The RetrieverTraining.Net Forums The Retriever Academy
Total Retriever Training with Mike Lardy
Hawkeye Media Gunners Up Tritronics Outdoor Media
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Now we know...

Quote Originally Posted by sambo View Post
    What is unclear about what I just wrote...Reagan screw us farmer while he made the defense contractors rich
    Sounds like you have both hands out.

Get ready Sambo. When you poke holes in their hot air balloon, and point out the foibles of big-business republicans, you can expect nit-picking, diversions, personal attacks (a form of diversions) and more refutations in the form of lies and manufactured ideas. Note: one just claimed that Obama quadrupled the national debt during his first year!! I think even his compadres back-stepped away from that one!

Good to have another voice of reason in this sea of BeckRush flotsum.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

It just flew over your head didn't it.

If a company loses money they are able to carry a tax credit forward, so until they use it up, they don't pay taxes.

The right's big arguement is that if you cut taxes you will create jobs, and its not that easy.

Lets compare the president to the new CEO of lets say Citibank, both equally screwed up when they took over the leadership. Now both of them have been in the job about a year and the country and Citi are still screwed up, but showing some signs of improvement...not to say I'm a buyer of US Treasuries of Citi Bonds anytime soon, but my point is that it takes time to fix things when they have been damaged as bad as my too examples.

Now also keep in mind that the president can't go and fire everyone to fix his problems, nor not fund the schools our children go to and not maintain a ready defense or not take care of elderly and veterens, etc. etc.

Please guys use your brain for something other than blowing a dog whistle.
    In the words of Homer Simpson "Doh!" Tax credits for losses are not tax reductions. Tax reductions stimulate business because they allow the companies to keep more of what they make and reinvest it in their business. Key words are "make" vs. "loss".

I'd rather blow my dog whistle than show my arse.
    M&K's HR UH Tucker of Texoma JH
    M&K's SHR Prime Black Angus
    M&K's Miss Jessie Girl JH
    Sir Jacob of Lakeview-Jake
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    I'd rather blow my dog whistle than show my arse.
    Fortunately, you don't have to choose between the two!

(please take that in good-natured sense it was intended....you really left that one hanging!) It does create a disturbing image, though.
    God Bless PFC Jamie Harkness. The US Army's newest PFC, but still our neighbor's little girl!

Quote Originally Posted by dnf777 View Post
    Fortunately, you don't have to choose between the two!

(please take that in good-natured sense it was intended....you really left that one hanging!) It does create a disturbing image, though.
    I did chose between the two. Just got back from training which required whistle blowing. Sambo on the other hand....
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Quote Originally Posted by M&K's Retrievers View Post
    You didn't stir up squat. Where in the world did you come up with this nugget of wisdom regarding tax credits because they laid off employees? I think your confusing tax credits with loss of income. They are not creating jobs because no one is buying.

Chicken or the egg regards
    That does not sound like a comment that a supply sider would make.
    "For everyone to whom much is given, of him shall much be required." -- Luke 12:48

Raven - Moneybird's Black Magic Marker***
    (Esprit's Power Play x Trumarc's Lean Cuisine)
    Mick - Moneybird's Jumpin' Jack Flash***
    (Clubmead's Road Warrior x Oakdale Whitewater Devil Dog)
    Peerless - Moneybird's Sole Survivor
    (Two River's Lucky Willie x Moneybird's Black Magic Marker)

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill View Post
    ...what a true Obamanation is. The new budget is as illustrative as we can get. Talk about one person's view on how to completely destroy a nation, this is it. It's utterly insane!

Can you lefties NOT see what's happening to your country? To your grand children and their grand children? Is there none among you that are full of sword wounds, that see the last sword went into your back?

And many of us wonder why the Mayan calender ended in 2012...why Nostradamus couldn't see any future beyond 2012...why so many see the scriptures as being almost fulfilled, and are preparing for the Rapture to occur any moment now. It's hard to argue against, as we watch the complete annihilation of a free Republic.

The lemmings of the left are leading the destruction, and the ignorant sheeple just join in the parade.

UB
    The Mayan's were probably right.

Tomorrow (Friday) the liars at the BLS will be forced to revise payrolls lower by 824,000 jobs prorated across all months in 2008-2009. The reason has to do with a huge glitch in how the government models for jobs. What a surprise. And you libs want to give them control of healthcare, too? They can't even freaking count!

The next revision will be in early 2011 with another 990,000 jobs whacked because of their (so precise) modeling. Added up that's a loss of close to 2 million jobs. Actually those jobs never existed.

Unemployment in this country is probably north of 20% and Obama wants to give us a nearly $4 trillion dollar budget? Somebody needs to help Dear Leader understand where government receipts come from. Hint...it damn sure doesn't come from the unemployed. 20% unemployment will destroy social security. Just watch.

Buy your groceries now. We're doomed with this crew.

We live in Cuba now.

It's $1.6T not $4T...and your hero Bush had a $1.3T budget...rounding errors...another example of bad information.

I'm pretty sure you were not ragging his budget and all the pork his republican congress was piling on his sandwich of bullshit. No he had our best interest at heart fighting terrorism, keeping americans safe and making sure that oil flowed but not too fast so that his buddies could get a fair price for it of $100-$150 a barrel. Also he was looking out for the less fortunate by cutting taxes, making jobs, while having the highest inflation rate the country has seen since the end of vietnam...if my memory serves me well, I'm sure that Nixon cut taxes too, but didn't get the troops home in time to keep that little conflict in budget, so he undid the woods act...for those who don't know what that was..it was the gold standard...see everyone blames Carter for the inflation of the 80s, but it was Nixon that let the cat out....and Carter's Fed Chairman at the time was Paul Volker...not a very popular guy at the time...damn hero now! Because he did what it took to fix our monetary system and it broke a lot of banks...FYI banks were banks back then, so a failed bank didn't bring down the entire economy....I'm getting tired of sighting history....but your time would be better used reading some history instead on tooning into Beck/Rush..

It's $1.6T not $4T...and your hero Bush had a $1.3T budget...rounding errors...another example of bad information.

I'm pretty sure you were not ragging his budget and all the pork his republican congress was piling on his sandwich of bullshit. No he had our best interest at heart fighting terrorism, keeping americans safe and making sure that oil flowed but not too fast so that his buddies could get a fair price for it of $100-$150 a barrel. Also he was looking out for the less fortunate by cutting taxes, making jobs, while having the highest inflation rate the country has seen since the end of vietnam...if my memory serves me well, I'm sure that Nixon cut taxes too, but didn't get the troops home in time to keep that little conflict in budget, so he undid the woods act...for those who don't know what that was..it was the gold standard...see everyone blames Carter for the inflation of the 80s, but it was Nixon that let the cat out....and Carter's Fed Chairman at the time was Paul Volker...not a very popular guy at the time...damn hero now! Because he did what it took to fix our monetary system and it broke a lot of banks...FYI banks were banks back then, so a failed bank didn't bring down the entire economy....I'm getting tired of sighting history....but your time would be better used reading some history instead on tooning into Beck/Rush..
    You might want to stick to history because your current events suck. Obama's 2011 budget is $3.83T.
    Freeway JYD

Mike Whitworth

Last time I looked it was 2010...I've been known to be a day or two behind but not a year