The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: A little Transparency at last

[QUOTE=M&K's Retrievers;560598]
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntsmanTollers View Post
    The left on this board will not acknowledge the Dems and Barney Frank's refusal to address Fannie and Freddie's problems.

Damn the torpedos, full steam ahead regards...

Bush wasn't guilty of the financial deregulation that happened in the '90s. Both parties are complicit in that travesty. So are a few people that are close to Obama.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

[QUOTE=Buzz;560634]
    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post

Bush wasn't guilty of the financial deregulation that happened in the '90s. Both parties are complicit in that travesty. So are a few people that are close to Obama.
    But as I understand it, Bush called attention to the problems with Freddie and Fannie only to be told to butt up a rope by Franks and his compadres.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Banned

[quote=M&K's Retrievers;561105]
    Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post

But as I understand it, Bush called attention to the problems with Freddie and Fannie only to be told to butt up a rope by Franks and his compadres.
    What happened to the righties for "less government control?" The republicans are for deregulation aren't they, unless of course it suits their needs for more government control.

[QUOTE=Roger Perry;561146]
    Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post

What happened to the righties for "less government control?" The republicans are for deregulation aren't they, unless of course it suits their needs for more government control.
    Less government control would have been no requirements by Freddie and Fannie forcing lending institutions to make loans they shouldn't have in the first place.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    You realize of course that ya'll are arguing for losers on both sides. Think about how pathetic it is to root for a team that makes promises and has "ideas" but doesn't deliver anything. That's what both parties are. I'm just as disgusted with the Republicans as I am the Democrats. At least I expect it from the Dems.
    I consider myself fiscally conservative and socially somewhat libertarian. Oftentimes the Republicans talk about the ideals that I believe in, but very rarely deliver. Why? Because individual and party power are more important to 90% of them than anything else. Same applies to the other side.
    Here's something to think about. Reagan's illegal immigration policies are a huge part of why we have the issues we have with illegal immigration. Slick Willy signed probably the most effective pieces of welfare reform legislation ever. My point is that people on either side do good things and bad things and nothing positive is going to happen as long as we pigeonhole people and treat our political system as if it were a football game. When "my side" had control, the country was headed in the wrong direction. When "thier side" won, it kept going, only faster. If you stop listening to other people who tell you how to think and really look at what's going on, you will see that there is lots of difference between what the Repubs and the Dems SAY, but very little difference in what they actually DO.

That right there is probably the truest thing ever written in POTUS place!

[QUOTE=M&K's Retrievers;561148]
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Perry View Post

Less government control would have been no requirements by Freddie and Fannie forcing lending institutions to make loans they shouldn't have in the first place.
    Shhhhh...don't burst his bubble. That is in NO way responsible for the mess we are in... Wasn't that 1992?

Bush wasn't prez in '92 regards,