The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A little Transparency at last

Default A little Transparency at last

President Obama meet yesterday with the the Republican leaders and some of their members. What was striking to me at least was the ease that Obama had (In most cases) in refuting and dismantling the Republican objections to his policys. At one point one of the Republicans stated that their solution to the health care policy would have cost one half as much and provide twice the benefits that the Democrats presented. I have heard this many times from the Republicans but think about it Why would the president not go that route if it was true? Simply it is not based on fact.
    Now at one point he dodged a question about discretionary spending that I think needs to be addressed but generally I thought he exposed what the Republicans are and that is a party who has no interest in working with him and are out-rightly deceitful with their claims.

Stan b & Elvis

Maybe the GOP doesn't want any part of the Dems and Obama's legislation and wasteful spending. Let the Dems take complete ownership so when they fail, the failure can be linked directly to the Dems policies. I think the GOP is doing all it can in keeping the Dems in check and not letting them do greater financial damage.
    Changing the Presidential Debates to allow Liberty on the stage will change America. You can help. Go to Our America's Debate Challenge to learn how you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    I read the article not sure what you are getting at.
    What are you disputing?

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post

Why would I want to read what this guy has to say when I could watch the thing unedited and without comment on C-span?

Question. Did Obama use a tele-prompter during the event?+
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    At one point one of the Republicans stated that their solution to the health care policy would have cost one half as much and provide twice the benefits that the Democrats presented.
    Gee, they had 8 years to do something. If they REALLY had such a wonderful solution to all our healthcare problems, and didn't pass it, I guess they just don't give a crap about the rest of us. You know, us guys and gals that are paying for THEIR benefits. They had no trouble passing tax cuts for the upper crust, warrantless wiretapping, and starting an unjust and unpopular war. What happened to this wonderful health care plan they allegedly have? Or are they referring to that one-page bullet list that had NO numbers, NO funding, and NO implementation plan? Yeah, that's a good one.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Gee, they had 8 years to do something. If they REALLY had such a wonderful solution to all our healthcare problems, and didn't pass it, I guess they just don't give a crap about the rest of us. You know, us guys and gals that are paying for THEIR benefits. They had no trouble passing tax cuts for the upper crust, warrantless wiretapping, and starting an unjust and unpopular war. What happened to this wonderful health care plan they allegedly have? Or are they referring to that one-page bullet list that had NO numbers, NO funding, and NO implementation plan? Yeah, that's a good one.
    They were talking about HR 3400. Info here:

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h3400/show

Text of the bill here:

http://www.opencongress.org/bill/111-h3400/text

Obama claimed that he had read the bill. His comment was (paraphrasing), if I could get a bill that would give twice the benefits for half the cost, why wouldn't I take it?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Cool

If he keeps this up nothing will be transparent except his broken policies.

State Dept. official admits Obama 'violated' campaign promises on no-bid contracts in awarding $25M to company owned by Dem donor for work in Afghanistan.

I guess the good ole boy network is okay for him. So much for changing the way business in Washington is handled.
    Huntsman Tollers
    Matt & Julie Martin

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Why can't people quit bitchin' about the last (fill in the blank) years and focus on what these (fill in the blank) idiots are trying to do now. It's all a bunch of bull shit. We don't need any fast trains, health care reform (if it ain't broke, don't fix it). No stimulus deals that apparently don't do anything. Quit bitching. No "deals" for states or unions. No miranda rights for those who do not have those rights. Quit protecting attorneys. Stop being afraid of saying what you think. Give me a break1
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

You realize of course that ya'll are arguing for losers on both sides. Think about how pathetic it is to root for a team that makes promises and has "ideas" but doesn't deliver anything. That's what both parties are. I'm just as disgusted with the Republicans as I am the Democrats. At least I expect it from the Dems.
    I consider myself fiscally conservative and socially somewhat libertarian. Oftentimes the Republicans talk about the ideals that I believe in, but very rarely deliver. Why? Because individual and party power are more important to 90% of them than anything else. Same applies to the other side.
    Here's something to think about. Reagan's illegal immigration policies are a huge part of why we have the issues we have with illegal immigration. Slick Willy signed probably the most effective pieces of welfare reform legislation ever. My point is that people on either side do good things and bad things and nothing positive is going to happen as long as we pigeonhole people and treat our political system as if it were a football game. When "my side" had control, the country was headed in the wrong direction. When "thier side" won, it kept going, only faster. If you stop listening to other people who tell you how to think and really look at what's going on, you will see that there is lots of difference between what the Repubs and the Dems SAY, but very little difference in what they actually DO.
    Matt McKenzie

It takes as long as it takes. Sometimes longer.

"It is better to own a $50,000 dog and have an old truck and crummy equipment than to own $50,000 worth of new equipment and a crummy dog..." EdA