little bit more before you hang your credibility on statements like the above.

What if, or was, Obama’s real involvement with ACORN? I have heard a lot of accusations from Obama opponent, but never any proof of his support or activism on their behalf. You mean other than working as an attorney for Acorn or Obama paying Acorn $830k for get-out-the-vote work in the last campaign? Don't be afraid of Google. It won't bite.

So, if you have more, let’s hear it. But, please make sure they are real.
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by david gibson View Post
    exactly - the guy has been praised as the "annointed one" so long he believes it. even pop songs "i have a crush on Obama" (although she is changing her tune as well... )
    Yup, even Obama girl said she probably wouldn't vote for Obama again.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Quote Originally Posted by duckheads View Post
    Looks like we have another lefty that calls himself an independent. you should fit in well with the other "independents" on this forum. Why is it that no one will admit to being a liberal democrat?
    I think you highlight the reason John McCain is still a senator, and Obama is President. The right wing spends so much energy placing labels on others, while narrowly defining who and what is acceptable to their camp, that they don't recognize that MANY of those you are calling names like "RINO" used to vote republican. You can take that advice from a former republican....or you can just call me more cute little names and thump your chests in front of the TV screen watching Fox news.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Blackstone View Post
    Julie,

First, I don’t consider myself as a liberal or conservative. I do not subscribe to the rhetoric of either ideology. I prefer to think for myself. Depending on the issue, my opinions may fall on side or the other, or somewhere in between. So, what someone else used as an avatar has nothing to do with me, and probably not much to do with what most other people are thinking. If that avatar had been adopted as a symbol of a “pro-Obama” movement, it would have much more relevance. However, it has not.

Are you actually saying Obama only got into Harvard because he is black? That’s crazy! Aren’t the overwhelming majority of the students at Harvard white? How did they get in? Contrary to what you believe, being black in America has never been an advantage! The fact is, Obama won the Democratic nomination and the presidency in spite of being black, not because of it.

Besides, why do you see the issue of race as relevant to this discussion?
    exactly - race is NOT relevant. heck - the guy is a light-skinned black, and doesn't talk like a "homey" unless he wants to. and geee - we all forgot he was black for an hour the other night.

wow - there it goes again - another chill up my leg!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    You can take that advice from a former republican....
    Out of curiosity, what event/timeframe caused you to determine that the GOP no longer represented your political views?
    I'll take the river down to still water and ride a pack of dogs.

Quote Originally Posted by Hew View Post
    Out of curiosity, what event/timeframe caused you to determine that the GOP no longer represented your political views?
    Ironically, about the same time I could have really benefitted from republican tax cuts personally, but saw what damage was being done to the country to favor the "good 'ol boys" network of defense contractors with $600 toilet seats for airplanes, and the $200 hammers. But hey, that was Reagan, it's ok!

Bush I, having to eat his words, had the sense to do what was fiscally responsible at the time, and reverse the trend of increasing deficit spending that Reagan started.

Also, as I was in a dorm room listening to a young arrogant republican (who was receiving more state and federal grants and low-interest loans than I could count) blasting away at Clinton for spending programs, including education spending, and realized the arrogance and hypocrisy that I still see to this day.

Maybe if I become owner or a significant shareholder in a major corporation, I will return to being a republican. Until then, neither the republicans or democrats have anything to offer me. The dems are in bed with trial lawyers who rape the medical system with no fear of "legal malpractice". The republicans had 8 years to do something about it, and didn't lift a finger. (thankfully, several states took it upon themselves)
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

because as Hillary said during the campaign...she is a progressive

same thing on the right, Republican , thanks to the last administration has become a hated label, so the new hip term is ...conservative...or in my case Libertarian
    All my Exes live in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by lanse brown View Post
    A few things that I learned still ring true. "Lanse when you get a gift, say thank you and walk away. When you get a screwing walk away. You are going to get a lot more screwings than gifts"

Quote Originally Posted by BonMallari View Post
    because as Hillary said during the campaign...she is a progressive

same thing on the right, Republican , thanks to the last administration has become a hated label, so the new hip term is ...conservative...or in my case Libertarian
    If you go far enough to the right everyone looks like a lefty. It takes rational moderates a little bit of time to adjust to the relatively extreme perspective of many on this forum.

Well, you can try to label me if that makes you feel better (obviously, you know me better than I know myself). It really doesn't matter to me. I'm not really trying to fit into any category.