The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Roeder's Justified Murder Defense

Default Roeder's Justified Murder Defense

With all the complaints about the possibility of terrorists being allowed to proclaim their ideology if given the platform of a trial, why are the same complainers saying nothing about Scott Roeder being permitted to argue that the murder of Dr. George Tiller was justified to prevent Tiller from performing additional legal abortions? If it is appropriate to permit Roeder to present this argument, isn't it equally appropriate for terrorists to present a defense arguing that their actions are justified?

No!

There is a huge difference between Islamic terrorist wanting to blow up as many people as they can and giving them rights that Americans are given as well as an international media platform to spew thier hate and a cold-blooded murderer that happens to be a U S citizen.

To all the above; Hang 'em high!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Unless you rewrite the Constitution, the right of due process and trial by jury are not a rights of citizenship, they are rights of anyone being charged with a crime in the United States. That is an issue that has been adjudicated repeatedly and is cleared "settled" law. That is not true for all rights. In some cases, such as rights to vote, the rights are restricted to citizens. But that is not the case for our justice system. By the way, not all terrorists are foreigners.

Roeder is a fruitcake Jeff.

Terrorists proclaiming war on the United States of America belong in military court. Jihad is exactly what these islamic nutjobs are doing, a threat to our nation, whether they be foreign or home grown. Pretty sure Roeder and his loony ilk have proclaimed war on abortion doctors, not the USA.

[quote=YardleyLabs;558614]Unless you rewrite the Constitution, the right of due process and trial by jury are not a rights of citizenship, they are rights of anyone being charged with a crime in the United States. That is an issue that has been adjudicated repeatedly and is cleared "settled" law. That is not true for all rights. In some cases, such as rights to vote, the rights are restricted to citizens. But that is not the case for our justice system. By the way, not all terrorists are foreigners.[/quote

They should have never been charged in the United States. The fact that Obama wants to read them Maranda Rights is his folly. The Muslims should be dealt with by a Military Tribunal...then hanged!

How many millions (maybe over a billion) will it cost tax payers to defend the scum in the USA? As a tax payer, I want the Dems to quit wasting my money!
    It's time we abandon our party affiliations and rather than being good Dems or good Repubs we all become good Americans. MJH345

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    With all the complaints about the possibility of terrorists being allowed to proclaim their ideology if given the platform of a trial, why are the same complainers saying nothing about Scott Roeder being permitted to argue that the murder of Dr. George Tiller was justified to prevent Tiller from performing additional legal abortions? If it is appropriate to permit Roeder to present this argument, isn't it equally appropriate for terrorists to present a defense arguing that their actions are justified?
    Somehow, your view of this is not surprising to me. You need lots of believers in Christ to pray for your unGodly soul.

It's never hard for an atheist to also fall into the camp that finds in favor for the traitors of this nation. They think they are supporting fairness, and seldom see how unAmerican their views really are.

What you have just implied should be offensive to every citizen in this nation that has worn a uniform to defend what this nation stands for. Unfortunately, that also means we have to defend your right to issue that form of crap...but we don't have to stand by and not refute it.

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post

You need lots of believers in Christ to pray for your unGodly soul.
    UB, I find this just as unAmerican as what Yardley posted!

I know many Jews who fought in WW2, Korea, Vietnam and other conflicts. I know some awesome Americans that are Taoist and Hindu as well.

I have no problem with people wanting to pray! It's just when they think they need to pray for me or anyone else.

Thomas Jefferson was a Deist. I'm Agnostic and believe in freedom of religion and freedom from religion.

Quote Originally Posted by YardleyLabs View Post
    Uhh, where were the terrorists taken into custody and by who?
    Where was Roeder taken into custody and by who?

And, am I to understand that pro-life in your mind is the same as jihad?
    (not justifying the taking of a life by either!!!)

I see, they are identical situations, aren't they???

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

I'm wondering what kind of mind it takes to even remotely compare the two first of all since there is no comparison.
    second of all, I've never heard anyone but loons say that what roeder did was ok.
    "The thing I admire about the rat tail is that it takes commitment. It's not like one day you just decide you want one, you have to grow out that bad boy and you have to repeatedly convince the hairdresser to trust you because it's a great idea."

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    UB, I find this just as unAmerican as what Yardley posted!

I know many Jews who fought in WW2, Korea, Vietnam and other conflicts. I know some awesome Americans that are Taoist and Hindu as well.

I have no problem with people wanting to pray! It's just when they think they need to pray for me or anyone else.

Thomas Jefferson was a Deist. I'm Agnostic and believe in freedom of religion and freedom from religion.

I would never think of praying for you Franco. You, after all have your saints....who could ask for anything more?

UB
    When the one you love becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure.