The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Peace!!!

Quote Originally Posted by road kill View Post
    That's all great, not sure how deep your end is.....BUT....wasn't President Obama the one that was talking about leading the way to nuclear disarmament throughout the world??

" President Barack Obama is seeking increased funding for nuclear weapons research and security programs next year, even as his administration promotes nonproliferation and has pledged to reduce the world's stockpile of nuclear arms."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQx45ro_PT8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTB-LDWoETA

Kinda hard to follow this guy........things change awfully quick!!
    Guess it ain't all that deep after all if you have a short memory....huh??

rk
    Look this really IS rocket surgery (Lisa Van Loo, RTF, way back when...) we are talking about ...we have X nukes in the stockpile...it takes x3 money to support the stockplie. It stands to reason that x3 + Y money is going to be required to ensure the safety, security, reliability, and provide for the research and development to improve the stockpile while other weapons in the stockpile are being drawndown. The R&D would be for better, more efficient weapons AND cheaper, easier ways to dismantle and dispose of the old weapons. The outyear prospect is that we will have X-A nukes in the stockpile that will be safe, secure, and reliable into the future at a cost of x1 money.

By taking this approach, President Obama IS leading the way towards nuclear nonproliferation, counterterrorism, and disarmament.

I note with some sadness you didn't address the question I asked. Let me restate it simply and clearly for you:

What do you suggest as an alternative?

Again, YOU provide an effective alternative and I promise you, I will get it into Tom's hands.

From the Deep End Regards,

Joe S.
    Last edited by Joe S.; 02-02-2010 at 08:45 PM. Reason: i chant spel propertaly
    "Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage." - Anais Nin

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    I don't think there is a connection between military spending and the cost of prescriptions and medical equipment. But the fact is, we are subsidizing the rest of the world in these areas. It's not like we are the only ones under attack from terrorists, and it's not like military spending began the day after 9-11. Is there a possibility that other countries can afford their social programs and safety nets because we are subsidizing their lifestyle?
    Buzz,

With respect and not meaning to speak for my Good Friend KG, I think what KG may have been getting at was if we don't spend so much on defense, but kept the same tax rate, the money not spent on defense could be spent on health care.

But I've Been Wrong Lots Regards,

Joe S.

" President Barack Obama is seeking increased funding for nuclear weapons research and security programs next year, even as his administration promotes nonproliferation and has pledged to reduce the world's stockpile of nuclear arms."

rk
    Must these events necessarily be mutually exclusive?
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Buzz View Post
    Must these events necessarily be mutually exclusive?
    No, in fact, in the early part of the program they MUST be mutually INCLUSIVE, I think.

JMHDAO (Used by permission, K2 Inc.)

Realistic Regards,

Joe S.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe S. View Post
    Hummm….yeah…I know I should pass but …
    Have you stopped to consider the alternative? We let the stockpile degrade to the point that it becomes unreliable…then what? The weapons that we have used for 60 some years to keep us safe are now not safe in our backyard. Nor are they safe, God forbid, if we ever have to use them. Nuclear weapons are effective when the other side thinks you will use them and has a high degree of confidence that they will work as advertised. To let them decay doesn’t seem logical to me. Perhaps you can help me better understand…

OR

Would you rather we unilaterally turn our weapons over to the IAEA and dismantle the weapons labs. Is that what you would rather see happen? That doesn’t seem logical, nor sound defense policy to me. Perhaps you can help me better understand…

MAYBE

You would have us tailor out some of the money for...oh, let's see, research...no...development...no…security...yeah.. .security. Now we have nuclear weapons that are not as secure as they should be to prevent the ever changing and growing threat of unauthorized access, use or compromise. That doesn’t seem logical…take it from here…

PERHAPS

You would rather the scientific base developed to support the weapons program not exist or exist on the payroll of someone else. Think through that for a bit and let me know how many ways you can spell PROBLEM…take it from here…

Now this part I am serious about: Please, you solve the stockpile problem and post your answer here. I promise you I will get it into Mr. D’Agostino’s hands.

THIS Really is the Deep End of the Pool Regards,

Joe S.
    Thanks for the detailed synopsis Joe. Good to have you and your Avatar back.

Don Semple
    Just for the record I have very fine dogs. Some of the best in the whole country....or at least on my own block anyhow.

Look this really IS rocket surgery (Lisa Van Loo, RTF, way back when...) we are talking about ...we have X nukes in the stockpile...it takes x3 money to support the stockplie. It stands to reason that x3 + Y money is going to be required to ensure the safety, security, reliability, and provide for the research and development to improve the stockpile while other weapons in the stockpile are being drawndown. The R&D would be for better, more efficient weapons AND cheaper, easier ways to dismantle and dispose of the old weapons. The outyear prospect is that we will have X-A nukes in the stockpile that will be safe, secure, and reliable into the future at a cost of x1 money.

By taking this approach, President Obama IS leading the way towards nuclear nonproliferation, counterterrorism, and disarmament.

I note with some sadness you didn't address the question I asked. Let me restate it simply and clearly for you:

What do you suggest as an alternative?

Again, YOU provide an effective alternative and I promise you, I will get it into Tom's hands.

From the Deep End Regards,

Joe S.

Is that fence comfortable up in there??

rk
    Stan b & Elvis

More like running a "trot-line" than trolling.........
    rk
    Looks like you caught yourself a big 'un!
    One cannot reason someone out of something they were not reasoned into. - Jonathan Swift

Buzz,

With respect and not meaning to speak for my Good Friend KG, I think what KG may have been getting at was if we don't spend so much on defense, but kept the same tax rate, the money not spent on defense could be spent on health care.

But I've Been Wrong Lots Regards,

Joe S.
    I was responding specifically to the part in bold

Quote Originally Posted by KG
    Here's an idea: show this graph to all the extremists in the world that have declared Jihad on the US. Perhaps they'll realize that if they leave us the he!! alone we'd spend less money on the military and could bring prescription drug and medical equipment costs down....whaddya think?
    I guess I'm not clear on what he proposes we do to bring these costs down that we can't do while spending so much on defense. Maybe he'll stop in and clear that up for me.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by JDogger View Post
    Looks like you caught yourself a big 'un!
    RK frequently gets caught in his own gill traps.
    I presume constantly talking out of both sides of ones mouth increases the chances

Quote Originally Posted by mjh345 View Post
    RK frequently gets caught in his own gill traps.
    I presume constantly talking out of both sides of ones mouth increases the chances
    I think he was talking about the "BIG" one I got on my trot line.
    Now I have a "small" one as well!!

My point was (in case you don't have a 5th grader around to explain it to you) how can you reduce wasteful military spending and stop global nuclear proliferation by spending more?

I think that's a fair question, maybe you can avoid it with cute witicisms but the question does remain and is legit.

Waiting for someone to splain.......

rk
    Stan b & Elvis