The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: A little Transparency at last

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    Why can't people quit bitchin' about the last (fill in the blank) years and focus on what these (fill in the blank) idiots are trying to do now. It's all a bunch of bull shit. We don't need any fast trains, health care reform (if it ain't broke, don't fix it). No stimulus deals that apparently don't do anything. Quit bitching. No "deals" for states or unions. No miranda rights for those who do not have those rights. Quit protecting attorneys. Stop being afraid of saying what you think. Give me a break1
    If you think I would be protecting attorneys, you're from another planet! The reason I'm still bitchin' is because I'm still payin', as will my kids and grandkids! You can't expect to run up trillions of dollars in unpaid bills, have NOTHING to show for it except near-collapse of the economy, and have people "just get over it". If we forget, we may really screw up and put those same people back in power! Bad enough as it is....Obama is really just another Bush as far as I can see. Massive debt, expansion of gov't power, and complete sell-out to the corporations. Same ol'....
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by Hookset View Post
    You realize of course that ya'll are arguing for losers on both sides. Think about how pathetic it is to root for a team that makes promises and has "ideas" but doesn't deliver anything. That's what both parties are. I'm just as disgusted with the Republicans as I am the Democrats. At least I expect it from the Dems.
    I consider myself fiscally conservative and socially somewhat libertarian. Oftentimes the Republicans talk about the ideals that I believe in, but very rarely deliver. Why? Because individual and party power are more important to 90% of them than anything else. Same applies to the other side.
    Here's something to think about. Reagan's illegal immigration policies are a huge part of why we have the issues we have with illegal immigration. Slick Willy signed probably the most effective pieces of welfare reform legislation ever. My point is that people on either side do good things and bad things and nothing positive is going to happen as long as we pigeonhole people and treat our political system as if it were a football game. When "my side" had control, the country was headed in the wrong direction. When "thier side" won, it kept going, only faster. If you stop listening to other people who tell you how to think and really look at what's going on, you will see that there is lots of difference between what the Repubs and the Dems SAY, but very little difference in what they actually DO.
    I couldn't agree with you more. This system of having politicians controlled by lobbyists is just not working.

Quote Originally Posted by cotts135 View Post
    I couldn't agree with you more. This system of having politicians controlled by lobbyists is just not working.
    Nor is the system of a priveleged group that can vote themselves raises and lavish taxpayer-funded health care packages determining what's best for the rest of us. ALL of the government should be bound to the health care decisions they're trying to cram down the rest of us.

At this point I think Obama is clinically dilusional. He really believes he is the greatest thing this country has seen for a leader since sliced bread. I totally hope he implodes while lecturing Americans that are just not getting his view of life for all of us, but not until we get rid of the all the dead meat, good ole boys club whatever in congress and the senate, and get someone in there that has the balls to propose some real tort reform, get rid of the pork, the lobbysits, and show us what real transparency is and not just talk about it.
    Last edited by ErinsEdge; 01-31-2010 at 08:29 AM.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Why would I want to read what this guy has to say when I could watch the thing unedited and without comment on C-span?

Question. Did Obama use a tele-prompter during the event?+
    My point was that from what I have read and seen this was not a "kumbaya" moment.

I also agree with ErinsEdge.......this guy is having some clinical issues dealing with the stress and loneliness he laments.

This could get interesting.

***I just saw Frank Luntz on FOX say he did NOT use a teleprompter***

rk
    Last edited by road kill; 01-31-2010 at 09:02 AM.
    Stan b & Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by ErinsEdge View Post

At this point I think Obama is clinically dilusional.
    Liberalism is a mental disorder!

He needs to be watched closley and kept in check. Not sure if Zyprexa would help his condition.
    It's such a shame that in the USA, defending Liberty has become such a heroic deed.

Bet he's smoking more. Maybe he's having a Chandix moment giving a 70 minute speech and his pain was wanting a drag.
    Nancy P

"We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made." M.Facklam

The republicans don't have an obligation to support anything this sorry president does. Why should they? Remember his "I won and I will trump you" remark to republicans last year? Let me translate that..."Hey republicans! I don't need you so F U, too" Why the republicans would allow this guy to lecture them is beyond me. They should all hope he fails...and he's doing a good job it.

Obama's popularity continues to sink faster than whale turd which is where it should be. Most thinking Americans now realize that he doesn't have a leadership gene in his entire body and he's simply an agitator and narcissist. But if anything he's arrogant and arrogance will destroy everything in its path.

And if anybody really wants to improve the healthcare problems we face then tell the government to get the hell out of it. Big government screws up everything it touches and always will. Just see what happens to the social security program over the next 5 years...another fine example of what big government is capable of doing to us. What a disaster.

We live in Cuba now.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    The republicans don't have an obligation to support anything this sorry president does. Why should they? Remember his "I won and I will trump you" remark to republicans last year? Let me translate that..."Hey republicans! I don't need you so F U, too" Why the republicans would allow this guy to lecture them is beyond me. They should all hope he fails...and he's doing a good job it.

Obama's popularity continues to sink faster than whale turd which is where it should be. Most thinking Americans now realize that he doesn't have a leadership gene in his entire body and he's simply an agitator and narcissist. But if anything he's arrogant and arrogance will destroy everything in its path.

And if anybody really wants to improve the healthcare problems we face then tell the government to get the hell out of it. Big government screws up everything it touches and always will. Just see what happens to the social security program over the next 5 years...another fine example of what big government is capable of doing to us. What a disaster.

We live in Cuba now.
    There were more republican amendments put into the house and senate versions of the health reform bill than all concessions to democrats in the past 8 years combined. This is the first attempt at bipartisan governing I can recall. It is also the reason he has gotten nowhere with an obstructionist minority. They've as much as said so themselves.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    There were more republican amendments put into the house and senate versions of the health reform bill than all concessions to democrats in the past 8 years combined. This is the first attempt at bipartisan governing I can recall. It is also the reason he has gotten nowhere with an obstructionist minority. They've as much as said so themselves.
    I don't care who added what or when......the bottom line......it is a BAD plan!!

rk
    Stan b & Elvis